Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey

How often does everyone wash their face while on Accutane. I am seeing a Dermatologist next week and will hopefully be starting Accutane. I currently shower twice a day and wash my face morning and night then moisturize after. I have heard previously that washing once a day is better while on Acutane, is this true?

Ta

Beama

Hey

How often does everyone wash their face while on Accutane.  I am seeing a Dermatologist next week and will hopefully be starting Accutane.  I currently shower twice a day and wash my face morning and night then moisturize after.  I have heard previously that washing once a day is better while on Acutane, is this true?

Ta

Beama

I have benn on acc. for a little over a month now and am washing my face very gently morning and night. Cetaphil soap is working great. Also try to limit your showers to a few minutes. I'm out in 5 usually. Derm reccomended this as well.

been on 'tane a month, and I think once a day is enough. I wash super gently with barely any cleanser. Even this leaves skin tight and a little dry. If your skin is more resilient than mine, 2x may be okay, but DONT overdo it. let the med. work its magic

Too much washing can irritate your face. Your skin will be going through a lot while on Accutane so there is really no reason to overdo it. For the first month, I washed once a day with Cetaphil since my skin was still oily and washing only made the cysts break open. I am now ending my second month and am washing once in the morning and once at night with Cetaphil. I am washing twice daily now since my skin is flaky in some areas and I need to get some sort of moisture in order to hopefully gently exfoliate the dry skin away with just my hands.

My skin still really hasn't completely dried out either so I don't use a moisturizer some days. I am using Klaron to speed up the drying-out process. When I do moisturize, I use Cleocin-T lotion.

I hope this helps.

So none of you noticed too much irritation from washing your face twice a day while on accutane? Do you moisturise after you wash your face both times?

I sit at a desk in an office typing all day so whatever grime builds as a result of that really doesn't require a lot of washing. I barely moisturize since my skin is so sensitive and moisturizing seems to irritate it. I just allow washing my face with Cetaphil and water twice a day to provide enough moisture for my skin.

So none of you noticed too much irritation from washing your face twice a day while on accutane?  Do you moisturise after you wash your face both times?