Notifications
Clear all

Waxing While On The Regimen

MemberMember
(@c33c33)

Posted : 07/24/2013 1:55 pm

Hello Everyone,

I'm on my second week on the Regimen and my skin is super sensitive right now. A lot of dryness and scaling. I want to get my eyebrows waxed today. Do you guys think it is safe? Has anyone tried waxing their eyebrows and/or upperlip while on the regimen? I'm scared that it will irritate my skin since it is super sensitive right now. Help Please!

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 07/24/2013 3:49 pm

Benzoyl peroxide doesnt exactly 'thin' your skin like retinoids such as retin-a do, so it should be okay. But the best thing to do is go and see the person who waxes them and ask their advice.

c33c33 liked
MemberMember
(@thefearlessface)

Posted : 07/24/2013 4:09 pm

Ask your esthetician to use hard (stripless) wax. It is much gentler on the skin. Or you can ask her to apply a very thin layer of oil before applying soft (strip) wax. This can prevent the wax from adhering if too much is used, but a very small amount will allow the wax to pick up the hairs while providing a skin barrier to prevent irritation.

c33c33 liked
MemberMember
(@c33c33)

Posted : 07/24/2013 4:42 pm

Ask your esthetician to use hard (stripless) wax. It is much gentler on the skin. Or you can ask her to apply a very thin layer of oil before applying soft (strip) wax. This can prevent the wax from adhering if too much is used, but a very small amount will allow the wax to pick up the hairs while providing a skin barrier to prevent irritation.

Thanks!