The Regimen Only At...

Notifications
Clear all

The Regimen Only At Night?

MemberMember
(@itommy)

Posted : 08/20/2013 12:30 pm

Hello I am a user of the Regimen. I started two weeks ago using the regimen twice a day. Everything did work fine I had a bit flakiness, dryness, redness and so on which was just fine until five days ago. My skin was red everywhere and it burned/itched a lot and the flakiness was higher than usual. I thought that it would go away soon but my skin kept getting worse. I started to break out again on my forehead so I decided to use the regimen only at night(BP).I use the cleanser and moisturizer in the morning and at night. It has been 2 days since I started to use it only at night and my skin has improved since.

I wonder if once a day would be enough to get clear skin. Need advice smile.png

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 08/20/2013 5:43 pm

I believe with Dan's regimen you're supposed to start off using BP only once a day, just a pea sized amount and slowly ramp it up. How much BP are you using? It sounds to me that you might be using too much and your skin is having trouble adjusting to it. I'd say take it slowly with the BP and consider adding jojoba oil to your moisturiser to help with the flakiness.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 08/20/2013 8:23 pm

The best thing for you to do is do the regimen twice a day. When you are clear and your skin has settled on the twice a day routine, you can try to slowly reduce the application to once a day. Do this gradually so as not to shock your skin. A lot of regimen users have successfully done it this way. I am also going to be doing this in a few weeks.

MemberMember
(@realme2008)

Posted : 08/20/2013 9:07 pm

I agree with nic. You should be using it twice a day until your skin is fully cleared. Once you are clear you can try slowly moving it to just once a day, and see how your skin reacts to this.

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 08/21/2013 1:25 pm

You said that you started out using the bp twice daily. This is not how we recommend starting. We always suggest easing into it by using a very small amount of the bp once per day for the first week. On week two you will want to use the same tiny amount of bp but use it twice daily. Take about four weeks to work your way up to the full suggested amount twice daily.

I think you just jumped in with too much too soon and your skin has gotten overly irritated. If you need to for now, you can decrease the bp back to once per day for a few days or a week until your skin settles down a bit. Be sure you are moisturizing well and use some extra drops of jojoba oil. Jojoba oil can be very soothing to irritated skin, in my experience.

You will want to eventually work up to the full suggested amount twice per day by week 4 or 5 to see best results. Once you are clear and have been clear for awhile, you can try to reduce it back down to once daily and see if you can stay clear. Some people can, while others must continue with the bp twice daily to keep their acne fully under control.

Hope that helps!

MemberMember
(@itommy)

Posted : 08/21/2013 3:58 pm

Thanks to everyone for your replies! Yes I started off on the wrong foot(using bp twice a day) which I thought was the right amount to use. I am going back to twice a day in a week or so since I already do it once a day. I will definitely try Jojoba oil when I am ordering the next package from here.