Initial Breakout

MemberMember
(@izzat)

Posted : 11/10/2013 10:45 am

It has been more than 2 weeks of my accutane course, and somehow my left side of the face breakout tremendously.

my skin is very dry which is normal, and the initial breakout made me uncomfortable going out,

but right now it's the peak of my first semester in college sooooooooo....yeaahh. can't run away from classes and other stuff.

All i wanted to ask is how long does the initial breakout last?

the pimples are all sensitive and i think it's a cystic acne (huge bums with no head)

Help! sad.png

MemberMember
(@eatsrainbows)

Posted : 11/10/2013 11:22 am

I got my initial breakout at the end on month 1 and it was pretty much finished by the end of month 2. You'll get there, don't worry :)

MemberMember
(@devyani)

Posted : 11/10/2013 12:32 pm

i am on accutane for about 10 days and breaking out on left cheek. i am also on yaz for about a week...i dnt know if the breakout is bcoz of yaz or accutane..but i really hate them. can ny1 plz tell me how long initial breakout due to yaz takes?...accutane was working for me without ny breakouts i guess..but now i am on yaz also..and cant understand which one is giving me IB :(

MemberMember
(@kim28)

Posted : 11/10/2013 3:26 pm

Most people see great results within a month or two. Two weeks is not a lot - hang in there!

MemberMember
(@izzat)

Posted : 11/11/2013 10:30 am

Most people see great results within a month or two. Two weeks is not a lot - hang in there!

I got my initial breakout at the end on month 1 and it was pretty much finished by the end of month 2. You'll get there, don't worry smile.png

i know it's still early for my face to get better, but the breakout isn't like lots of small red dots but a really large about 5 of them scattered, deep cyst. there's one giant on my forehead and it really pains me to walk around the campus like this...

any tips to reduce the size of it?

i'm using retin-a a lot but it doesn't seem to shrink the size of it and it has been there for more than a week

MemberMember
(@bhollowa)

Posted : 11/11/2013 11:58 am

This will sound quite unmasculine, but if you really want to hide it, a dab of makeup or a tinted moisturizer can really help. It takes the edge off it terms of redness and I know that it helped me get through the short period my skin was breaking out badly.

MemberMember
(@izzat)

Posted : 11/12/2013 10:16 am

i'm really frustrated right now cause new bums are forming and the old ones still at large

this have to be the worst breakout i had and i felt awfully depressed

scars all over my face and now new deep pimples are forming

it really pains me to look at my own reflection :/

MemberMember
(@devyani)

Posted : 11/13/2013 6:02 am

I am.facing the same situation....hv bee on accutane ,for 2 weeks abd breaking out with the same pace...or may b even more...i am really really scares to look into the mirror..and I am actually avoiding it ..but cant avoid the pain I am hving bcoz of these cystic acnes..dunno when they will stop coming and when the older ones start drying out :(:(:(:(