Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TimK

Second Course Of Accutane: Does It Worth It?

Hello Community,

I want your opinion if in my case it's worth going to a second course of Accutane.

So, I have acne since 12 years old. I have been using many ointments for my face. I also had chest and back acne.

But they didn't do anything to help me, so at the age of 15 I did a laser therapy for 2 months. I can't say it helped me very much, but at least it removed some of the redness in my face.

Then at the age of 16, my dermatologist suggested to start Accutane.

I was 60kg weight when I begun. He gave me a dose of 40mg/ day for 6 months (finished off end of June that year)

I was completely clear for all the summer but after 5 months, around December of that year, I started breaking out gradually some small pimples.

Since then, I am breaking out much, but not the way I was breaking out before starting Accutane.

It's been 1 and a half year from then, and now I am using topical ointments for my face, but they don't seem to work at all.

So I am asking, do you believe if I start Accutane again, now with a dose of 60mg/ day for 6 months will my acne go completely away or at least stop breaking out the way I am now?

Is it possible a second course have better and more permanent results than the first, considering that I was 16 then and I was taking a very little dosage?

Thanks in advance