Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jam_g

Best Canadian Drugstore BP Gel

Hey Guys! eusa_angel.gif For all the great Canadians here, Shoppers Drug Mart sells PanOxyl 5% BP gel in large tubes for about $10. If you google image 'panoxyl aquagel canada' you'll get a picture of it so that you can find it quickly in the store. It's kinda hard to find cause it's usually at the bottom or off to the side in the acne section. You can get it online too.

If you want to wear makeup over it only use a little bit of BP plus moisturizer or it will clump, and just do the full dose at night.

Hope this helps! Love, Lil eusa_angel.gif

I was just wondering, for anyone who might be familiar with this product:

Do you find that there is a difference between the alcohol-based gel and the aqueous-based gel in terms of performance, how drying/irritating it is, etc?

I believe both are called PanOxyl Antibacterial Acne Gel, with 5% benzoyl peroxide; it's just the base that's different. According to the boxes, the alcohol-based one is for "oily skin," while the water-based one is for "sensitive skin."

I have very oily skin, so I've been trying the alcohol-based gel over the past couple of days, and I've found that it hasn't really helped with oiliness, but it's been very irritating, causing flaking, redness, etc.

Does anyone know if the aqueous gel is much better? What are your experiences with it?

Thanks in advance for your time.

EDIT: Silly me; it seems I forgot to notice that this is a supplies forum. I have re-posted this as a new thread in the Non-prescription Medication forum. Apologies. wink.giflol.gif

Guest TylerD

The water base is better wont dry out your skin but at the same time doesnt make your skin oily either. I order the 2.5 panoxyl because they dont have it in Regina so I get them to order which takes about a day and a half to come and it works great for my skin. Its cleared me up alot and i have been using it for about 2 months now.

I was using the sensittive skin one, i liked it....... i had to buy the oily one , and tomorrow i will use it for the first time....

make sure you use a lot of moisturizer...because this stuff drys you out, especially if you use clean and clear moisturizer with the salizic (spelling?) acid in it...makes my face pretty red.... and i smell like a pool.

i prefer moisturizer that doens't smell medicated......much better when getting horizontal with my gf smile.gif

Hey Guys!  eusa_angel.gif For all the great Canadians here, Shoppers Drug Mart sells PanOxyl 5% BP gel in large tubes for about $10. If you google image 'panoxyl aquagel canada' you'll get a picture of it so that you can find it quickly in the store. It's kinda hard to find cause it's usually at the bottom or off to the side in the acne section.  You can get it online too.

If you want to wear makeup over it only use a little bit of BP plus moisturizer or it will clump, and just do the full dose at night.

Hope this helps!    Love, Lil  eusa_angel.gif

I was just wondering, for anyone who might be familiar with this product:

Do you find that there is a difference between the alcohol-based gel and the aqueous-based gel in terms of performance, how drying/irritating it is, etc?

I believe both are called PanOxyl Antibacterial Acne Gel, with 5% benzoyl peroxide; it's just the base that's different. According to the boxes, the alcohol-based one is for "oily skin," while the water-based one is for "sensitive skin."

I have very oily skin, so I've been trying the alcohol-based gel over the past couple of days, and I've found that it hasn't really helped with oiliness, but it's been very irritating, causing flaking, redness, etc.

Does anyone know if the aqueous gel is much better? What are your experiences with it?

Thanks in advance for your time.

EDIT: Silly me; it seems I forgot to notice that this is a supplies forum. I have re-posted this as a new thread in the Non-prescription Medication forum. Apologies. wink.gif  lol.gif