Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My derm. prescribed Tazorac(.5) at night and Klaron in the morning. I am a female with moderate acne and a lighter skin tone. Is Tazorac worth it? If so, have any advice to conrol the breakout period because I do not know if I could handle it if it got really bad. I appreciate any feeback. Thanks and good luck.

I am using tazorac .5 right now, and the beginning breakout stage was difficult, tiny little red marks would break out into white heads, i think its because everything is flushing out of your skin. At the same time your skin will be really red and dry too, its just wonderful! I used a cover up powder, which camoflauged most of it, (cover girl oil control powder in a blue compact works really well, and so does Marcel) But ya, just wait it out, because it does get better and more manageable. oh and by the way, whats Klaron?

Thanks! Klaron (10%) is sodium sulfacetamide lotion. It kills bacteria and keeps the skin from getting too dry.

How long does the 'break-out stage' usually last? I've only been on Tazorac for 1 1/2 weeks just wondering... Hopefully this won't bring too much out.

Sorry to tell you this but the breakout period takes 1-3 months. Thats how long it was with me. It was pretty bad for me, but after that I was getting clearer everyday. Tazorac works! Give it a shot.

I HOPE it's not 3 months! I've been on it for EXACTLY a month, and this past week's been absolutely horrible. I broke out a lot last week and all the redmarks from it are depressing me ;; but I'll give it another month or two to work...as hard as it is to do...

*invests in cover girl*