Notifications
Clear all

Allergic To Bp?

MemberMember
(@dogmaster234)

Posted : 08/27/2013 6:48 am

Hello all,

About a year ago, I was put on an acne prescription that involved the use of clindamycin and BP together. After initially buying 10% max, since it was all CVS provided, I found that it thoroughly rid of my most of my acne in a few days. However, it stung so badly that I would actually had to fidget around to deal with the pain as it wore off. Well after a three days my skin completely crusted over, I mean when I smiled my cheeks cracked. My skin completely seared together and it took weeks for my face to recover. I gave it up and just now found the regimen online. I've been using 3% micro-Bp for the last week and a half (I have Dan's BP coming in this week) and worked my way up to applying 2x a day. There is a slight stinging after applying moisturizer, which now subsides. Should I continue usage?

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 08/27/2013 7:07 am

let your skin be your guide, everyone is different.....clearly the 10% BP was way too strong, so it wasn't necessarily an allergic reaction it was just too strong...a lower % like the 3% you are using is much gentler, so keep it up for a few more days and see how your skin reacts

stop if there is any lingering redness, you don't want a repeat of the last episode....but you may find the 3%, or Dan's 2.5% makes all the difference

good luck!

MemberMember
(@dogmaster234)

Posted : 08/27/2013 7:49 am

Thank you for the reply,

I coincidentally started the regimen on the same week that I vacationed at a lakehouse, meaning basically constant sun exposure. I bought neutrogena oil-free moisture with SPF 35 and that did a fairly nice job at protecting me. I did notice a slight redness but it went away in a day or two and now my entire body is the same level of tan. Now I start college, so I won't be outside for very long in the coming months

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 08/27/2013 5:58 pm

Good luck to you in college, and hopefully the new skin care routine works for you.

While there keep up with it, even though the hours may be late/early, change those pillow cases every few days, and lots of water - but have fun!