Notifications
Clear all

Supplement Dim To Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo

MemberMember
(@cs99)

Posted : 10/09/2013 10:08 am

So, I have just begun taking my fourth pack of otc lo and good news is is that it has helped my acne a LOT. I really like this pill and gives me no funny side effects.

However, I still get acne, especially for some reason, at the beginning of the pack. This is making me think I need to lower my testosterone levels a LITTLE more. I know I could change pill, but this pill has come the closest to helping. I am far too scared to start over and risk going back to how I was before.

So, I was thinking of adding some DIM to the picture. Has anyone tried BC pills and DIM? Has it helped? How much should I take?

MemberMember
(@sumisee)

Posted : 10/09/2013 10:32 am

try taking spironolactone (aldactone) with the bc pill if you don't want to switch pills. I heard many success stories with this combo. usually just 25-50mg is taken when the bc pill is mixed with it and that has cleared people up well. read the reviews from acne.org on spironolactone. I doubt DIM will clear you since I have not had success with the natural route but you could try it and see if it helps. I never tried DIM. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@cs99)

Posted : 10/09/2013 10:38 am

try taking spironolactone (aldactone) with the bc pill if you don't want to switch pills. I heard many success stories with this combo. usually just 25-50mg is taken when the bc pill is mixed with it and that has cleared people up well. read the reviews from acne.org on spironolactone. I doubt DIM will clear you since I have not had success with the natural route but you could try it and see if it helps. I never tried DIM. Good luck!

My doctor is a little bit stubborn about this and won't prescribe it. I was looking for safe ways to reduce my testosterone and not interfere with my birth control. Sadly, this seems to be a little difficult!

MemberMember
(@sumisee)

Posted : 10/09/2013 9:21 pm

well then maybe you can try a natural supplement called estrosense. my cousin takes that in conjunction with her bc pill for her acne since the bc pill alone wasn't keeping her skin 100% clear and now she is clear 100%. try that.