Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey! :D Always seem to have a bajillion questions on here, so here goes another one:

I've been advised not to remove whiteheads myself, but I'm a bit confused about it. Dan has a page dedicated to "How to Pop a Pimple," so it must be acceptable, right?

Although, for the past two weeks I've been removing fully-developed whiteheads (the way Dan instructs), and they seem to pop back up within a week (smaller head 2nd time), or they reappear next to the popped area, like the infection spread while I was popping. Eww.

Am I doing this the wrong way? Or, if it really is better to just leave whiteheads alone, why? Don't they just kind of fall off/pop by accident anyway? Is there something about the Regimen that makes your skin less tolerant of popping?

Thanks (:

Hello hello!

I actually can't stand "not" popping them, I find that the longer you leave all the white gunk in there the better chance you have of getting a pitted scar.. cause the skin collagen is settling around what is a mass inside the skin. You may end up with a red mark a little longer if you pop it, but in my experience you are much less likely to get the actual indented scaring as an end result.. and I know what you mean when it seems like that same pimple will like "resurrect" for round two ahaha.. I usually find it's either mild enough to hardly talk about, or I just re-extract it if it's bad enough... but make sure you're only extracting acne that is ready to be extracted! Nothing is worse then trying to pop a pimple without a head .. ouch </3

All in all your skin is likely a little more sensitive on the regimen, but I've been on it months now~ and I really feel like extracting them is the best option (:

See what works for you! Hope this helps (:

Hello hello!

I actually can't stand "not" popping them, I find that the longer you leave all the white gunk in there the better chance you have of getting a pitted scar.. cause the skin collagen is settling around what is a mass inside the skin. You may end up with a red mark a little longer if you pop it, but in my experience you are much less likely to get the actual indented scaring as an end result.. and I know what you mean when it seems like that same pimple will like "resurrect" for round two ahaha.. I usually find it's either mild enough to hardly talk about, or I just re-extract it if it's bad enough... but make sure you're only extracting acne that is ready to be extracted! Nothing is worse then trying to pop a pimple without a head .. ouch </3

All in all your skin is likely a little more sensitive on the regimen, but I've been on it months now~ and I really feel like extracting them is the best option (:

See what works for you! Hope this helps (:

Woo thanks, that's a good point. I guess I'll go with the flow...if I can't take it I won't feel as guilty about removing it. (: I always make sure it's a pretty decently-sized whitehead. That's usually what makes me want to get rid of it so badly haha. It's just so THERE.

I used to squeeze the living day lights out of my pimples and I cleared up just fine on the regimen. Perhaps it's a personal preference but if it was up to me, I say pop away my friend. Pop away! :)