Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well right now i am off my perscriptions.....(benzaclin Bp and little minocyclin)

and have been for a while and my face seemed the same as it did...

i have since been on clean and clear SA wash with 2.5% i believe....

it worked extremely well for the first few weeks when i only had a breakout on the right side of my face.....and as that side was dying down.......i got a new breakout just recently...

it is basically the same zits on the right side, but fading slowly...a few little clusters on my chin....but right near the dimples on both my cheeks are some cysts (arent those the big ones under the skin?) which i havent had in sooooo long......

so im wondering what wash could keep this under control...because i get my perscription medication back tomorrow.....what would team up well with the BP and minocyclin that i have....cus i think im getting rid of the SA wash....its not working too well anymore

If you are going to BP and mino, you have a few options depending on how sensitive your skin is. You could keep the SA wash, because the BHAs do help exfoliate. You could go to a BP wash.I've got pretty tough facial skin, so I would go with a AHA or BHA scrub because the meds you are going on don't hasten exfoliation at all. Proactiv makes a product called Deep Cleaning Wash. It has SA and it has scrubbing grains. Even if you aren't on their systems, you can buy their products ala carte at Proactivsolution.com. If your skin needs a bit more gentle treatment, then stick with the SA wash, and add a scrub a few times a week when you can tolerate it.

well i do have tough skin i guess......BP does dry me out, but not all that bad.. i just cant wash with it and go do something because my skin gets kinda peely, but it doesnt hurt or irritate my skin at all......

i just went out and bought BP Pesa-Gel10 by C&C...its the same thing as the perscription i had before but over the counter pretty much....

and also bought the deep pore cleanser by C&C which seems like it works pretty well.......

and im still sticking witht eh SA cleanser as well just to follow up on the deep pore cleanser i just bought.......

but i just got my minocylcin upgraded to 100mg tablets becuase i went off the BP so we will see how all this works...

ill keep you guys posted on what products work well that i have.....

so far tho i do recommend the Deep pore cleanser....