Notifications
Clear all

Quaker Oats?okay?

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 08/07/2013 6:50 am

i was curious if its okay to have quaker oats?rolled?

anyone uses quaker oats here?rolled ones?

MemberMember
(@moonlitriver)

Posted : 08/07/2013 7:08 am

I used to eat rolled Quaker oats all the time and never had any problems with them :)

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 08/07/2013 9:24 am

I used to eat rolled Quaker oats all the time and never had any problems with them smile.png

thanks moonlit.

i am having kellog's heart to heart oats for a few days now and things seems alright.

*touchwood*

i brought this huge 1 kg packet but i heard quakers dnt claim any gluten-free.i mean am not even sure am gluten-intolerant.

just curious and skeptical.

thanks for responding.=)

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 08/09/2013 8:13 pm

I used to eat their instant oatmeal in various flavors...strawberries & cream was my favorite, but most oats just don't agree with me so I haven't had quaker oats in over a year.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 08/10/2013 12:39 am

I used to eat their instant oatmeal in various flavors...strawberries & cream was my favorite, but most oats just don't agree with me so I haven't had quaker oats in over a year.

instant oatmeals are BAD !

they have added sugar and other unwanted stuff!

u could try simple plain 100% rolled or cut oats and see

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 08/10/2013 7:49 pm

Oats in general don't seem to agree with me. which is sad because they are so filling.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/11/2013 8:40 pm

If they are rolled oats, then they are very good for you. When it says "rolled", or "steel cut", or "old-fashioned" oats it basically means it is an unprocessed, whole oat. They have little to no sugar, fat, salt, or cholesterol, and are high in protein, fiber, and good calories.

When you buy regular oatmeal. it is more processed than rolled oats. Rolled Oats > Instant Oatmeal

A lot of bodybuilders use them as a staple in a low fat and low sugar diet, and people with digestive issues eat them a lot because they are simple in nature, therefore easy to digest, but still provide lots of nutrients.

I have at least one bowl a day; they're good stuff smile.png

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 08/11/2013 9:53 pm

REALLY!!?!?!?

OMG,, ive been depriving myself of quacker oats all this time!!!

lol cuz some people said it breaks them out and stuff......

Anyways, how do you eat it?

I love it with milk cooked but unfortunately, milk isnt an option now.... :(

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 08/12/2013 12:36 am

REALLY!!?!?!?

OMG,, ive been depriving myself of quacker oats all this time!!!

lol cuz some people said it breaks them out and stuff......

Anyways, how do you eat it?

I love it with milk cooked but unfortunately, milk isnt an option now.... sad.png

if u r gluten intolerant then its better to either avoid oats(they are said to be contaminated) or try brands that claim 100% gluten free(certified).

quaker doesn't claim so as far as i know.

but if u r okay with slight/no gluten then go for quaker or any oats really.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/331348-ideas-of-dishespreparationsfood-items-okay-for-a-college-studentdorm-or-anyone-without-much-kitchen-help/#entry3372603

i agree with CBIOT13 about instant oatmeals , loads of bad stuff,really.

including loads of preservatives and added fake colours and synthetic stuff at times.

MemberMember
(@sum1killme)

Posted : 08/14/2013 1:25 am

I'm gluten intolerant and I eat rolled oats everyday, it doesnt affect me I used to beleive it did I was a fool. Add some cinnamon, chia, blueberries, organic honey, apple slices.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 08/14/2013 5:06 am

I'm gluten intolerant and I eat rolled oats everyday, it doesnt affect me I used to beleive it did I was a fool. Add some cinnamon, chia, blueberries, organic honey, apple slices.

that is probably because the amount due to cross contamination in oats is very lil'.

but there are brands like quaker which doesn't claim to be "gluten-free" so celiacs dnt have them.

there are a few brands which are certified and claim to be 100% gluten free & those are the only brands suitable for celiac patients.

if you are intolerant then its okay if you avoid or have oats(with lil'/no gluten).

but for those with celiac disease its a complete no-no.

for those with no intolerance whatsoever, gluten is not poison.

its good to have limited amount of whole grains in more than one way.

that is what am slowly learning from here and there.

so its okay to unfollow those gluten free poems and limit them to your resistance power.

i've been off gluten for sometime now . i have rice & oats(as evening snack) but i do have a lil' patty or samosa or something that has wheat now & then.

i will try to re-introduce wheat slowly to see if it effects me in any way.

p.s whole wheat is good for brains.

MemberMember
(@melie87)

Posted : 08/18/2013 2:24 pm

Nothing sold from generic brands are very good. Get Bobs Red Mill. Even if you are not gluten free. Better quality. Or get Mccann's Irish Oatmeal from Trader Joes.

It's all about the way things are handled, processed and where they are sourced. That is the key to eating right. Doing your homework about it. :)

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 08/19/2013 8:23 am

You don't ave a better source than Quaker oats?

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 08/19/2013 9:28 am

am sorry.

but are u asking if we get other brands here?

then , yes.

we get kellog's oats, and some less popular brands.but not the ones named by melie87.

why do u ask?

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 08/19/2013 10:50 am

am sorry.

then , yes.

we get kellog's oats, and some less popular brands.but not the ones named by melie87.

why do u ask?

You only get these mass produced American brands in India? No Irish or Scottish brands or bulk from Ireland or other cool climate?

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 08/20/2013 12:30 am

am sorry.

then , yes.

why do u ask?

You only get these mass produced American brands in India? No Irish or Scottish brands or bulk from Ireland or other cool climate?

the quaker product we get is from western australia actually