Notifications
Clear all

Diet Never Cured My Acne

MemberMember
(@nicklo62)

Posted : 10/24/2013 6:57 pm

I think all the diet hype on these boards is bs. I was a vegan for 7 years, tried paleo for 6 months (looked like a meth head when I was done), tried starvation diets, tried no dairy, gluten, sugar diets, and the list goes on. Through out all this I still had moderate to severe body acne. I'm done experimenting on myself. I'm 34, and I am finally making the decision to go on accutane. If I found out anything in all these years, is that the only thing that did ever seem to effect my body acne was soap, and usually for the worse.

MemberMember
(@2005)

Posted : 10/24/2013 7:02 pm

I guess if everything else did not work why not? Good luck

MemberMember
(@garrettryan)

Posted : 10/24/2013 7:32 pm

Diet is not always the answer for everyone. I know there's a lot of information about people getting clear that way, but their acne could be from a sensitivity, or allergy.. not everyone is as sensitive as the next. I know diet doesn't really change my acne a noticeable amount... and there's so much information out there that it almost feels like if you listened to everyone you wouldn't be able to eat anything at all! ahah.

I wish you all the best of luck with accutane, and keep us all updated with how you do! (:

MemberMember
(@user354689)

Posted : 10/24/2013 9:12 pm

MemberMember
(@dw0725)

Posted : 10/25/2013 2:33 am

Do a parasite cleanse. I PROMISE your acne will be gone.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 10/25/2013 10:30 pm

Have you tried herbals to detox fully? Live food diet? You're living in a America, most likely you haven't and you've been brainwashed by corporate america.

MemberMember
(@dancedd)

Posted : 10/25/2013 11:05 pm

I think all the diet hype on these boards is bs. I was a vegan for 7 years, tried paleo for 6 months (looked like a meth head when I was done), tried starvation diets, tried no dairy, gluten, sugar diets, and the list goes on. Through out all this I still had moderate to severe body acne. I'm done experimenting on myself. I'm 34, and I am finally making the decision to go on accutane. If I found out anything in all these years, is that the only thing that did ever seem to effect my body acne was soap, and usually for the worse.

Hey, I feel your pain. I am 32 years old and still dealing with this crap despite diet changes. I actually have tried accutane when I was 20 years old. Unfortunately it only lasted a month of me being 100% clear...

But I know it has worked for alot of people. So it might work for you too. Considering that you tried everything else. I would probably do accutane too if I was in your shoes. But for me even accutante won't work. lol

anyways keep us posted and Good luck!

MemberMember
(@dancedd)

Posted : 10/26/2013 4:18 pm

How often does one have to do this cleanse in order to be clear all the time? Because I see people doing all these cleanses, but as soon as they get off and start eating healthy (no junk) diet they break out..

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 10/26/2013 7:28 pm

How often does one have to do this cleanse in order to be clear all the time? Because I see people doing all these cleanses, but as soon as they get off and start eating healthy (no junk) diet they break out..

dancedd, I was searching for posts on colostrum on acne.org, and your posts came up. I'm trying to improve my digestion, and this is one of the supplements I am considering. What was your verdict on it? Useful or not?

I never was good at cleanses, but I did have good luck with a liver detoxifier called l-glutathione. This was my idea of a liver detox without the actual cleanse.

And just to warn people: all those herbal detox teas can actually make the situation worse. If you want to try herbal detoxes, it's best to start with one herb (like licorice or milk thistle) and then add more if you don't get a reaction.

You might think it's bs because you haven't found the right diet for you yet. Dietary changes have helped lots of people, so it's not right to say that no diet works. I was a vegetarian for years but the most simple thing I should have avoided was not meat, it was tomatoes. So you never know what random food sensitivities you may have, and what the diet right for your blood type could be. But anyway, if you are going on accutane still try to eat healthy because if you already have digestive issues it will certainly make them worse in the long run.

