Notifications
Clear all

Feeling Of Not Being Normal

MemberMember
(@jjn)

Posted : 09/11/2013 10:31 pm

I'm fortunate that my acne is finally gone. My face has been clear for the past few months. Even though the acne is gone, I still can't get rid of this feeling that my face isn't normal and that there is something wrong with it. I'm actually very happy that the acne is gone but its like subconsciously I think it is still there. It's kinda hard to explain the feeling.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 09/12/2013 12:28 am

I know the feeling. I've cleared my acne as well but sometimes I feel like it is still there and most of the time I still can't look people in the eye. I am a shy person, and I think the acne just made it worse on my self esteem. I'm not sure why this is, but I think its a slow process to feel totally comfortable in your skin. With or without the acne.

MemberMember
(@hedgecore)

Posted : 09/12/2013 1:47 am

yeah, I stayed wIth some famIly and found out one of them had hepatItIs!! I was soo grossed out I felt lIke a nasty pIece of trash , It messed me up In my head , I ended up makIng a bIg deal out of It and gettIng checked!! I turned out to be just fIne , but I was stIll never able to feel the same agIan, then the acne came! and gave me a real reason to feel lIke shIt

MemberMember
(@sum1killme)

Posted : 09/12/2013 6:46 pm

I've just reached the stage of clearness and I find really hard to talk to people, especially females who will start talking to me I don't know how to maintain conversation anymore due to past experiences and all the shit I had to go through with severe acne. I don't feel like everybody else, I still feel like a monster.

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 09/12/2013 7:22 pm

I've just reached the stage of clearness and I find really hard to talk to people, especially females who will start talking to me I don't know how to maintain conversation anymore due to past experiences and all the shit I had to go through with severe acne. I don't feel like everybody else, I still feel like a monster.

Yeah im on the same boat here as you guys, expect im not clear yet congrats man! take advantage of it, if not for yourself then for those of us who cant because of it

MemberMember
(@alexisc)

Posted : 09/13/2013 2:51 am

I think this comes down to loving yourself - with acne or without. You are not a monster because you have acne.. it makes me so sad to hear that. It is not your fault that you have it and it doesn't make you any less of a person. You gotta be okay with who you are know that that is what matters most.

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 09/13/2013 5:34 am

I think this comes down to loving yourself - with acne or without. You are not a monster because you have acne.. it makes me so sad to hear that. It is not your fault that you have it and it doesn't make you any less of a person. You gotta be okay with who you are know that that is what matters most.

Yeah so, im ok with what i am. But the bad part is strangers arent not that i should expect them to be, but its the amount of people that arent ok with me that brings me down & angers me.... people with acne should stay away from the city imo nothing but shallow people here its sick.

MemberMember
(@alexisc)

Posted : 09/14/2013 3:04 am

Yeah so, im ok with what i am. But the bad part is strangers arent not that i should expect them to be, but its the amount of people that arent ok with me that brings me down & angers me.... people with acne should stay away from the city imo nothing but shallow people here its sick.

Any of the people who judge you are just doing so because they have issues with who they are - don't let it bother you, you wouldn't want those people in your life anyway. People are going to judge you no matter what - if not for acne for something else. It really doesn't matter what they think at all, what matters is what you think of yourself.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 09/14/2013 4:49 pm

I know exactly how you feel. Every time my face clears up after months of acne, I'm still paranoid that my face doesn't look normal. The emotional scars are more permanent than actual scars. You should just be confident and remember that people don't scrutinize your face as much as you do.

MemberMember
(@adayinthelife)

Posted : 09/15/2013 12:36 am

it has some long effects in that regard, it's because of the way your mind operates changed when you were struggling with Acne. If your really completely satisfied with your skin, just look in a mirror during the day and this will remind you that don't have Acne and you don't look the way you think you do.

MemberMember
(@hedgecore)

Posted : 10/05/2013 3:17 pm

i dont really take anybody too seriously anymore , but people dont like that very much , i stare right through people, i dont pay attention to anything in public anymore ,i just look around ...i already know people will judge me for that way i look , i dont waste my time to find out thats how people think , its like looking at somebody a missing eye or some shit !.............nowadays i feel a little more like doing what i want to do!, except not having people around, which is how its always been , im not gonna get any fucking prettier, but wtf does that mean i the "hunter/gatherer" sense of the word! .......im ranting, im sorry (420) ... i feel like watching fightclub now peace!

MemberMember
(@guitarist94)

Posted : 10/15/2013 11:09 pm

i had pretty bad acne a few years ago and used the regimen to clear it up. Once i finally got clear skin and the dryness subsided, i remember having to force myself how to look people in the eye when talking to them and to not always look at the floor. it was pretty uncomfortable at first because i definitely wasn't used to it and i still felt like i had acne physiologically.

Unfortunately my acne is back and so im staring at the floor again lol