Notifications
Clear all

Self Conscious Everyday!

MemberMember
(@wizmixtunes)

Posted : 09/10/2013 12:48 pm

I'm Male 29 years old, asian. I been on doxycycline Mono 100mg 2x/day for about 8 weeks now. I been having bad break outs. I been reading that usually the antibotics is in affect and better results will come after 3 months. I'm willing to keep going with these antibotics. Of course, I been very self conscious about my face now days. I'm a supervisor at work, I'm going into work with a hat on, barely look into peopes eyes when i speak with them. I sometimes isolate myself from others, but still get my job done. I'm a very sociable person. Ever since these bad break outs been going on and on, I've notice myself not being who I really am. I love being around people and I hate it when I stop myself going out being around those that i enjoy being around due to my breakouts. Any suggestions or helpful ways to get myself out of this funk. I know I'm not alone in this, but please reply back if possible anyone. I never thought i find myself in a forum, but just want to reach out to those that are in the same position as I am. Thank You.

post-217853-0-96145600-1378836642.jpg

post-217853-0-96145600-1378836642.jpg

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 09/10/2013 1:00 pm

I can completely relate. There are a couple things I try to do while Im out in public. 1. accept myself and not care about what other think. (easier said then done obviously). 2. Know that you are taking the steps needed to fix your problem and that youll eventually be clear. 3. The worse you feel about yourself the more others will notice you and itll draw more attention to your problem. If you act confident most people wont notice or care but if you become depressed antisocial etc itll only make things 10x worse.

You remember itll pass and make the best out of the worst.

Also you may want to try a topical such as benzoyl peroxide to speed up and maintain the results.

Also your skin really isnt bad at all. Dont stress too much over it!

MemberMember
(@twosteps)

Posted : 09/12/2013 11:59 pm

I signed up today too so I could reach out to people with similar experiences.

Personally I have found that benzoyl peroxide is better as a preventative treatment and salicylic acid is better at reduction. If I put benzoyl on a decent sized pimple I regret it the next day but salicylic seems to help (search "pimple pen" on amazon.com).

You can also take a few aspirin before work to reduce inflammation but I wouldn't do that long term. You can try icing at night (doing that as I type this) and I would pick up some liquid Vitamin D since you can't spend lots of time in the sun. "Source Naturals Vitamin D-3" I get it from whole foods $20-25 and a bottle lasts about 500 days.

You should talk to your derm about probiotics to counter the intestinal bacteria kill off. Best of luck man doxy was my savior for a couple of years!