Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
whitey2815

tane side effects

hey im starting my first day of accutane (80mg/day 155 pounds)

what severity of side effects can be expected.. i have pretty tough skin now and my skin is pretty clear (mild-moderate) due to 3 months of bactrim.. Thanks in advance

Hey what's up? I finished my Accutane treatment in May of this year and didn't get a whole lot of side effects. I got chapped lips which got pretty bad, but it was still OK, they never bled or anything, but the corners of my mouth got very dry and hirt. My face and body was dry for a little bit but I used moisturizer and after that it was OK. The severity of side effects is different person by person. Buut you will survive because they clear up pretty quickly after I was done. If you have any questions just private me or whatever and I will answer to the best of my abilities.

I'm confused. If your face is pretty clear then why the Accutane?

Also, my doctor told me that the higher the dose of Accutane, the more severe the initial breakout. 80 mg seems like a lot to start off on. I won't be on 80 mg until my fourth month.

I wish you luck. Keep us posted.

main side effects i had (quit 1 week ago) were: dry lips, dry nose (inside) and a every now & then come & go "rash" on my arms/hands.

also wondering why start on Accutane if your face is clear..