PS. I think that body acne could be caused by something as random as an allergy to a laundry detergent or certain fabrics or even ingrown hairs, it doesn't have to be caused by just diet or hormones.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 10/26/2013 7:37 pm

Diet is not always the answer for everyone. I know there's a lot of information about people getting clear that way, but their acne could be from a sensitivity, or allergy.. not everyone is as sensitive as the next. I know diet doesn't really change my acne a noticeable amount... and there's so much information out there that it almost feels like if you listened to everyone you wouldn't be able to eat anything at all! ahah.

I wish you all the best of luck with accutane, and keep us all updated with how you do! (:

Diet affects everyone's acne, it isn't possible for it not to, but if you have an intolerance to something that's allowed in your diet and it causes acne as the reaction, you'll still get acne. I used to get severe cystic acne on neck, hairline, chest, back, arms buttocks and ometimes even thighs. And it was a reaction to a food that would have been allowed on nearly all the diets the OP mentioned. The starvation diet being one exception. But I would have never tried that anyway. And anyone that would is not approaching this calm and rationally. And stress and anxiety can have a huge impact on acne and everything else to do with health.

Or you could have some other issue that isn't being addressed.

I do wish the OP luck though. Accutane did nothing for me not even temporarily and the effects tend to be temporary. Fortunately, I don't seem to have suffered from any of the many side effects.

MemberMember
(@dancedd)

Posted : 10/26/2013 7:55 pm

dancedd, I was searching for posts on colostrum on acne.org, and your posts came up. I'm trying to improve my digestion, and this is one of the supplements I am considering. What was your verdict on it? Useful or not?

I never was good at cleanses, but I did have good luck with a liver detoxifier called l-glutathione. This was my idea of a liver detox without the actual cleanse.

And just to warn people: all those herbal detox teas can actually make the situation worse. If you want to try herbal detoxes, it's best to start with one herb (like licorice or milk thistle) and then add more if you don't get a reaction.

I wouldn't recommend colostrum. It actually broke out alot of people back when I tried it a few years ago. For me, it didn't make any difference either way. I tested it out for about a month.

Are you already taking digestive enzymes and probiotics? I think those two should eventually help your digestion. It helped me somewhat. I am experimenting with the addition of HCI in order to improve my digestion more. But its too soon to tell if its making any difference or not.

I have heard about l-gluthione before. Isn't it an amino acid? Cant it be found in proteins (meats, fish, chicken, etc)? Are you still taking it? What did it clear up for you?

Btw, is there a spell check option here? LOL The format of the site changed and I can't find where to spell check our posts.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 10/26/2013 10:44 pm

Are you already taking digestive enzymes and probiotics? I think those two should eventually help your digestion. It helped me somewhat. I am experimenting with the addition of HCI in order to improve my digestion more. But its too soon to tell if its making any difference or not.

I have heard about l-gluthione before. Isn't it an amino acid? Cant it be found in proteins (meats, fish, chicken, etc)? Are you still taking it? What did it clear up for you?

Btw, is there a spell check option here? LOL The format of the site changed and I can't find where to spell check our posts.

Yeah, I take probiotics and digestive enzymes but not every day like I used to. I actually stopped for a while to see if that made a difference, and I could tell that it did so I need to take care of my digestion. Someone on here recommended HCL, but I'm not sure if HCI works the same? In any case, without the proper diet supplements won't do much, but sometimes you do need a boost because diet alone won't cure serious issues.

Yes, glutathione is an amino acid and an antioxidant. The body needs to have the right tools to make it, and the best ways to boost it are by exercising, eating sulfur-rich foods, organic meats and in some fish, taking supplements like NAC, ALA, milk thistle and selenium. But when I read about gluthathione I thought I'd try the actual l-glutathione supplement first, although some sources claim that it can't be properly absorbed by the body. A naturopath recommended it to strengthen my liver, and she told me to rotate it with milk thistle and selenium. L-glutathione made the most difference out of the three (I actually had an allergic reaction to milk thistle that could have been a detox effect but I felt so bad I didn't continue taking it to see which one it was). It kept my acne at bay but it's only supposed to be taken short term otherwise it stops working, like milk thistle and other detoxifiers. So I take it for a few weeks, then take a break, and I noticed that my skin is better while I take it. Some people prefer to boost their glutathione levels by taking l-cysteine or l-glutamine, which are supposed to be more easily absorbable but I haven't tried those.

