Notifications
Clear all

Accutane Log 16 Y/o Male

MemberMember
(@mylifelol)

Posted : 09/22/2013 6:36 pm

SKIP TO THE BOTTOM IF YOU DONT WANT THE STORY AND JUST WANT TO START THE LOG

Hello, my name is Jon and I'm a 16 year old teenager that is on Accutane (claravis) 60mg daily. I am going to use this forum to provide updates of the good and bad effects of the drug. I will list some important information about myself so anyone can see if they relate

- Have moderate acne only on cheeks (some white heads, more cysts)

- Senior in high school

- Run intense long distance workouts 5 days a week

- Currently on the Paleo diet (will explain below)

- Have used 3 different prescription regimens. My last regimen was Minocycline 100mg daily and Tretinoin

I took the minocycline antibiotic once a day for 3 months, then was increased to twice a day for another five weeks. During that period I also applied Tretinoin once at night each night. I had an initial breakout on Tretinoin that lasted for 2-3 weeks at its worst. The tretinoin and antibiotic combo only could do so much for my stubborn acne. I knew I was going to be prescribed accutane soon and I was afraid of the initial break out. In preparation, I started the Paleo diet (Caveman diet) in order to calm my acne down before I started the treatment. I am also taking one 400 IU Vitamin E pill to help keep my skin healthy. About a week and a half ago I got prescribed Accutane and am almost a week into it. I will post logs about once a week, maybe more depending on how many replies I get. I will answer all questions! Ok here we go

ACCUTANE DAY 6

PALEO DIET DAY 17

Well, there are barely any side effects so far of the medicine. Going on the paleo diet before has already significantly improved my acne. Right now I am the most clear I've been in a long time and I owe it to the diet. I am not experiencing an initial break out, however I did get a pretty big cyst on my chin where I usually dont get acne. I dont know if its from the medicine or not but its not a big deal because its already leaving and I am not getting any more active pimples. As for the dryness, my lips have not been chapped at all and my face is not dry at all either. I owe that to the lotion and chap stick preparation. a few days before I started accutane, I started applying "Aveeno active naturals skin relief 24hr moisturizing lotion" twice a day, as well as "Aquaphor Lip Repair" multiple times daily. I also am stocked up on Dr. Dans lip balm because I heard when your lips get chapped it is a miracle product. Preparing for all these side effects proved to be very useful. Also please ask if you have questions!

MemberMember
(@biggs881)

Posted : 09/22/2013 7:42 pm

Topic moved to Accutane logs forum

MemberMember
(@mylifelol)

Posted : 10/07/2013 8:34 pm

PALEO DIET DAY 32

ACCUTANE DAY 21

No initial break out at all, I owe it to the diet. No side effects other than my nostrils are dry. I continue to exercise and lotion my body every day. I only wash my face 1-3 times a day, once with water and once or twice with cetaphil face cleaner. Ill update later on again

MemberMember
(@mylifelol)

Posted : 10/14/2013 5:48 pm

PALEO DIET DAY 39

ACCUTANE DAY 28

Not much to update, a few pimples that seem like cysts but end up being white heads. Old scars healing, no crazy breakouts or anything. I think the cause of the few pimples relates to losing some of my good habits like washing my face immediately after working out. I think whenever I see improvement I let myself use that as an excuse to not try as hard. However I've stayed strong on my paleo diet, hadn't had gluten dairy or grains since I started. Still very happy I made the decision to do the diet prior to the treatment.