Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lando777

Accutane

Hey everyone.

I'm a male and 15 and currently taking Claravis. (Accutane)

I just have a few questions as to about the drug and my experience so far.

I am currently on Week 3, I just started..

Within the first day of taking the pill I experienced dry lips. After about a week I experienced another side affect of having a dry face.

But I have had I don't know if its the initial breakout or what, but I've had a breakout bad! I had about 20 pimples on my face and It's going away now but it was in places I had never broken out before on. It's going away so fast now. My face is clearing up extremely fast it seems. And I've noticed my lips aren't as bad because I have Chapstick I put on them. My face isn't as dry either now. I'm currently taking 40mg a day and I was wondering is this experience normal? And what about when will I see major results?

Very normal that is just a initial breakout. Im actually on I think day 25 and had a pretty bad breakout too which is clearing up now.

Hey everyone.

I'm a male and 15 and currently taking Claravis. (Accutane)

I just have a few questions as to about the drug and my experience so far.

I am currently on Week 3, I just started..

Within the first day of taking the pill I experienced dry lips. After about a week I experienced another side affect of having a dry face.

But I have had I don't know if its the initial breakout or what, but I've had a breakout bad! I had about 20 pimples on my face and It's going away now but it was in places I had never broken out before on. It's going away so fast now. My face is clearing up extremely fast it seems. And I've noticed my lips aren't as bad because I have Chapstick I put on them. My face isn't as dry either now. I'm currently taking 40mg a day and I was wondering is this experience normal? And what about when will I see major results?

Yes that's all 100% normal.

You should see significant improvement by 4-5 months:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/295747-roaccutane-results/?p=3083617

Oh ok. Thanks. How many mg are you taking?

40mg a day too

Does anyone know if nosebleeds are normal? I experienced my first one today at school and I was just making sure It was a common side affect..

Nose bleeds are not rare but are a bit more serious. Here is a thread with some possible remedies for nosebleeds:

Good luck

Edited by biggs881

Swab your nose with petroleum jelly or some other moisturizer to combat the nosebleeds. I had them too during my course!

I went on Accutane twice. the last time was around 1.5 years ago. I was on 60 mg for 5 months for both times. I did get joint pain, fatigue and dry lips. I also only cleared up the last month and didn't get an IB either. those were the only side effects I experienced. I loved Accutane. when I finished the courses, you couldn't even tell I ever had acne. my face was so poreless and beautiful. people didn't believe me when I said that I had bad skin. I struggled with moderate acne that thank god hasn't caused ice pick scars or any kind of dents in my skin. they just leave marks that fade completely with time. I also never pick my skin so maybe that's why I had no scarring. I hope you clear amazingly like I did. I wish u the best throughout these months. use aquafor (sp. ?) for your lips and dry patches and drink TONS OF WATER. that accutane is strong stuff. I was on a high dose for my weight (110 lbs, 5'4,' 60 mg) so I def didn't feel my best those months! Put aquafor in your nose to moisturize the skin to prevent more bleeding. Good luck; you will get through this!!!