About the spell check...when I type, I still see the spell check. But anyway, I don't think most people here mind spelling mistakes lol. Maybe if you click on the advanced reply options you can fin the spell check.

MemberMember
(@jen0489x)

Posted : 10/27/2013 7:33 am

Diet is not the reason for everyone's acne. I tried for almost three years to cure my acne with diet and herbs. I went on green juice cleanses, water cleanses under the supervision of a doctor, no dairy, soy, or gluten, I eliminated all citrus, I tried the apple diet, I change my pillow cases every day. I tried hormone balancing herbs (vitex, chasteberry, DIM, etc) for six months, I did a parasite cleanse, I tried coffee enemas, I went on the all apple diet for three days, I drink green smoothies and juices everyday. I eat absolutely nothing out of a can, bottle, or anything whatsoever that has been processed. I make everything fresh, 100% organic, I do not eat out. Whew. I've tried so much more than I can write, because curing my acne has been an obsession. But you know what? It didn't really help my skin. I am still eating incredibly healthy, because it has drastically improved other aspects of my life (my depression and anxiety, my sleep, etc) but the only thing that worked for my skin in specific is spironolactone. My skin has always been generally clear for two weeks, and an awful cystic outbreak for two weeks. The two weeks that I break out are during and after my period. I need to get my hormone levels checked out, but I've done a diet for at least a month to balance every and any hormonal imbalance I could have. It becomes daunting, and makes food an enemy, but spiro helps without going through all this torture and my skin is clear all month.

MemberMember
(@gladiatoro)

Posted : 10/27/2013 2:44 pm

Diet is not the reason for everyone's acne. I tried for almost three years to cure my acne with diet and herbs. I went on green juice cleanses, water cleanses under the supervision of a doctor, no dairy, soy, or gluten, I eliminated all citrus, I tried the apple diet, I change my pillow cases every day. I tried hormone balancing herbs (vitex, chasteberry, DIM, etc) for six months, I did a parasite cleanse, I tried coffee enemas, I went on the all apple diet for three days, I drink green smoothies and juices everyday. I eat absolutely nothing out of a can, bottle, or anything whatsoever that has been processed. I make everything fresh, 100% organic, I do not eat out. Whew. I've tried so much more than I can write, because curing my acne has been an obsession. But you know what? It didn't really help my skin. I am still eating incredibly healthy, because it has drastically improved other aspects of my life (my depression and anxiety, my sleep, etc) but the only thing that worked for my skin in specific is spironolactone. My skin has always been generally clear for two weeks, and an awful cystic outbreak for two weeks. The two weeks that I break out are during and after my period. I need to get my hormone levels checked out, but I've done a diet for at least a month to balance every and any hormonal imbalance I could have. It becomes daunting, and makes food an enemy, but spiro helps without going through all this torture and my skin is clear all month.

Our acne is obviously hormone related for a lot of women that is the case. I'm glad you found something that works even if it is a drug lol..

MemberMember
(@gladiatoro)

Posted : 10/27/2013 3:10 pm

Yeah, I take probiotics and digestive enzymes but not every day like I used to. I actually stopped for a while to see if that made a difference, and I could tell that it did so I need to take care of my digestion. Someone on here recommended HCL, but I'm not sure if HCI works the same? In any case, without the proper diet supplements won't do much, but sometimes you do need a boost because diet alone won't cure serious issues.

