Notifications
Clear all

Bananas And Soy Milk Caused My Cystic Acne

MemberMember
(@happybee68)

Posted : 01/17/2014 11:09 am

Hey! I have been struggling with cystic acne for about 3 years.

It is a very frustrating thing to deal with. It's physically and mentally painful! I had tried everything (or so I thought). I would go see my family doctor, who would always prescribe me the exact same pill, which NEVER worked. Despite the fact of me asking her for another option, she was very pushy with the fact that these pills would eventually work. But they didn't!

I started to do research on my own. I read, read, and read. I started keeping track of what I ate every single day, then I would google "can an (let's say apple) give you cystic acne?" Eventually I found a post from a woman who had believed bananas were causing her cystic acne! I was eating 2-3 bananas a day!!!! I was putting 1-2 in my morning smoothie, and having one for a snack!! I immediately stopped eating bananas, and the difference in my skin was amazing! It only took a week to REALLY notice a huge change. I was used to getting a new cyst every day, ouch! So this was HUGE for me :)

About a year went by (with little to no acne) and then it started up again. I knew I did NOT want to deal with cystic again, so I went a natural health store. I spoke with a very knowledgable woman who worked there and she was asking about what I eat in the run of a day.. I started listing off everything and during my ranting list of foods I said "sometimes soy milk" and she said "Woooaahh, STOP with the soy milk!" So I did! Cystic acne GONE!! (I hate dairy products, so I thought I was giving myself a healthy alternative to cow milk)

In addition to no longer eating bananas or drinking soy milk, I now take a table spoon of omega 3 oil each day, and take multivitamins, wash my face with proactive, and drink lots of water. Oh, and in place of soy milk I now drink unsweetened organic almond milk (soo yummy)

I really hope my information can help someone out there struggling with cystic acne! If you do not consume bananas and soy, it could be something else you are eating. Keep track of your foods, and do your research.

Xo

MemberMember
(@sdr-wellnesscoach)

Posted : 01/18/2014 6:00 am

Hey! I have been struggling with cystic acne for about 3 years.

It is a very frustrating thing to deal with. It's physically and mentally painful! I had tried everything (or so I thought). I would go see my family doctor, who would always prescribe me the exact same pill, which NEVER worked. Despite the fact of me asking her for another option, she was very pushy with the fact that these pills would eventually work. But they didn't!

I started to do research on my own. I read, read, and read. I started keeping track of what I ate every single day, then I would google "can an (let's say apple) give you cystic acne?" Eventually I found a post from a woman who had believed bananas were causing her cystic acne! I was eating 2-3 bananas a day!!!! I was putting 1-2 in my morning smoothie, and having one for a snack!! I immediately stopped eating bananas, and the difference in my skin was amazing! It only took a week to REALLY notice a huge change. I was used to getting a new cyst every day, ouch! So this was HUGE for me 🙂

About a year went by (with little to no acne) and then it started up again. I knew I did NOT want to deal with cystic again, so I went a natural health store. I spoke with a very knowledgable woman who worked there and she was asking about what I eat in the run of a day.. I started listing off everything and during my ranting list of foods I said "sometimes soy milk" and she said "Woooaahh, STOP with the soy milk!" So I did! Cystic acne GONE!! (I hate dairy products, so I thought I was giving myself a healthy alternative to cow milk)

In addition to no longer eating bananas or drinking soy milk, I now take a table spoon of omega 3 oil each day, and take multivitamins, wash my face with proactive, and drink lots of water. Oh, and in place of soy milk I now drink unsweetened organic almond milk (soo yummy)

I really hope my information can help someone out there struggling with cystic acne! If you do not consume bananas and soy, it could be something else you are eating. Keep track of your foods, and do your research.

Xo

You would not believe how many of my clients have a immune response to bananas.

Congrats on finding yours.

MemberMember
(@kiat)

Posted : 01/19/2014 4:26 am

I notice I get acne when eating banana but not sure with soy milk.