Notifications
Clear all

Chemical Peel Burn

MemberMember
(@team510)

Posted : 12/14/2013 3:22 am

Hey guys, so I got a chemical peel last week and It burned my skin in two spots, both right under my eyes. I left it alone for a few days and they turned into scabs that fell of when I showered yesterday. There are now two dark marks lefts and I don't know what to do. I asked the lady who did the peel and she said to use calendula cream and it will fade...sigh... Its pretty bad, people at work asked if I got punched in the eye. I was thinking about trying another peel that's not as strong so I can peel the dark spots? im just worried that it will burn my skin again. The timing for all of this couldn't be better, im going on a trip next month which is why I am in a hurry to get these dark marks gone.

post-362165-0-75867600-1387009294.jpeg

post-362165-0-75867600-1387009294.jpeg

MemberMember
(@trentah)

Posted : 12/21/2013 2:31 am

Did you get it done by a doctor???

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/21/2013 9:39 am

I got a small chemical burn on the side of my forehead when I tried using benzol peroxide ontop of tee tree oil on my acne. The pimple did go away and the area is now spot free :) You can exfoliate the chemical burn away over time or find a good doctor that can give you suggestions e.g another peel / laser / cream.

If you have active acne then another deep peel can help your acne.

MemberMember
(@markd343)

Posted : 12/21/2013 10:18 pm

I would talk to your doctor. Could get worse. Definetly don't do a chemical peel till you talk to your doctor.

MemberMember
(@team510)

Posted : 12/22/2013 2:31 pm

hey thanks for the input guys. It was done by a dermatologist, she told me its not a scar, its hyperpigmented and that it should fade. I was kind of upset because now im stuck with this dark mark that may or may not fade. I want to try another peel to get rid of the mark but she told me to wait and see if it will fade on its own. So far its been a little over 3 weeks and it doesn't look any better to me. I will try and post another picture when I get home tonight. Anyone know about laser treatments or microdermabrasion for hyper pigmented skin? I was going to look into that if she says I shouldn't do another peel. Its depressing to have this dark mark under my eye on top of having acne...I just want to get it fixed as fast as possible.

MemberMember
(@hope27)

Posted : 12/22/2013 3:39 pm

If u do deside to get another peel it has to be a VI peel

If ur Asian Hispanic or African American the chances of getting a chemical burn is greater than a white person . A couple of years ago they came up with a new peel for darker skins . It's called the VI peel. Google it YouTube it and if u do decide to do a peel look for a doctor that carries that peel.