Notifications
Clear all

Celebrities And Models With Acne - Pics

MemberMember
(@alexisc)

Posted : 09/12/2013 2:07 am

For so long I tried to be perfect. To obtain perfect skin with not a single flaw. Let me tell you something: it doesn't exist.

Photoshop has us thinking that because we have acne we are not normal. In my findings I think it is more abnormal to have nice skin. Obviously none of these pictures show severe acne, but it is acne nonetheless. They all have makeup on which makes it look better than it is too. All of the models pictures are from fashion week in the past few days.

My advice: The less I focus on my skin the more it clears. When I try to fight it more acne comes. Accept yourself as beautiful and love yourself for who you are. Acne and all. Don't let society tell you that you can't be happy. Focus on making yourself feel good and enjoy living your life. The law of attraction works - imagine the feeling you would have with perfect skin. Now go outside and feel that feeling and pretend you have it. Then it will come to you. smile.png And when you feel down, know that you are nowhere near alone because so many others have felt and are feeling the same. But you choose how you respond to life and going with the flow is almost always the best option. Hope these pics help someone.

zac-posen-beauty-spring-summer-2014-nyfw

tumblr_msb2uhnEvU1qzy531o1_500_zps887551

tumblr_msazvckKXx1qzy531o1_500_zps493dda

tumblr_ms5fx7gctV1qzy531o1_500_zpsa68ed7tumblr_mo1dlzigaY1qzy531o1_500_zpscab73ctumblr_mlo9vnf4a81qzy531o1_500_zps2d4a07tommy-hilfiger-beauty-spring-summer-2014peter-som-beauty-spring-summer-2014-nyfwmarcmarc-jacobs-beauty-spring-summer-201

MemberMember
(@intrepidjules)

Posted : 09/12/2013 4:14 am

Thank you for posting these :D As someone who works as a graphic/web designer, I occasionally have to edit photos in PhotoShop for clients (usually product photos) - so I know that there are numerous tools within the program available to make skin look flawless.

MemberMember
(@moonlitriver)

Posted : 09/12/2013 8:02 am

Thanks for sharing alexisc! This is a really fabulous post and you have such a great attitude to living life with acne! I really hope I can feel that way one day too. :)

ash22 liked
MemberMember
(@usernayme)

Posted : 09/12/2013 3:16 pm

Photoshop has us thinking that because we have acne we are not normal. In my findings I think it is more abnormal to have nice skin.

Having acne past the age of 19-20 is abnormal. It depends on how much obviously, but if you're young and you've never had an acne problem, then skin that appears very healthy in real life interactions should follow. Even if you have had acne in the past but it is now gone without scars, the same applies. Acne is relatively common, but obvious acne is abnormal past a certain age. Take a super high resolution photo of anyone and I'm sure you could find irregularities in skin, but that is obviously completely normal, much like the unique patterns of lines on our hands are normal.

Comparing your skin to people on magazine covers is plain stupid. Its been made painfully obvious now that they photoshop people on magazines, not to mention the professional makeup and professional lighting to add to the perfect appearing skin. Real life is what matters, not how photogenic someone is, or how artistic they pose.

MemberMember
(@spartan32)

Posted : 09/12/2013 11:29 pm

Brad Pitt Scarring in Se7en.

wuf5oz.png

rc7p78.png

MemberMember
(@alexisc)

Posted : 09/13/2013 2:39 am

Photoshop has us thinking that because we have acne we are not normal. In my findings I think it is more abnormal to have nice skin.

Having acne past the age of 19-20 is abnormal. It depends on how much obviously, but if you're young and you've never had an acne problem, then skin that appears very healthy in real life interactions should follow. Even if you have had acne in the past but it is now gone without scars, the same applies. Acne is relatively common, but obvious acne is abnormal past a certain age. Take a super high resolution photo of anyone and I'm sure you could find irregularities in skin, but that is obviously completely normal, much like the unique patterns of lines on our hands are normal.

Comparing your skin to people on magazine covers is plain stupid. Its been made painfully obvious now that they photoshop people on magazines, not to mention the professional makeup and professional lighting to add to the perfect appearing skin. Real life is what matters, not how photogenic someone is, or how artistic they pose.

I'm 25 so I understand the having acne into your adult years - but most of the people I see have acne as well. I agree that it is stupid to compare yourself to magazines but it is a really common thing to do, especially for women. Real life is what matters though and I wish there was less a focus on vanity and more on just enjoying life. That is what really counts and I don't think anyone should let acne rob them of that. It isn't worth it.

MemberMember
(@intrepidjules)

Posted : 09/13/2013 3:27 am

alexisc, I love that quote in your signature - makes me think of the Japanese approach to geometrical art! cool.png

MemberMember
(@adayinthelife)

Posted : 09/15/2013 12:37 am

these are all very mild though.

MemberMember
(@acl94536)

Posted : 09/16/2013 10:59 pm

I admit that it is reassuring to know that even models or celebrities can relate to having acne. At the same time though, it doesn't help because all the people around me DO have flawless skin And that's without the aid of photoshop! Like, it's nice to know that a model gets it sometimes, but there are some crazy people out there who have never had a zit in their life. They are the most beautiful girls and guys in the world, even if they aren't models.

MemberMember
(@oilydave94)

Posted : 09/17/2013 1:16 am

Chris Pine, who I'm sure even the men here can admit is a really good looking guy, had some bad acne scars in Star Trek. I'm pretty sure he got a lot of treatment on them, 'cuz they're barely noticeable in the new Star Trek movie. But then again, it might have been the lighting that did him a favor in the new movie.

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 09/25/2013 4:52 am

Everybody gets breakouts occasionally. It's sad this isn't seen as normal when it's pretty common.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 09/26/2013 12:58 pm

Acne is not "abnormal" in the adult years. It's a very common condition. You just don't see it because people with bad acne tend to hide.

Krissy990 liked