Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr Wiggles

All the Fuss--I end it now

I would be very leery of using the amount of BP that Dan is suggesting you guys to use.

BP causes a ten fold increase in the skin aging process, and causes areas where applied to become extremely sensitive to the sun.

Also keep in mind that BP isnt just staying on the surface of your skin, but it is being absorbed systematically. Thats right ladies and gentlemen, how do you like the idea of BP being circulated through your body??

I am astonished that no one has commented on here before, or made a comment about Dan's harmful advice. Is this Dan character an MD, Dermatoligist, does he have a Phd in physiology?? I mean would you take medical advice from someone without these credentials?

Furthermore, I purchased 2 bottles not to long back. I am sending them to my uncles lab in Florida to have a CoA/Lab Assay to make sure the contents in "BP gel" are what Danny boy claims they are.

I would like Dan to post a CoA/Lab assay of his product, also the purity of his benzoyl peroxide so we can compare the results by weeks end.

I don't believe he is trying to pose as an MD, or dermatologist, or anything of that sort...he is merely sharing an experience that worked for him.

I just responded to this post on the bp gel board, and I will also respond here.

I welcome you to please send the bp to any independent lab. It is checked and double checked before it is sold, and it passed stringent FDA approved stability testing long before it was ever on the market. I spent thousands of dollars and waited months for the stability test results, but I will not sell anything that is not top notch. Because I take pride in the product, I went with the best manufacturer on the market for bp, even though they cost almost twice as much as their closest competitor.

BP does not cause a 10 fold increase in skin aging. Can you please quote a study on bp and aging? I have been using bp for 15 years, and in generous amounts for the past 8 or so, and my skin looks completely normal, not to mention clear.

As far as absorbtion goes, bp turns into benzoic acid upon absorbtion into the skin. This is a harmless chemical and is "eminently safe", according to "Acne & Rosacea, Third Edition", the most comprehensive and complete text on acne at medical libraries.

Next, I recommend generous amounts of bp, but I urge everyone to use 2.5%, not 10%. 2.5% is gentle enough that you can use as much as you need to get clear.

Lastly, I am not a doctor, nor do I wish to become one, and I state this clearly on the http://www.acne.org/aboutme.html page.

If you have other concerns please post them.

-Dan

so ... it seems like your not a very trusting person, eh wiggles? We can all assure you that Dan knows what he is talking about, regardless of medical degrees. All information posted on the site is unbiased and there for informational purposes. And as you can see above, he takes pride in his work and products. (Plus you gotta give dan some credit for not being offended after you came on his site and blatantly accused him without any information or proof whatsoever).

Maybe if you tone down your guard a bit, you can fit in here nicely. it sure is the most informative and supportive place around for improving your skin clarity. you should stick around.

This exact debate is happening on the bp gel board, so I will lock this thread and people can view it there.