Yes, glutathione is an amino acid and an antioxidant. The body needs to have the right tools to make it, and the best ways to boost it are by exercising, eating sulfur-rich foods, organic meats and in some fish, taking supplements like NAC, ALA, milk thistle and selenium. But when I read about gluthathione I thought I'd try the actual l-glutathione supplement first, although some sources claim that it can't be properly absorbed by the body. A naturopath recommended it to strengthen my liver, and she told me to rotate it with milk thistle and selenium. L-glutathione made the most difference out of the three (I actually had an allergic reaction to milk thistle that could have been a detox effect but I felt so bad I didn't continue taking it to see which one it was). It kept my acne at bay but it's only supposed to be taken short term otherwise it stops working, like milk thistle and other detoxifiers. So I take it for a few weeks, then take a break, and I noticed that my skin is better while I take it. Some people prefer to boost their glutathione levels by taking l-cysteine or l-glutamine, which are supposed to be more easily absorbable but I haven't tried those.

About the spell check...when I type, I still see the spell check. But anyway, I don't think most people here mind spelling mistakes lol. Maybe if you click on the advanced reply options you can fin the spell check.

Some people say diet doesn't work , herbs don't work , I have tried everything they say but in reality most people have success with diet and herbs but here is the key factor...... trigger foods everyone has them who is acne prone that is a fact these foods will worsen the condition . For me over the years I have discovered that my trigger food is ...... French fries or deep fried food even cooked in high quality oil , I never developed any acne until I was around 20 or so but my acne was never severe , moderate to mild I took Accutane around that time did nothing for my acne just caused side effects like hair loss , I truly think Accutane should be reserved for severe acne only when all other avenues are exhausted first , it can mess with the body big time and permanently .

The whole laundry detergent thing sounds intriguing , buying regular laundry soap if one thinks about it , it is loaded with chemicals and once cloths are washed there will be residue left on the cloths not good. For me that may be a avenue to pursue since I mainly only get acne on my chest mild put persistent it is. Organic coconut oil seems to work pretty good though.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 10/27/2013 10:46 pm

I agree that not all acne is diet related, but you can use your diet and supplements to regulate hormones. But that can take a lot of trial and error, that's why many people give up. Even if you are currently on medication, that's no excuse to eat like crap and have bad hygiene.

I have been having a lot of success with the most underrated supplement for hormonal acne, inositol. I asked so many doctors about it and noone knew how much it can help with PCOS, let alone neurological issues, glucose intolerance, and anxiety/ depression. One doctor told me that they spend so much time researching drugs that there's not enough time left to research vitamins. So basically you have to do your own research before going to your doctor because you might come across a non-mainsteam treatment they never even heard of.

Unfortunately though, even though I escaped my hormonal breakouts this month, I was still not immune to a food breakout and now one side of my face is swollen, like I got punched in the face saywhat.gif This only happens when I eat something that doesn't agree with me...usually too much sugar/ junk food. The allergic breakouts look different than hormonal ones, and are in other parts of my face. Does anyone else get this? Like, I know based on the appearance and location of a cyst whether it's hormonal or diet/allergy related.

As for laundry detergents, I noticed that if I wash my gym clothes with generic detergent I itch all over. I also get a rash from some fabrics.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 10/28/2013 8:13 am

I agree that not all acne is diet related, but you can use your diet and supplements to regulate hormones. But that can take a lot of trial and error, that's why many people give up. Even if you are currently on medication, that's no excuse to eat like crap and have bad hygiene.

I have been having a lot of success with the most underrated supplement for hormonal acne, inositol. I asked so many doctors about it and noone knew how much it can help with PCOS, let alone neurological issues, glucose intolerance, and anxiety/ depression. One doctor told me that they spend so much time researching drugs that there's not enough time left to research vitamins. So basically you have to do your own research before going to your doctor because you might come across a non-mainsteam treatment they never even heard of.

