Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ddx

Need a new moisturiser: dry, sensitive skin (Aus)

hey all --

been using Neutrogena moisturiser for sensitive skin and it's great... doesn't make me red or leave my skin feeling gluggy... but it's not quite moisturising enough. i'm still getting flaky around the mouth.

can anyone recommend a gentle but highly-moisturising alternative? Aussie or American products would be great.

it was alright, doesnt feel oily at all. wasnt real thick or thin, but for me it left a slight sheen on my face (not white just a slight reflectiveness), if i was a chick who wore make-up or was less picky i would have really liked it. I have a tube thats at least 3/4 full, if your interested pm me.

I couldnt get rid of the flakes with moisturiser alone, so lately ive been adding some baking soda to my cleanser to scrub away the dead skin, and flakiness is prety much gone.

Well i use neutrogena for combination, and it isnt quite as moisturizing as eucerin skin renewal. The eucerin really is an awesome moisturizer..

See my reviews on the products page..

Put a thin layer of aloe vera on underneath your moisturizer. It will prepare your second layer of skin for when your outler layer flakes off. I had the same problem where moisturizer just wasnt enouth. My skin dries out in a snap. Water alone will make me real dry and extremely uncomfortable. I found the problem to be that the new skin was already dried out and on the verge of being dead. Moisturizer releives your tight skin but does very little to repair it....Aloe will help lock in mositure and repair damaged skin - hence the reason it is so effective on sunburns. The outerlayer of skin is dried out and dead...but the aloe prepares the underlayer for revealing. Took me about 2 weeks to get it all under control, but it works great. I use Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera w/ Oil of Olay on top of it. Also works well for scabbing and descabing poppers.

Aloe is good, but as long as you're using a harsh cleanser, you'll still be dry. Try using a mild pure soap like Ivory once a day...seriously. Use aloe afer you dry your face. I've been acne free for weeks now just doing this and (probably more importantly) changing what I eat.

Check out this post.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...ndpost&p=366174

you may think I'm a quack, (and you might be right) but it has worked for me and a number of others...something to try anyway.

Cheers