Does Bp Cure Acne F...

Notifications
Clear all

Does Bp Cure Acne Forever?

MemberMember
(@swelldiscus)

Posted : 10/14/2013 1:49 pm

Hi all!

I have been on the regimen for over a month now, my acne has stopped being aggresive, I still have red marks from where the spots, will this fade or will I need to treat these areas, and with what?

But my main question is, is acne cured forever from Benzoyl Peroxide? I dont want to keep using BP for years to maintain its effect.

By the way I have mild acne.

MemberMember
(@kelly617)

Posted : 10/14/2013 3:54 pm

There is no cure for acne. Nothing you apply or take is guaranteed to get rid of it forever. Some people grow out of it over time, others have it their entire lives. All we can do is use treatments like BP to keep it under control. Hopefully you will grow out of your acne and you won't have to treat it with BP or whatever else works for you forever, but you may not.

MemberMember
(@ksg1996)

Posted : 10/14/2013 8:18 pm

50/50 chance. Depends on the person and how their skin reacts to it. I'm sorry to ask but how old are you? By just knowing your age, it can determine if your acne is hormonal, from oil production, etc.

Cheers.

MemberMember
(@xdevochkax)

Posted : 10/14/2013 9:03 pm

I'm curious about this too. BP is the only non-Rx that works for me, but I've never tried it for a long enough period of time (because ProActiv is the devil) to see if I'll be okay without it.

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 10/15/2013 10:01 am

I'm sorry to ask but how old are you? By just knowing your age, it can determine if your acne is hormonal, from oil production, etc.

Are you some sort of genius?

MemberMember
(@swelldiscus)

Posted : 10/15/2013 12:07 pm

I'm curious about this too. BP is the only non-Rx that works for me, but I've never tried it for a long enough period of time (because ProActiv is the devil) to see if I'll be okay without it.

why is pro active the devil?

MemberMember
(@ksg1996)

Posted : 10/15/2013 4:12 pm

I'm sorry to ask but how old are you? By just knowing your age, it can determine if your acne is hormonal, from oil production, etc.

Did I ever claim to be one? What's with your attitude? Is it a side effect you got left with after the Accutane?

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 10/16/2013 10:55 am

Did I ever claim to be one? What's with your attitude? Is it a side effect you got left with after the Accutane?

No, i said that because it's not easy to do that.

MemberMember
(@xdevochkax)

Posted : 10/17/2013 1:54 am

why is pro active the devil?

There are a lot of flaws in the ProActiv 3 Step System. Most people can't handle it for a long period of time because it never stops stripping the skin. I have hyperpigmentation marks that look like burns near my mouth area from when I used it.

MemberMember
(@ashish-sharma)

Posted : 10/17/2013 9:36 am

Benzoyl Peroxide will just hide the symptoms of Acne that is in your case mild red spots. Benzoyl peroxide can never cure acne permanently, it just kills the bacteria responsible for acne which will come back again and multiply once you stop using BP. I would advice you to not to take Benzoyl Peroxide products, instead you should cure it naturally.

MemberMember
(@monicalovesben)

Posted : 11/07/2013 8:38 pm

My dad used tons of Bp before he grew out of it.

MemberMember
(@calumma)

Posted : 11/08/2013 1:02 pm

I have been using BP without a break for over 20 years. It never stopped working, but I had phases that needed more BP or less BP to keep my acne under control. Most of the time it was absolutely sufficient to use it only in the evening.

So I cannot give you hope that it helps you get rid of it. But at least I can tell you that my skin is -according to my derm - less damaged than average women's skin at my age. I was always avoiding too much sun on BP and all kinds of aggressive Irritants,most likely that is the reason, but for sure the BP did not cause any excessive aging or damage like some people fear.

MemberMember
(@ea1986)

Posted : 11/08/2013 9:24 pm

Benzoyl Peroxide will just hide the symptoms of Acne that is in your case mild red spots. Benzoyl peroxide can never cure acne permanently, it just kills the bacteria responsible for acne which will come back again and multiply once you stop using BP. I would advice you to not to take Benzoyl Peroxide products, instead you should cure it naturally.

