Notifications
Clear all

How Do Clogged Pores Work?

MemberMember
(@balance-bird)

Posted : 11/28/2013 5:04 pm

I just don't get it! The only thing I do get is that people with tiny pores, are kind invisible cause nothing can get in them, but I don't get it.

Are molecules to big to clog pores, and then jus the right size to clog pores?

I mean people say vaseline doesn't clog pores..or castor oil...

I mean if you have excessive skin cell production then oil could trap skin cellsand people with normal skin growth won't have excessive skin cell build up I guess

How long does a product have to sit on skin to clog it? Like I have leave in conditioner for my hair that I rinse off my skin thoroughly, but would it sitting on my skin for 20 mins already be too late and clog my pores?

I assume a lotion would clog pores cause you leave it on all day and sometimes even sleep in it. But what if you come in contact with a hair conditioner like I said? I'm paranoid a tad.

I wanna use some castor oil in my hairbut is it going to clog my pores up? I mean what if I wanted to put some face paint on for halloween, is it going to clog my pores?

Why don't products clog body pores as easily as face pores? There must be some science behind it. I get geneticsbut I wanna understand it!

MemberMember
(@balance-bird)

Posted : 11/29/2013 9:53 am

bump!? please!

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 11/29/2013 11:07 am

it depends on the ingredients in whatever you are apply , some causes clog pores some dont

as long as you use something that can nuetralize the clog pores by exfoliating or something i guess its fine ?

MemberMember
(@balance-bird)

Posted : 11/29/2013 11:17 am

it depends on the ingredients in whatever you are apply , some causes clog pores some dont

as long as you use something that can nuetralize the clog pores by exfoliating or something i guess its fine ?

I mean, should I mix my castor oil with water? Maybe the less concentrated the less it will clog pores. Sigh!

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 11/29/2013 11:22 am

caster oil is consider a mild clogging pore ingredient so i wouldnt use it

MemberMember
(@balance-bird)

Posted : 11/29/2013 5:31 pm

I'm absolutely paranoid! I've just started to eat normally, ordered grass fed beef boycotting anything badand now i'm paranoid about even my natural hair products or CeraVe lotion! I was going to put my lotion in my hair! But I heard that it even clogs pores!