Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wza

Question about the whole B5 idea

If Coenzyme-A is what really lowers sebum production then why not just take coenzyme-a supplements as opposed to massive amounts of b5? Just lookin for answers (my b5 is already in the mail on its way) : P

If Coenzyme-A is what really lowers sebum production then why not just take coenzyme-a supplements as opposed to massive amounts of b5?  Just lookin for answers (my b5 is already in the mail on its way)  : P

All of that B5 stuff is a load of crap. I tried it for months, probably spent $500 or more and it did not do a thing. It probably isn't healthy for you either. The people who sell that stuff are crooks, looking to make money off of people who are already in an unfortunate situation. MFers!

it is supposed to work for 80% of the people who take it. Personally i think accutane is a load of crap as i took it twice and it made my skin worse...that was about $1500 and made my skin weaker and scar prone....

B5 and Accutane have worked for thousands of people. Just because it wasn't your solution, doesn't mean it doesn't work.

I'm pleased to say that B5 is working for me right now after endless treatments with anti biotics and topical treatments.

No harm in trying anything.

If Coenzyme-A is what really lowers sebum production then why not just take coenzyme-a supplements as opposed to massive amounts of b5?  Just lookin for answers (my b5 is already in the mail on its way)  : P

i think the enzyme has to be naturally produced by the body and taking COEnzyme A in its natural form without it being synthesized naturally doesn`t have the same effect. I read about this a few weeks ago because i thought the same thing but i can`t seem to find the link

B5 works, I have seen results in the first couple days. The biggest being my energy, and a good deal in oil reduction too.

just started big breakout and im depressed. Im not that hungup over it though I just keep saying to myself its pushing all the crap to the surface and in 2 months Ill have clear skin hopefully eusa_pray.gif

Speaking of CoEnzyme-A, this guy from a different message board recommends the following detox supplements:

Coenzyme A Master Nutrient by Coenzyme A Technologies

user posted image

or

Nordic Naturals Ultimate Detox Formula

user posted image

Plus a multi-vitamin like:

Life Extension Mix

user posted image

The Cure For Acne

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The cure for acne is detoxification and I will explain to you why:

According to all the research done on acne sufferers, we have been found to have several deficiencies occuring all at once or one at a time. Those deficiencies are:

- vitamins especially vitamin D, vitamin A, vitamin B6, vitamin B3 and more recently, vitamin B5

- minerals especially zinc, chromium and selenium

- essential fatty acids especially omega 3's but also omega 6 like gamma-linolenic-acid and linolenic acid

- reduced activity of beneficial bacteria in the gut which also causes constipation.

- reduced enzyme activity

By supplementing with the nutrients that are in a deficient state, all we are doing is providing the body with more nutrients to work with, but the problem is not corrected. This is why acne sufferers usually have to injest high dosages of supplements to get some benefits. Since the body has a reduced capacity of processing fats, carbs, amino acids, vitamins and minerals, then consuming mega doses of these nutrients temporarily solves the problem, but yet the root cause is not addressed.

The reason why we have all these deficiencies is because are bodies are toxic with some type of heavy metal poisoning. Toxicities in the body block the absorption and conversion of nutrients so that the body appears to be deficient when in reality the problem comes from malabsorption.

You can spend hundreds of dollars a month taking mega doses of fatty acids, vitamins and minerals but you still won't erradicate the problem. You might see some benefit from taking all these supplements but the regimen will be hard to keep up and your wallet won't like it either.

Instead, address the cause: detoxification is the key. Once the body is clean, the organs can process hormones and nutrients properly and the body returns to a state of harmony and no longer needs mega doses of vitamins and minerals.

The best detoxifiers are not herbs but sulfur based supplements combined with certain vitamins and minerals.

Vitamin B6, zinc, B3, manganese, molybdenum and vitamin C are excellent detoxifiers. Combine them with N-acetyl-cysteine or L-Cysteine or alpha-lipoic acid and you will have a great combination. N-acetyl-cysteine increases glutathione levels in the body. Glutathione is a powerful antioxidant and detoxifier.

Two wonderful supplements for detoxification are:

- Coenzyme A Master Nutrient by Coenzyme A Technologies

- Nordic Naturals Ultimate Detox Formula

Both these formulas are excellent. Take one and combine it with a high potency multivitamin/mineral and drink a lot of water daily.

You will find that your body will be better able to process fats and sugars and that certain foods that used to make you break out, won't anymore.

This is the key, good luck 

hmmm when people start talking about cleaning the body and putting it in a state of harmony i start to become suspicious. I do most of what he says anyway , i take b5, an EFA supplement and a multivitamin tab each day and am getting better

B5 gives me more energy for some reason and I'm always hungry (which is good, because before I didn't enjoy eating at all) I take it with the B5 complex and it seems to work better this way

I know I love B5 for that I have more energy I work long days at work and now the days are more easier to approach without falling over and sleeping. Anyways Ive also lost a bit of weight in the places I WANT TOO. Its awesome my mid s ection the stuborn fat or the "pouch" on the lower stomach is starting to shrink eusa_dance.gif But it has not made me lose any muscle like others have said it only burns fat.