Using Lemon Juice T...

Notifications
Clear all

Using Lemon Juice To Get Rid Of Horrible Tan

MemberMember
(@ahmedmorsi)

Posted : 10/29/2013 3:54 pm

Ok so this summer I spent a tremendous time in the sun in Bali and Alexandria and now I'm stuck with this horrible deep tan. I want to speed up the process and was thinking of adding lemon juice to my PM regimen; maybe mix it in with my moisturizer+jojoba oil+AHA? is this a bad idea? is there some sort of reaction that can happen between the lemon juice and AHA?

I think it's safe to say that I'm clear or atleast have it under control, acne is not much of a hassle anymore if that helps in anyway.

MemberMember
(@ksg1996)

Posted : 10/29/2013 5:26 pm

Horrible idea. Try aloe vera (but extracted by yourself from the plant, NOT BOUGHT IN A BOTTLE).

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 10/29/2013 9:27 pm

Tans are really really hard to get off. Trust me nothing can make them go away fast. It takes a month if your lucky, but usually more.

But, lemon juice is basically natural aha. If you already put aha on your skin, then i dont think it is neccessary to add the lemon juice. Too much is not always good.

Ways to help get rid of tan is

.... Exfoliation (never over exfoliate)

.... Aha (seems like you have this one)

.... Sunscreen

.... Get lots of vitamin c, vitamin a, and vitamin e internally

.... And lastly and the most important, stay out of the sun.

MemberMember
(@almanac)

Posted : 10/30/2013 12:21 am

I've used lemon in the past to treat my hyperpigmentation marks and brighten my complexion a couple of years ago when my face was quite clear. But I used the lemon juice as a mask for 15 minutes and did this twice a week. I found that it helped a lot, but I wouldn't know what it would be like now that I'm on the regimen. I do, however, remember seeing a video on youtube of someone that was using the regimen but also did their own DIY lemon + sugar scrub to use once a week or something. SInce you're pretty much clear, I don't see why you shouldn't try using lemon as a scrub or a mask, but I wouldn't advise mixing it in with your products to leave on your face overnight.

I personally experienced a really tanned face due to the regimen, and I've only recently noticed that it's pretty much gone. I've been exfoliating with jojoba oil and using AHA every couple of nights for the past few weeks, and last week I also did a DIY papaya + honey mask (which I'm planning to do once a week), which I think helps with tanning and hyperpigmentation marks.

MemberMember
(@xdevochkax)

Posted : 10/31/2013 2:44 am

I've used lemon in the past to treat my hyperpigmentation marks and brighten my complexion a couple of years ago when my face was quite clear. But I used the lemon juice as a mask for 15 minutes and did this twice a week. I found that it helped a lot, but I wouldn't know what it would be like now that I'm on the regimen. I do, however, remember seeing a video on youtube of someone that was using the regimen but also did their own DIY lemon + sugar scrub to use once a week or something. SInce you're pretty much clear, I don't see why you shouldn't try using lemon as a scrub or a mask, but I wouldn't advise mixing it in with your products to leave on your face overnight.

The consistency of sugar granules are as bad as St. Ive's Apricot Scrub, if not worse. I think leaving lemon juice on your face as a mask is fine, but I wouldn't recommend using it with sugar to exfoliate at all. Even if you do it gently, the granules are very harsh on the skin. It will more likely than not irritate it at best; at worst break you out.

MemberMember
(@almanac)

Posted : 10/31/2013 4:28 am

The consistency of sugar granules are as bad as St. Ive's Apricot Scrub, if not worse. I think leaving lemon juice on your face as a mask is fine, but I wouldn't recommend using it with sugar to exfoliate at all. Even if you do it gently, the granules are very harsh on the skin. It will more likely than not irritate it at best; at worst break you out.

I personally found white granulated sugar to be less harsh than St. Ive's Apricot Scrub on my skin when I used it in the past. But I guess, different things work for different people. Depends how sensitive you are to physical exfoliants I guess.