Help Choosing Make ...

Notifications
Clear all

Help Choosing Make Up!

MemberMember
(@ruth24)

Posted : 07/23/2013 7:20 pm

Since everyone here seems to have acne as me. I was woundering if i can get some reccomendations on waht make up to use!! Please. Im done spending sooo much money on makeup i only use for about a month b/c then i start breaking out! :/ i can give a list for what i haved tried but then again this would turn into a loongg blog. Lol

But what i am using right now

primer. maybelline .instant age rewind. After cetaphil moisturiser spf 50

As the base im using magic skin beutifier BB cream( it feels really good but leaves me very shinny)

Powder.. neutrogena skin clearing mineral wich has salicylic acid. 0.5% ... this one dint really worked for me made break out even more -.-

If anyone knows of a better make up healthier and better coverrage. Please do let me know. .im also reading right here at. Acne.org about. Almay products. Any thoughts??

:)

Also. I am a single very bussy mom. Dont really have much time to go to store to store and checking for ingredients and all on the make ups. :P

MemberMember
(@ls206816)

Posted : 07/23/2013 8:35 pm

I would defiantly try BareMinerals! Powders are so much better for your skin and BareMinerals has very good coverage! If you don't feel like its enough coverage you can put concealer on and then put BareMinerals over it! You might want to stop into a BareMinerals store so they can try some products out on you, show you how to use them, and find the best coverage for you. Or Sephora has some good BareMinerals sets where you can try out a few products. Heres also a list of some good foundations! http://www.skincarehq.org/articles/top-5-best-foundations-for-acne-prone-skin

Another foundation I like from the drugstore is Revlon color stay for oily/Combinations skin. It has very good coverage and stays on well.

Another favorite is Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse. Ive gone through tons of these. It has great coverage and makes your skin look very smooth if you don't use powder with it. Just don't mix it up with the Dream Smooth mousse because that ones for dry skin and doesn't have as great coverage and it will make you look like a oily mess within 30 minutes! Hope this helps!

Also look for matte products! Anything that has a dewy or luminous finish will make blemishes more noticeable! So if you use BareMinerals get the matte formula not the original!

MemberMember
(@ruth24)

Posted : 07/24/2013 2:07 am

Thank you for the advised. I did tried a while ago bareminerals. But the powder one (from the Tv)..but it did not worked for me at all. It made my skib very itchy.and i just didnt like and had time for all the stuff i had to do the applying that is.

But i just went on the web site you send me and im interested on this one ..

BareMinerals Ready Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20

Have you tried this one??

MemberMember
(@sgreenta)

Posted : 07/25/2013 1:32 am

I started using Clinique anti-redness with probiotic technology. Improved redness. Did not make acne worse. Didn't make it any better either. Not expensive. Good coverage. Rinses off easily.

MemberMember
(@cvd)

Posted : 07/30/2013 10:26 am

Hi Ruth

I really like Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Loose Powder Foundation. It is an amazing powder. I'm basically clear now but when my skin was red and bumpy this powder was like a miracle in how it made the red fade away and any bumps look like nothing...I can't explain this well but my skin looked like it was clear. This powder was formulated for people with inflammed red skin and is often recommended on rosacea sites for being both gentle and soothing. I still use it because it works so well. I put on a thin layer with the brush that is included and then use a tiny makeup brush to add a bit more to any red spots and blend in. I can't recommend it eneough. It is well worth trying.

Bareminerals made my skin shiny, itchy and inflamed my acne. Anything with salicyclic acid in it makes me breakout, including Neutrogena. I've tried lots of liquid makeup and they all make my skin shiny and breakout. Very frustrating.

The regime below was developed by my derm and has worked wonders for me. My skin is looking great.

MemberMember
(@ruth24)

Posted : 07/31/2013 2:09 am

Thnx.everyone.

You can tell i dont know much about make ups. Or really any product. Lol. Im new to all this. Bit after seen reviews and asking others. I guess im learning.

I didnt wanted to buy big brands of make up. Dont really want to depend on that and spending soo much money.

So i went to walgreens(again) . I returned my previous products. And i asked the cosmetic girl if she could reccomend me a good make up for sensitive skin that will not clogg pores. And she said.

Covergirl.clear.sensitive.

So i bought the liquid.and the powder. Although is not a GREAT coverage. I feel as if my skin can actually breath. Is not shinny.And when i wash it off it comes right off. Wich is what i was looking for. But ive only use it for a day. So i'll wait for better results later on.

Of anyone want up dates for that let me know!.

-ruth. ")

So

MemberMember
(@mdp703)

Posted : 08/03/2013 8:52 pm

If you are willing to pay more money, I strongly recommend Glo Minerals. It has to be purchased at a dermatology clinic, but it has been a godsend to me and worth it. If you have a lot of whiteheads, it's not going to hide those like a thicker liquid will (not that this works that well anyways). But if you have a lot of closed comeodones, this is like a miracle. It's a powder and provides full coverage. Most mineral powders made me break out, but this one never did. The amazing coverage even fooled my derm who couldn't tell I was wearing makeup and thought my skin had cleared right up. Something to consider for those that are still looking for that perfect natural full coverage makeup.

MemberMember
(@suzieqtaylor)

Posted : 08/08/2013 2:54 pm

I used to use bare minerals but if you are using acne treatments that give you any sort of dryness, it seems to highlight these areas. I started using Revlon- oil free 24 hour makeup and it has great coverage, oil-free so shouldn't cause breakouts, and is easy on your wallet. Also, walgreens will accept returns on makeup purchases you aren't satisfied with.

I usually mix my foundation with a little bit of my moisturizer to thin it out a bit and give me a more natural coverage. And then for breakouts, just pat a little of the full foundation on the spot.

Also, recently I tried the new revlon high definition foundation that is also oil-free and it doesn't break me out. Its a little bit more expensive but it does seem to minimize pores a tad more than the 24 hour one.

I tried the loreal true match and it didn't break me out but it didn't cover well at all.