Notifications
Clear all

Skin Color

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 08/13/2013 1:46 pm

Hi fellow orders. I'm headed towards my fourth month on the regimen and in terms of acne and skin softness, i am pleased. My issue is that the right side of my cheek has brown patches that are not dry or flaky to the touch but you can tell it is not a part of my skin. I have been using AHA for over a month and while this has helped with dryness and flakiness, it hasnt helped with these patches. If this continues, i wlll have to consider stopping the regimen. Will continued use of AHA help? Should i exfoliate in some way?

I also think by not using suncreen hasnt helped so can someone recommend a good one. If not for this issue, i would be 95$ happy

(@LewisS)

Posted : 08/13/2013 2:11 pm

Have you implemented any jojoba oil into the regimen? I can relate to the patches of skin that feel almost like they're on your skin, but not apart of your new softer skin. It's probably a patch of dry tough skin that is hard to budge. AHA will help, but if I were you I would rub jojoba oil into those areas to soften them up.

If I'm completely wrong in the way I described them, explain them further and I'll try think of another method of attack for you.

But trust me though, jojoba oil is something I believe everyone should use in their skin-care regimen. Love it! wub.png

MemberMember
(@hatchter)

Posted : 08/13/2013 3:35 pm

My issue is that the right side of my cheek has brown patches that are not dry or flaky to the touch but you can tell it is not a part of my skin.

At least you're not completely brown! Oh lord, how horrible would that be. (This is not a racist comment. I'm only hypothesizing how the poster would look like and how major the psychological burden would be if the patches he's describing would cover 100% of his body. I'm convinced the poster agrees.)

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 08/13/2013 9:16 pm

Sasch, have you considered that it might be pigmentation marks? I know that once I became clear my pigmentation marks really stood out because they were no longer disguised by acne.

It took around 5 months before my brown pigmentation started to fade, and now I look perfectly ghostly my skin is so white. Pale and ghostly...what a lovely image saywhat.gif

MemberMember
(@carebear06)

Posted : 08/13/2013 10:01 pm

I have brown patches too :( its not hyperpigmentation ..I never had those in that area (sides of my eyes and my jaw line) could it be that I'm using too much bp in those areas?

I do use the jojoba oil generously. Help! Everyone thinks my face got burned using the Regimen but I know its just brown patches

What do u all think?

Ps. I'm in my 6th week

MemberMember
(@thetruth1)

Posted : 08/13/2013 10:24 pm

The dark spots that remain on skincalled post-inflammatory pigmentary alterationare caused by inflammation during the skin's healing process. When skin is opened up, like when you pop a pimple, and then closes back together, you can get abnormal pigmentation, texture, and tone that looks different from the rest of your skin. Sometimes broken blood vessels that remain after an acne lesion fades can result in a mark that appears more red or purple than brown.

Acne scars occur when normal tissue in the skin is destroyed and replaced with fibrous tissue. You can think of an acne lesion as a wound. When the damage caused by acne is severe, the body can respond by creating too much tissue or too little tissue. The production of too much tissue forms a keloid or a hypertrophic scar, and too little tissue leads to that depression in the skin, or atrophic scar. The deeper and more inflamed the acne lesion, or the more that it is picked or squeezed, the more likely it is to scar. *Moderator edit, URL removed please read the board rules*

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 08/14/2013 7:28 pm

Sasch, have you considered that it might be pigmentation marks? I know that once I became clear my pigmentation marks really stood out because they were no longer disguised by acne.

It took around 5 months before my brown pigmentation started to fade, and now I look perfectly ghostly my skin is so white. Pale and ghostly...what a lovely image saywhat.gif

Hmm never thoight of that. It is possibel but i don't think so as it looks as if it could be peeled away.

Have you implemented any jojoba oil into the regimen? I can relate to the patches of skin that feel almost like they're on your skin, but not apart of your new softer skin. It's probably a patch of dry tough skin that is hard to budge. AHA will help, but if I were you I would rub jojoba oil into those areas to soften them up.

If I'm completely wrong in the way I described them, explain them further and I'll try think of another method of attack for you.

But trust me though, jojoba oil is something I believe everyone should use in their skin-care regimen. Love it! wub.png

Unfortunately for me jojoba breaks me out something wicked.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 08/14/2013 7:32 pm

Looks like it can be peeled away? Well that's certainly not pigmentation then, but must be dry skin. I would have thought the AHA would have sorted it out by the end of a month. Have you tried applying the AHA straight (not mixed in with moisturiser) to the affected area of your face?