Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kathryn

LEG ACNE!!! aaaaaaaah

hi i was just wonderin does anyone else have this? i get small tiny white heads on the tops and down the sides of my thighs and knees and i tend to get larger more inflamed deeper spots on y calves and shins. at first I thought it was caused by my shin pads (i play a lot of hockey) but its not as its everywhere. pleas ehelp with any suggestions!

hi i was just wonderin does anyone else have this? i get small tiny white heads on the tops and down the sides of my thighs and knees and i tend to get larger more inflamed deeper spots on y calves and shins. at first I thought it was caused by my shin pads (i play a lot of hockey) but its not as its everywhere. pleas ehelp with any suggestions!

Guest Guest

yeah but this is gona sound gross cause im a girl but cause its winter i figured i could get away with it - I didnt shave my legs for 3 weeks and the spots didnt go away and new ones still formed so I don't think it is that

I don't get exactly what you do, but I have gotten breakouts on the back of my upper thighs. I have tried MaMa lotion from skincarerx.com on this area, and it worked quite well. MaMa stands for 10% mandelic acid/10% malic acid. I only use it a few times a week, but it has really helped.Most of my skin is oily except my legs which are quite dry, so the regime on my oily face and back was too irrritating and made me itch especially in the good winter in the great white north.The lotion is a bit tacky, so you need to allow time for it to dry before dressing. An added bonus is the skin is really soft too.Good luck with your skin and the hockey too.

Hey I get leg acne too. Try this... Head and Shoulders Shampoo. Wash the area you get the acne with the shampoo. Let it sit there for a little while. Doesn't need to be long. But make sure you do it BEFORE you shave. Because it stings after you do.

This is not a proud moment for me, I think it's my first time joining a message board and actually posting a blog and I am suppose to be a proud member of acne.org. No offense to anyone, that might take offense. But I have the exact thing you are talking about with the upper thigh leg acne. I have had it all of my adult life and actually also played hockey in highschool ten years ago when it started. I had kind of thought it was going to be something I'd have grown out of like my facail acne which went away at about 20 but the leg acne isn't a real type of acne (I still have it and have really dry skin and never has any acne creams, washes or pills ever worked on it) In highschool I did see a really good dermotologist (sorry can't spell) that has cured skin cancer for a relative and teaches at an Ivy league school. Anyway his medical diagnosis was "we call it chicken skin and there isn't anything that can be done about it)

It really sucks in high school when your getting ready for a game in the locker room and you have zit like things on your legs and someone says "Dude, you should get some Oxy pads for your legs" and there really isn't anything to say back. I googled this problem to see if there had been any scientific breakthroughs for those that suffer of chicken skin, but aparently not.

Anyway the lower leg stuff goes away after time, but the upper thigh problem has always been there for me it has good days and bad days (I hope yours clears) but my only salvation for you is that men don't wear any clothes that leave that part of skin visible. It really is a pretty small thing to deal with. I am curious if it has to do with blood flow and how dense/muscular ones legs are. Also I think that the fairer one's skin is, makes it more sensitive and blemishes more noteasble. It could also be a way for your body to get rid of toxins.

The only other time I say it was actually at hockey camp in Sweden and really thing that the whiter (hope that is politically correct) someone is the more likely and worse it can be.

Alright I'm rambling gotta go find a better solution to insomnia. But good luck

It may just be coincidence but I too have quite a few leg pimples and of course this causes unsighlty scarring. I am very fair skinned and agree with the concept behind the lighter skin the worse the problem however I recently went to Spain and on the first night, noticed that the spots had diminished. By the end of the week long trip they had vanished. Now I might add that direct sun exposure wasn't the cause as I wore full length jeans or combats most days but something happened either the week before or that week to cause the spot ot almost disappear completely.

The altitude and blood flow may have had something or the fact that I was recieving more sunlight than usual perhaps, maybe even the temperature as I live in the very cold Scotland?

I am very keen to try and replicate some of the possiblilities to find hopefully the root and solution to this problem that to my knowledge no drug or cream can solve.

Gr leg acne! I read if you shave your leg hair the way it grows that'll help you avoid leg acne, buuut you won't have as close of shave. D:

ew I hate leg acne! I actually don't have any anymore, but now I have leftover spots on my legs. Some of them are starting to fade, but swimming and tanning reaaaalllly helps with this. I think my spots will be gone in a couple months. Good luck to fellow leg acne sufferers =)

I'm a guy and ever since I shaved my legs and thighs a few months ago Ive gotten some spots on my legs or thighs. I havent shaved them in a while but I still get a bump every now and then.

yes I know, im weird.

I have never heard of it on the leg, maybe try the Oxy line, I have used it for 2 months and it is working great!

I'm a guy and ever since I shaved my legs and thighs a few months ago Ive gotten some spots on my legs or thighs. I havent shaved them in a while but I still get a bump every now and then.

yes I know, im weird.

i didnt think there was such a thing as hair acne but i have it in my hair

I am a 25 year old guy who does not shave my legs and I have horrible leg acne. At all times I have at least 20 whiteheads and hundreds of red dots which will eventually become whiteheads. I have extremely fair skin, I am of Irish descent and I do not tan at all. I have tried shampoos such as Head and Shoulders, I have tried several exfoliating scrubs, acne lotions, etc. and nothing works. I don't have acne anywhere else on my body, and never did.

I am so embarrassed by my legs that I rarely wear shorts unless I am going to be in the water, and I too have had several people say something about my ugly legs. If anyone knows anyway to help me out I would greatly appreciate it, but I fear I'm stuck with this.

Have you ever tried a body wash for acne? It may help.

I believe it is Keratosis Palaris now that I've looked into it. Which would explain why nothing works, hopefully it clears up as it says that many times it will in adulthood.

Have you ever tried a body wash for acne? It may help.

I believe it is Keratosis Palaris now that I've looked into it. Which would explain why nothing works, hopefully it clears up as it says that many times it will in adulthood.

Yeah, I thought it could be when I first read the post. I guess giving all options a try though would be beneficial.

yes I know, im weird.