Notifications
Clear all

No Poo For Acne?

MemberMember
(@benji12345)

Posted : 01/14/2014 7:05 pm

Hey all,

A few weeks back I spent the week at a friends house in South Dakota. While I was in the airport waiting for my flight I got bored and did some acne research, and came across something called 'No Poo'. I decided that I'd try it while I was there. The first 4 days were a great success! Also I need to mention that I didn't masterbate during these 4 days, or the day that I was traveling there. On night 4 I masterbated, and the next morning I woke up with a few breakouts. I didn't think anything of it, however as I continued to masterbate, I got a few breakouts here and there. However, even with my masterbation, the No Poo regimen seemed to be working quite well. Usually I have 10-25breakouts on my face, usually never cystic but some of them were stubborn and annoying. However now that I've been on No Poo (I'm still doing it) that number has been reduced to 5-15!

Anyone else have success or failure with this?

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@2dec2)

Posted : 01/15/2014 8:42 am

whats a no poo regime? you can't take a dump???

MemberMember
(@benji12345)

Posted : 01/15/2014 9:26 am

whats a no poo regime? you can't take a dump???

it means no shampoo

MemberMember
(@brandylad)

Posted : 01/15/2014 11:46 am

glad you cleared that up lol

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 01/15/2014 1:41 pm

I'm doing no shampoo. Not for acne. For my hair. Because its just one more thing that doesn't need to be done and causes problems that people fix with more products that waste money & pollute.

You do no cleansers for acne. I haven't used any kind of soap on my skin other than for hand washing in a couple of years. But my skin was already clear most of the time due to my diet.

See threads:

MemberMember
(@youknow1)

Posted : 01/15/2014 1:59 pm

MemberMember
(@stage1)

Posted : 01/18/2014 12:19 pm

Doesn't your hair get extremely greasy?

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 01/18/2014 7:25 pm

Doesn't your hair get extremely greasy?

Yeah. And then it stops getting greasy and becomes wonderful.

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 01/19/2014 12:47 am

Yeah the greasiness goes away relatively quick. I do still wash with shampoo maybe once every couple weeks but I feel that it's largely unnecessary

MemberMember
(@sdr-wellnesscoach)

Posted : 01/19/2014 9:04 am

This is a interesting topic to me. I have recently just switched my toothpaste, shampoo, and soap over to what we use on babies. What made me think of doing this was a warning label on the back of a honey jar. "Do not give to children under 1 year old" . I wonder why???

ps... I suspected shampoo and soap causing dry skin because I have a severe dry skin reaction to Irish Spring.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 01/19/2014 7:34 pm

This is a interesting topic to me. I have recently just switched my toothpaste, shampoo, and soap over to what we use on babies. What made me think of doing this was a warning label on the back of a honey jar. "Do not give to children under 1 year old" . I wonder why???

ps... I suspected shampoo and soap causing dry skin because I have a severe dry skin reaction to Irish Spring.

They strip lipids from your skin & alter ph a lance of skin which impairs skins ability to function, exfoliate properly, increases sensitivity to irritants, etc.

MemberMember
(@newtoacne)

Posted : 01/19/2014 9:59 pm

Lol