Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
skamen

Clindamycin Phosphate And Benzoyl Peroxide Gel Effective After Being Left In Hot Car?

I forgot my prescription Clindamycin Phosphate and Benzoyl Peroxide Gel (generic for Benzaclin) in a hot car in New Mexico for about 8 hours today. The packaging says not to freeze or to store the medication in temperatures about 77 degrees Fahrenheit. Does anyone know if leaving the gel in a hot car (probably near 100 degrees) for that period of time will inhibit or decrease the effectiveness of the medication? I tried rubbing it on a towel to see if it would still bleach the fabric like it normally does and it did certainly bleach the color of the towel. I hope that it's still effective on my skin. If the gel turns out to be ineffective I'm not sure what I'm going to do since my insurance won't pay for another refill for 30 more days and the retail cost of the prescription seems to be pretty crazy.

Has anyone had experience leaving Clindamycin Phosphate and Benzoyl Peroxide Gel or another topical acne medication in much hotter than recommended temperatures for some period of time?

Edited by skamen