Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey, whats steaming your face all about? Ive heard a bit about it but not enough. does it just help open up your pores? How often do you do it? and lastly, do you need special equiptment or is there a way to do it with stuff you already have? sorry for all the q's but im very interested. thanks.

I steam my face to open the pores and gently squeeze clogged pores with my fingers wrapped in toiletpaper, guaze or cotton balls.

Most facials do this but they use the fancy term "extraction" which is a fancy word for popping your pimples for you.

Bascially you can do it at home

1. Boil a pot of water

2. Pour the water into a large bowl (salad or somthing of that nature)

3. Put your face over it and put a towel over your head to trap the steam

I can't think of how this would help other then opening up your pores for removing clogged pores, cysts and blackheads.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Guest Captain Chaos

You can also do this by buying a 'facial sauna' I have one they are okish but the whole steaming thing is a bit overrated in my opinion..

I was thinking, that if i steamed my face really good over a bowl just before i went to wash my face with an SA scrub, say clean and clear! It could technically help red marks go away faster and relieve you of fleshy coloured bumps or commodones!.

Its just my theory because i've never tried steaming my face before. Does anyone else think this could speed up the process of getting rid of red marks etc?

As long as u don`t scauld yourself of course biggrin.gif

I was thinking, that if i steamed my face really good over a bowl just before i went to wash my face with an SA scrub, say clean and clear! It could technically help red marks go away faster and relieve you of fleshy coloured bumps or commodones!.

Its just my theory because i've never tried steaming my face before. Does anyone else think this could speed up the process of getting rid of red marks etc?

As long as u don`t scauld yourself of course biggrin.gif

From my experience bp has left me with some red marks on my face, and using an sa scrub has helped lighten them as it is an exfoliant, however they never seem to go completely, i just had a feeling steaming might emphasise with results as it will soften up the skin a lot more so once i use the scrub after, it will help remove a lot more dead skin cells eusa_think.gif

Or even steam ur face before u go to shave with a razor so it will be more comfortable and decrease irritation!

I know for sure it definetly softens up ur skin from trying it earlier on!

If you think about this logically u should see i could have a point here idea.gif

Anywho im going to try it regardless cause if u don`t try, you'll never know ninja.gif

Thanks, i had a painful pustule on my upperlip, i just had to squeeze it, it was really painful. Like a flesh coloured bump that becomes inflamed, im not sure how i can get rid of it completely!

Here a pic of how it was before i squeezed it rolleyes.gif

user posted image

Did you at least prepare it for popping? i.e., soak cotton wool in hot water and press gently, but a little firmly on the spot to soften it up.  After you have done that, I just usually let it dry and apply BP. Keep it REALLY dry, and it should just become dead skin and fall off.

Well i did stream my face for about 10 mins before to soften up my skin, and i gently squeezed..I don`t use Bp im afraid after it not agreeing with me. But i have put baking powder over it to dry it out. Is that a good idea?

I do a facial Steam every week, as apart of my weekly facials (Exfoliate, Cleanse, Steam, Mask, Tone, Mouisturize, Spot Treat) I Think it's what made me make the jump from 90% clear to 100%