Regimen- Salicylic ...

Notifications
Clear all

Regimen- Salicylic Acid?

MemberMember
(@yessssuh)

Posted : 10/16/2013 12:26 pm

Thinking of starting the regimen tonight, but with my own products rather than ordering them today and waiting. I saw a video of a girl that uses olay sensitive skin face wash (which is exactly what i have) and I have an all natural soothing moisturizer from lush. The only problem is I don't have a tube of BP 2.5%. I do however, have a big tube of clearasil Rapid Action Treatment Gel. Its Salicylic Acid 2%. Should I try using this and starting my own sort of regimen? I think the SA might work better on my skin also since I'm more sensitive.

1) Olay Sensitive Skin Face Wash

2) Clearasil SA Treatment Gel 2%

3) Lush Skin Drink Moisturizer

4) Overnight spot treatment

Sound like a decent regimen? I have mild acne (so everyone says....) but I pick sometimes (I know its bad but it happens). So right now I have like 3 or 4 scabs that are in the process of healing, which I need to be gentle with.

Let me know any thoughts on this regimen, and if you have had success with Salicylic Acid.

Also let me know if you have any idea a treatment like this would start to show any sort of results. (Hoping within 2 days I look somewhat clearer, going on vacation!)

Thank you

PS uploaded a picture of that gel.

post-213582-0-92847500-1381944333.jpg

post-213582-0-92847500-1381944333.jpg

MemberMember
(@dogmaster234)

Posted : 10/16/2013 12:45 pm

You can try it, but if your skin gets persistent acne like mine than salicylic acid stands no chance. Dan's BP is basically $40 for a two month supply if you consistently use the full amount. But, you will get maybe another month or so with it because you have to work your way up to the full amount over a one month span

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 10/16/2013 2:04 pm

We just haven't seen SA work as well as bp. The bp is the cornerstone of The Regimen, and without it you likely won't see the same results.

MemberMember
(@yessssuh)

Posted : 10/16/2013 2:35 pm

I'm going to try this regimen for now. My skin is very sensitive at the moment because of the scabs and I don't want to use anything really harsh. I'll see how it goes for a couple weeks.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 10/16/2013 3:24 pm

Let me be the dissenter on the BP bandwagon...it doesn't work for everyone - I would say use the salicylic acid - there are many studies which show it is equally effectivie http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23545907 this is just one study (not exactly straight up BP vs SA but you get the idea)...when you are in pubmed search salicylic acid and BP...you will find many studies that back it up (like the face wash, SA in one study proved to be superior to BP face wash)

there is one big thing BP will do that SA won't, and that is bleach every shirt/towel/sheet you own....SA is worth a try first to save all of your shirts, it works for me and BP doesn't

so you have it, use it, give it a try for a couple of months....if it doesn't work then hop on the BP train, one of them will work for you

but do not listen to those who say there are no studies....not true

good luck to you - real key is what works for me may not work for you, acne is a tricky foe! but try something regimented, and stick with it to give it a fair trial

MemberMember
(@yessssuh)

Posted : 10/16/2013 4:34 pm

Thank you! I've been stuck getting these nasty breakouts like every 3 weeks, really makes me depressed after a while, just need a good regimen, and some motivation.

MemberMember
(@peppermintfruittea150)

Posted : 10/20/2013 10:10 pm

I think you should try the SA. My skin is super sensitive to BP too. I also have mind acne. I get a lot of small little pimples around my jaw, don't get too many cystic acne. But SA and sulfur has helped me a lot. Try your own regimen and see if it works. Some peoples skin react better to SA. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@yessssuh)

Posted : 10/24/2013 12:53 pm

Thank you, if you want to read it, I've stopped the use of all acne products and have gone natural with lush products. Day 1 is actually today, I have mild acne but its the scab like pimples that get me. So if you want take a look. Thanks for the advice though! I think all natural may have better results than anything though. Right now I'm suffering with a few scabs from some bad pimples. aghhh. lol

MemberMember
(@newtoacne)

Posted : 10/27/2013 12:27 am

SA didn't work for me I think its what caused my acne to get to get really really bad because I used it for a few months on my mild acne and it just kept getting worse and worse to the point where it was OMG! BP worked for me tho took a while but it worked just the scars and hyper pigmentation sucks.