Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sidharta

Was anyone on accutane *

I'm nearing month three on Accutane and wouldn't think of going off of it right now. My face, although somewhat better than it was during the initial breakout still has whiteheads and cysts. Most people seem to think that your face finally gets better during the third month so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

I know that the success rates are better, the longer you are on it.

I read one journal where a kid was on for 3 months and got pulled off for side-effects. He said he got clear when he went off. My daughter is on month 4 and is not clear and I wouldn't want her off this soon.

I was on it for 3 months, and stopped the treatment... now its like 3 months later and I am thinking of starting it again. My doctor had originally said I needed a 5 month treatment, my skin is clear but I know if I maintain the treatment for another 2 months, the white heads and deep below the surface pores are going to get completely cleared away.

That's my long winded way of saying that since I didn't follow through with my 5 month treatment, I am now going back for a 2nd round because I can see the existing acne (deep below the surface) wanting to resurface... I imagine a full treatment will completely wipe away all remaining residue and etc.