Unfortunately though, even though I escaped my hormonal breakouts this month, I was still not immune to a food breakout and now one side of my face is swollen, like I got punched in the face O_O This only happens when I eat something that doesn't agree with me...usually too much sugar/ junk food. The allergic breakouts look different than hormonal ones, and are in other parts of my face. Does anyone else get this? Like, I know based on the appearance and location of a cyst whether it's hormonal or diet/allergy related.

People like to say that acne on chin is hormonal, but that isn't necessarily the case. My citrus intolerance caused cysts all along my jawline, hairline, temples and neck. But often enough elsewhere as well like cheeks, back, arms, etc. I think different ones caused cysts in different places because when I tried having some tangerine after years of avoiding them along with oranges, grapefruit, I got cysts on my temples, after not having that happen in years. And I would still occasionally get them on my neck while having only lemon & lime in water or food, and eventually figured out they occurred when I had key limes as opposed to Persian.

MemberMember
(@hopemore)

Posted : 10/28/2013 8:38 am

Unfortunately though, even though I escaped my hormonal breakouts this month, I was still not immune to a food breakout and now one side of my face is swollen, like I got punched in the face saywhat.gif This only happens when I eat something that doesn't agree with me...usually too much sugar/ junk food. The allergic breakouts look different than hormonal ones, and are in other parts of my face. Does anyone else get this? Like, I know based on the appearance and location of a cyst whether it's hormonal or diet/allergy related.

People like to say that acne on chin is hormonal, but that isn't necessarily the case. My citrus intolerance caused cysts all along my jawline, hairline, temples and neck. But often enough elsewhere as well like cheeks, back, arms, etc. I think different ones caused cysts in different places because when I tried having some tangerine after years of avoiding them along with oranges, grapefruit, I got cysts on my temples, after not having that happen in years. And I would still occasionally get them on my neck while having only lemon & lime in water or food, and eventually figured out they occurred when I had key limes as opposed to Persian.

I'm male and my acne is severest on my chin (usually cysts on my chin and whiteheads elsewhere on my face). Masturbation and especially ejaculation makes it a lot worse. Alternativista, I read your post about hormones and acne. You said that supplements like saw palmetto, beta sitosterol, licorice etc. would help but the list was so long that I don't know where to start. Also, you said that it's always best to avoid supplements and eat healthy. So, my question is: what should I eat and if the diet is not enough what supplements should I take first? I'm so sorry that I bother you but it would be so helpful if you could push me to the right direction! Thanks!

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 10/28/2013 2:01 pm

True. I never got this type of swelling on my face from hormonal acne. This looks and feels different. I also got it once on my forehead, where I never get acne unless I have an allergic reaction, and it got swollen to the size of a huge bump. Whenever I get jawline acne, however, it's due to folliculitis/ infected hair follicles. Doctors were insisting for years that jawline acne is hormonal but in my case, I got it treated with tea tree and extractions, and it hasn't returned. Milk thistle also made my jawline breakout really bad.

Does aloe juice help with digestion btw? I'm out of digestive enzymes and aloe juice is all I have until I get paid. I'm planning on getting an hcl & pepsin supplement to help minimize allergic reactions, but from my understanding they are all derived from pork.... no idea if I have a porcine allergy. I'm thinking that I may have low stomach acid, that's why this past year I have been reacting to things I never did in the past, and have been having histamine reactions.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 10/28/2013 3:43 pm

True. I never got this type of swelling on my face from hormonal acne. This looks and feels different. I also got it once on my forehead, where I never get acne unless I have an allergic reaction, and it got swollen to the size of a huge bump. Whenever I get jawline acne, however, it's due to folliculitis/ infected hair follicles. Doctors were insisting for years that jawline acne is hormonal but in my case, I got it treated with tea tree and extractions, and it hasn't returned. Milk thistle also made my jawline breakout really bad.

