Notifications
Clear all

Its A Never Ending Cycle....

MemberMember
(@sypherr)

Posted : 01/25/2014 2:30 am

I cannot even comprehend how frustrated I feel about acne, and it's persistence to negatively affect my life. I've been dealing this shit since elementary school, and it never seems to fully go away. Every time I get a glimmer of hope and feel like I have rid myself of this curse forever, it comes back. It truly isn't fair that some people can the most unhygienic lifestyles yet manage to have clear skin. Meanwhile, us acne suffers are try everything in our power to minimize our problem, such as eating healthy and avoiding certain foods, and it never seems to be enough. I can't say my acne is nearly as bad as some people on this board, but it is still very noticeable to the point that it has really affected my confidence. Everywhere I go, my complexion is on the back of my mind. I'm an outgoing individual but have resorted to being anti-social because of my appearance. For the past few years I've been able to cope decently with my acne with thoughts that it will get better in time, but it's really taking a toll on me that I am in university. I can't enjoy myself any where close to what I could be without this stupid condition. It's getting harder and harder to see people around me having as much fun as they are, meanwhile I sit in my room on a Friday night hoping that my skin won't look worse tomorrow. And I don't even want to get started on relationships. It seems that there is always something to provokes me to break out. School, exams, eating, keeping clean bed sheets, washing my face properly, using clean face cloths............... The list goes on and on. Its ridiculous. When I have clear skin, I act like the confident guy that I truly am. But every time I get a blemish, a cyst, anything on my face, it all goes to shit. The worse a feel about my face, the more depressed I get, the worse my acne gets. Its a never ending downward spiral of acne and depression. People tell me just act yourself, but they truly do not understand. I try my best to stay positive, but its tiring have to deal with the same problems over and over.

Sorry but I just had to get that off my chest

Anyone else feel like this?

MemberMember
(@ninjawizard)

Posted : 01/25/2014 8:20 am

I feel like this I just hit an all time low tonite. I don't even know what it's like to be confident anymore? Shit bro we need help.

MemberMember
(@i-love-you)

Posted : 01/26/2014 4:34 am

I try not to be jealous of others' clear skin, but unfortunately it does bother me when someone is clear without even trying.

Also, most of us here are going through the same exact shit you are. The envy, the fear of social situations, the sadness, etc. You're not alone.

MemberMember
(@theacneking)

Posted : 01/26/2014 6:34 am

I signed up for this site, just to reply to you. I've lurked here for ages but this post seemed to really relate to me!

I feel in exactly the same boat. I'm at uni with moderate acne that seems to clear up for a few days, then I get a load new pimples and then a load new marks, especially if I leave them. As soon as I'm clear I'll have all the confidence in the world. I often go through phases where I feel pretty good with my skin, then I see it under a different light and my heart just drops. even without any active spots I'll still have red areas on my face because I have sensitive skin.

I tell my self all the time that I'm fed up, and that soon it'll be over, but I remember saying that 2 years ago as well!

Just try and take a step back from the mirror every so often and relax. :)