Notifications
Clear all

Initial Breakouts From Cleansing

MemberMember
(@missindependent95)

Posted : 08/12/2013 11:52 pm

A quick question about initial breakouts when cleansing the body. For the past two or so weeks, I have been trying to improve my diet and cleanse out any toxins with the incorporation of veggie smoothies and drinking a lot of water and exercise, and I have also been taking cod liver oil supplements and multivitamins for about a week now. I chose these because they give me a good chunk of vitamin A, D and omega 3. Unfortunately, I am seeing no change in the enormous amount of acne I have, especially in the lower cheek/ jawline area, but I thought that the omega 3 was supposed to regulate hormones and the vitamin A would help as well. Any ideas on whether this is still the "initial breakout" stage or whether I am doing something incorrectly?

(@LewisS)

Posted : 08/13/2013 4:26 am

You're certainly not doing anything incorrectly. Look at it this way, your body has to get those toxins out somehow and where else better than through the skin!

It will subside eventually once your body is cleansed/detoxified. That's when you'll notice your acne improving! :)