Does aloe juice help with digestion btw? I'm out of digestive enzymes and aloe juice is all I have until I get paid. I'm planning on getting an hcl & pepsin supplement to help minimize allergic reactions, but from my understanding they are all derived from pork.... no idea if I have a porcine allergy. I'm thinking that I may have low stomach acid, that's why this past year I have been reacting to things I never did in the past, and have been having histamine reactions.

Aloe and every other mucilagenous plants help heal the mucin lining in your digestive tract. I don't know that it helps with digestion the way digestive enzymes do.

MemberMember
(@k3tchup)

Posted : 10/29/2013 2:14 am

Keep in mind that everyone is different. Too many variables and not enough control. Some people cheat by "adding" into their regimen and come to report that following one plan without supplematation cured them completely.

What also is not know is the health of that person. Some people have underlying conditions, often unknown to them that directly, indirectly, or accidentatly get "fixed" which then leads to them claiming it solved their acne.

I do not discredit those for who it has worked. But like i said, too many variables and unknowns

I for one was never really helped by any "diet". This includes when i was running 10k daily. I was physically in the best shape I had ever been, eatting moderately better than I had in the past without pills. I still had problems guys. Still.

Then nursing school happened. I lost my muscle mass, dropped 27lbs in 4 months. And to this day continue to eat like @#$%. I'm not impressed at times with myself. But thats school for ya. However, my skin has not reflect my terrible regression of healthly eatting.

On a side note; I had a full physical workup a month ago because I particpated in a medical procedure to save a life. Its been well over a year since I have ran, worked out, or have ate decent regularly. Go figure.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 10/29/2013 9:48 am

Keep in mind that everyone is different. Too many variables and not enough control. Some people cheat by "adding" into their regimen and come to report that following one plan without supplematation cured them completely.

What also is not know is the health of that person. Some people have underlying conditions, often unknown to them that directly, indirectly, or accidentatly get "fixed" which then leads to them claiming it solved their acne.

I do not discredit those for who it has worked. But like i said, too many variables and unknowns

I for one was never really helped by any "diet". This includes when i was running 10k daily. I was physically in the best shape I had ever been, eatting moderately better than I had in the past without pills. I still had problems guys. Still.

Then nursing school happened. I lost my muscle mass, dropped 27lbs in 4 months. And to this day continue to eat like @#$%. I'm not impressed at times with myself. But thats school for ya. However, my skin has not reflect my terrible regression of healthly eatting.

On a side note; I had a full physical workup a month ago because I particpated in a medical procedure to save a life. Its been well over a year since I have ran, worked out, or have ate decent regularly. Go figure.

Running like that is pro inflammatory and thus, harmful. And not good for acne.

I swear, every time people make these posts, they always include a long list of bad diet and lifestyle habits in their examples of 'healthy' Things they tried. Apple diets, cleanses, Starvation, extreme workouts...

Anyone trying these things is not managing their anxiety & stress. Or truly trying to learn how to live a healthy lifestyle. And I can't even imagine what the OP was choosing to eat on his/her paleo diet that Mede him/her look like a 'meth head'. But it obviously wasn't a good diet. And so obviously wouldn't be good for acne.

I always love the vegan claims as if that means they ate the healthiest diet possible. It's very easy to eat an unhealthy vegan diet. look at all the processed vegan faux food crap sold at Whole Foods. Heres a tip, in the supermarket or health food store, Stay out of the aisles filled with boxes. Other than perhaps the tea aisle.

MemberMember
(@k3tchup)

Posted : 10/29/2013 12:20 pm

For one i wasnt running for my acne, i was running, training for a marathon. There is one every spring a couple hundred miles from me its extremely popular too. I took breaks, weekends off to recover, low weight bearing excercise to all my body to recover. I had trained for 11 months. In that time i was able to go from a 20 minutes to over 2 hours of running. I ate right. Nuts, legumes, an occassional egg, fish, and chicken. I

My uncle has a master's in nutrition. He trains body builders, college football teams, and hockey as well the general public. He helped with my diet selection. He also helped with my routine because he himself was a body builder.

