Almost In My 2Nd Mo...

Notifications
Clear all

Almost In My 2Nd Month. Redness Getting Worse.

MemberMember
(@lyanna)

Posted : 09/09/2013 5:27 pm

I am almost in my 2nd month of the regimen. Around week 5 the redness on my face started to fade, but only for a few days. Lately it has just gotten worse. My entire face is very red now. It doesn't sting or itch, it's just very red. Are there any products I can use to help reduce the redness? I have dry, sensitive skin, but I've always been very gentle when doing the regimen and I only use a thin finger's length of BP. I mix 7 drops of jojoba oil with the moisturizer. I know a lot of you will probably tell me to be patient and wait, but I can't. I'm soon starting at university and I don't want to show up with a really red face with really pale skin around my eyes and the rest of the body sad.png

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 09/09/2013 6:32 pm

Have you ever tried switching up your moisturizer? Are you using the acne.org one?

MemberMember
(@lyanna)

Posted : 09/09/2013 7:10 pm

Yes. I've tried Acne.org's moisturizer, Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream (takes care of the dryness, but can only be used as a night cream), Olay Moisture Lotion SPF 15 for sensitive skin (didn't moisturize my skin at all and did not absorb well), CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion (Made my skin even more red). These moisturizers haven't helped with my redness at all.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 09/09/2013 7:18 pm

Maybe you aren't using enough? Or how about adding in some jojoba oil?

To be perfectly honest with you, when I started the regimen and got clear, the dryness and redness didn't completely go away until almost the 4th month. I'm pretty pale so it was pretty obvious.

I know you don't want to hear it, but you really do have to give it time. Think about it this way, you can cover up the redness better than you can acne. And as much as the redness annoyed me like it does you...I'd rather have that than the acne I used to have.