Notifications
Clear all

Alcohol Drinking In-Takes

MemberMember
(@sunbeam-the-great)

Posted : 12/19/2013 7:09 pm

I was wondering something about consuming alcohol. Can drinking alcoholic beverages like beer, wine, sake, martini, etc affect acne?

My belief since alcohol damages brain cells and tissues within the body and can kill ya, I thought it would kill the oil glands and weaken the sebum oil produce rate. And possibly kill acne since using rubbing alcohol tightens pores and eliminates bacteria. It seems so ironic...

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 12/19/2013 8:13 pm

I was wondering something about consuming alcohol. Can drinking alcoholic beverages like beer, wine, sake, martini, etc affect acne?

My belief since alcohol damages brain cells and tissues within the body and can kill ya, I thought it would kill the oil glands and weaken the sebum oil produce rate. And possibly kill acne since using rubbing alcohol tightens pores and eliminates bacteria. It seems so ironic...

You want to kill cells all over your body in the hopes it will clear your skin??

Alcohol damages your liver which would impair its function, which would be bad for acne.

MemberMember
(@sunbeam-the-great)

Posted : 12/19/2013 11:42 pm

You want to kill cells all over your body in the hopes it will clear your skin??

Alcohol damages your liver which would impair its function, which would be bad for acne.

that sure sounds bit mean... It's a a strange conspiracay... Because most people who probably got acne-proned that turned 21 got better when they start drinking.... Idk, it's a weird image that I had... But I'm a social drinker, not to mention I'm not 21 yet.... I'm just curious. I thought alcohol would greatly affect thr hormones in the body.... :/

MemberMember
(@uncle-buck)

Posted : 01/10/2014 5:19 am

Just be careful, alcohol can make you look better for a day because it can drain the water from your face, and then while your liver is busy making sure you don't die, it might take your body a while to care about your face again.

Pretty sure if alcohol could even remotely cure any form of acne, you would hear about it as a selling point. Hell there would be a new acne-hol drink made specifically for it, whether it works or not. Added Vitamin B(ullshit).

There's lots of bacteria in your body fighting the good fight, it's unfair to drop a nuke on the whole thing. Think about your habits and why you have acne, if you're CONSISTENTLY getting acne, then all the bad stuff is going to come back anyway the same way it came in. Do you think the good stuff is going to come back as fast? With an empty battlefield you're going to have more acne than ever. Even if it DID work, it's still not a solution and leads down to a dangerous path of alcohol addiction.