Extreme? To some yes. Others no. I had the most vital capacity, stroke volume, low blood pressure, pulse, and excellent lipid profile. I was a well oiled machine. It didn't help. However, i was heathy organ wise. I had a less chance of developing high blood pressure, having a heart attack, or stroke then then i do know.

So what caused it then? Mostly likely from sweating, poor hygiene practices, shaving practices, and testosterone increase to name a few.

Everyone is different.

MemberMember
(@sustakp)

Posted : 10/29/2013 7:15 pm

Why do I not see vegetables in this post?

I for one feel that is the only way we can get all our micronutrients. You may have an excellent lipid profile, blood pressure and sugar levels. Kudos to you.

But without a variety of fruits and veggies we do not get all the micro nutrients our body needs to prevent inflammation which results in acne.

I have been a university basketball player so my fitness levels were right up there but so was my acne. I remember during every physical docs told me your stats (blood prressure sugar pulse rate)look so good just do what youu are doing, But I always wondered then why do I have acne. I switched to focussing my meals around vegetables and not vegetables just as a side and my skin cleared up significantly. I took some time to figure out my intolerances like citrus. I do get an ocassional bump once in a while and its just because I would have cheated on my diet (excess sugar, dairy or citrus without knowing). I would say everyone should try this.

For one i wasnt running for my acne, i was running, training for a marathon. There is one every spring a couple hundred miles from me its extremely popular too. I took breaks, weekends off to recover, low weight bearing excercise to all my body to recover. I had trained for 11 months. In that time i was able to go from a 20 minutes to over 2 hours of running. I ate right. Nuts, legumes, an occassional egg, fish, and chicken. I

My uncle has a master's in nutrition. He trains body builders, college football teams, and hockey as well the general public. He helped with my diet selection. He also helped with my routine because he himself was a body builder.

Extreme? To some yes. Others no. I had the most vital capacity, stroke volume, low blood pressure, pulse, and excellent lipid profile. I was a well oiled machine. It didn't help. However, i was heathy organ wise. I had a less chance of developing high blood pressure, having a heart attack, or stroke then then i do know.

So what caused it then? Mostly likely from sweating, poor hygiene practices, shaving practices, and testosterone increase to name a few.

Everyone is different.

MemberMember
(@k3tchup)

Posted : 10/29/2013 7:37 pm

Why do I not see vegetables in this post?

I for one feel that is the only way we can get all our micronutrients. You may have an excellent lipid profile, blood pressure and sugar levels. Kudos to you.

But without a variety of fruits and veggies we do not get all the micro nutrients our body needs to prevent inflammation which results in acne.

I have been a university basketball player so my fitness levels were right up there but so was my acne. I remember during every physical docs told me your stats (blood prressure sugar pulse rate)look so good just do what youu are doing, But I always wondered then why do I have acne. I switched to focussing my meals around vegetables and not vegetables just as a side and my skin cleared up significantly. I took some time to figure out my intolerances like citrus. I do get an ocassional bump once in a while and its just because I would have cheated on my diet (excess sugar, dairy or citrus without knowing). I would say everyone should try this.

Everyone is different.

That would be because I cannot tolerate high amounts of vegatables, specifically the ones that are high residue. I get extreme lower adominal cramps, and hard stools even with adequate water intake. I even had bleeding which prompted an emergent colonoscopy. I was told i have a not so functional lower bowel and was told to "ease off" the high residue foods like vegetables. Although i do eat brocolli, green beans, some peas, cut up carrots, potatoes weekly in moderation that suits me. Fruit, i ate as much fruit then as now favoring peaches, bananas, red grapes, different kinds of berries all again in moderation. I limit my intake to prevent GI distress. Although, even as a medical professional a not functioning bowel prompts more more fiber intake, for me it makes things worse.

This is my body. You are the only expert to your own body. Do what fits you.