How ?

MemberMember
(@xdevochkax)

Posted : 11/09/2013 5:18 am

How ?

There are many natural methods. A clean and healthy diet is a given, but there are options like cleansing with the oil cleansing method, cleansing balms, honey, black soap, witch hazel; moisturizing with natural carrier and essential oils; not washing at all, etc. I'm sure there are many more options, but I'm not an expert.

I do agree that curing it naturally would be ideal, but it doesn't always work for everyone. I tried several methods for months upon months last year with no results. It didn't exacerbate my acne, but it didn't really help it either.

I will say that I do like oil cleansing for a really deep pore unclogging cleanse, though. It's still my fave method for exfoliation.

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 11/09/2013 6:11 am

BP is the sort of thing that only works while you use it. There may be a few people whose skin stays clear after stopping BP (maybe they've been the lucky few to outgrow acne) but for majority of people, you do need to keep using it to stay clear / continue to see improvements. It's just the way BP works.

MemberMember
(@monicalovesben)

Posted : 11/09/2013 11:10 am

BP is the sort of thing that only works while you use it. There may be a few people whose skin stays clear after stopping BP (maybe they've been the lucky few to outgrow acne) but for majority of people, you do need to keep using it to stay clear / continue to see improvements. It's just the way BP works.

Why do you say few, when you mean majority?

Most people outgrow their acne, just because you haven't yet doesn't mean you that you won't in the near future.

MemberMember
(@calumma)

Posted : 11/09/2013 12:00 pm

Well, it seems rather unlikely to outgrow your acne, once you have passed a certain age. Especially as a female. I know many women with skin problems , and to be honest...the ones that still had acne in their twenties, also had it is their thirties and fourties if they did not treat it.

We had a real acne "boom" around, when all our female friends came off BC because they wanted to have babies. I bet the main reason many women seem to have clear skin that used to be acne-probe in their early twenties, is the use of birth control.

Nowadays there are more women with acne here, because they took diane 35 off market due to its dangers. I bet they will do the same for Yaz soon, so this causes a lot of problems for women with acne.

katya95 and Lilly75 liked
MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 11/09/2013 6:54 pm

Most people outgrow their acne, just because you haven't yet doesn't mean you that you won't in the near future.

Well I just personally haven't heard or come across many people who have outgrown their acne (unless the acne they had was super mild 'teenage' acne). It seems to me that people find a treatment - of whatever sort - that works for them and they continue using it to see results.

Not saying you can't outgrow acne, and I would love to outgrow mine - I just think it's unlikely...

MemberMember
(@trentah)

Posted : 11/09/2013 8:14 pm

Bp has stopped working for me, I was using it for about 2 years, off and on, now it doesnt work that much.

MemberMember
(@monicalovesben)

Posted : 11/10/2013 1:20 pm

I have been using BP without a break for over 20 years. It never stopped working, but I had phases that needed more BP or less BP to keep my acne under control. Most of the time it was absolutely sufficient to use it only in the evening.

So I cannot give you hope that it helps you get rid of it. But at least I can tell you that my skin is -according to my derm - less damaged than average women's skin at my age. I was always avoiding too much sun on BP and all kinds of aggressive Irritants,most likely that is the reason, but for sure the BP did not cause any excessive aging or damage like some people fear.

Well, it seems rather unlikely to outgrow your acne, once you have passed a certain age. Especially as a female. I know many women with skin problems , and to be honest...the ones that still had acne in their twenties, also had it is their thirties and fourties if they did not treat it.

We had a real acne "boom" around, when all our female friends came off BC because they wanted to have babies. I bet the main reason many women seem to have clear skin that used to be acne-probe in their early twenties, is the use of birth control.

Nowadays there are more women with acne here, because they took diane 35 off market due to its dangers. I bet they will do the same for Yaz soon, so this causes a lot of problems for women with acne.

Plenty of women outgrow their acne without the use of birth control. It's all in the genetics. I have seen many women outgrow it, so you really don't have the right to make it seem extremely unlikely. It's not. I will be outgrowing my acne soon, and I'm a female and it's already starting to clear up actually. Just like my fathers did. You don't need to make others feel hopeless just from what you've observed, and from what I observed I don't know one female suffering with adult acne.

:)

Well I just personally haven't heard or come across many people who have outgrown their acne (unless the acne they had was super mild 'teenage' acne). It seems to me that people find a treatment - of whatever sort - that works for them and they continue using it to see results.

Not saying you can't outgrow acne, and I would love to outgrow mine - I just think it's unlikely...

For most people it clears up. You just turned 20, that's young. There's still a lot of hope.

MemberMember
(@youknow1)

Posted : 11/10/2013 2:37 pm

Well I don't believe it is 100% genetic thing to grow out of acne. My mom and dad both had acne in their teens and outgrew it about when they were 20. I got acne when I was 13 and I still have acne and now I'm 30. My two brothers never had any acne. There's so many different reasons for acne, I think my biggest acne causing effect is my oily skin. I seem to be the only one in my family tree who has oily skin, lucky me.

And BP can't just stop working suddenly, maybe your skin is becoming more sensitive and you just get irritation acne, this happened to me years ago when I used that poison. If I applied BP once a day I would get more acne, after reducing it to every other day I was clear.

MemberMember
(@monicalovesben)

Posted : 11/10/2013 2:44 pm

Well I don't believe it is 100% genetic thing to grow out of acne. My mom and dad both had acne in their teens and outgrew it about when they were 20. I got acne when I was 13 and I still have acne and now I'm 30. My two brothers never had any acne. There's so many different reasons for acne, I think my biggest acne causing effect is my oily skin. I seem to be the only one in my family tree who has oily skin, lucky me.

And BP can't just stop working suddenly, maybe your skin is becoming more sensitive and you just get irritation acne, this happened to me years ago when I used that poison. If I applied BP once a day I would get more acne, after reducing it to every other day I was clear.

It is mainly all genetics.

MemberMember
(@youknow1)

Posted : 11/10/2013 2:47 pm

Yes, keep saying that, hope it becomes true. Like I said, my mom and dad outgrew acne young, I didn't and my two brothers never got any acne and they are adults now. So if u look the evidence, it's all over the place, genetics are purely random when it comes to acne, u can't predict it by looking your dad's past.

MemberMember
(@monicalovesben)

Posted : 11/10/2013 3:03 pm

Yes, keep saying that, hope it becomes true. Like I said, my mom and dad outgrew acne young, I didn't and my two brothers never got any acne and they are adults now. So if u look the evidence, it's all over the place, genetics are purely random when it comes to acne, u can't predict it by looking your dad's past.

Yes I can lmfao. My dad had way worse acne than me, my moms family never had acne. talking to several doctors, they all say that I will outgrow it. It's already starting to go away. Lol. Most people do in fact outgrow their acne, just because you haven't doesn't give you the right to make others feel down about it never going away. Genetics is your best guess on how your situation will turn out.

Like I said, moms side of the family has never had a break out, dads acne was grown out of by 23. Genetics have a funny way of working, but as I'm exiting puberty now it's going away. So please, don't rain on my parade or anyone else's dude :)

MemberMember
(@calumma)

Posted : 11/10/2013 3:05 pm

I was not talking about young women like the very early 20s. But the women that were passing their middle 20/ early 30s and still have acne, often did not get rid of it. My dad grew out of his acne in his 20s ( if he stays away from pork, his skin is clear). My acne became definately less severe at this age, but it never stopped completely due to the hormone cycles. It seems easier for males to outgrow acne completely, than for women. Although many get rid of their permanent and severe acne, they keep breaking out during ovulation or their period. With growing out of it, I mean having a completely clear skin, no matter what time of the month.