Scared To Use Aha+ ...

Notifications
Clear all

Scared To Use Aha+ Again After Breakout, Initial Breakout Or Does My Skin Not Like It?

MemberMember
(@acneisacurse)

Posted : 07/22/2013 2:19 pm

I used AHA+ around 3 weeks ago for about a week and a half or so (putting it on at night once every 3 days or so), and everything was going well but suddenly after that week I got like 3 big uncomfortable pimples, 1 on my chin, one on my forehead, and another one on the side of my mouth. I was scared that my skin just didn't like AHA+ so I stopped. But I don't want to waste the AHA+ that I bought, so I'm thinking of starting it again and continuing to put it on if I breakout again. For those of you that use AHA+, was there an initial breakout for you? And did you eventually stop breaking out?

MemberMember
(@theonethatgotaway)

Posted : 07/22/2013 4:14 pm

No, AHA doesn't break me out. It may just be a coincidence that you received those three pimples on your face or something else caused it such as your diet, not following the steps of regimen carefully, touching your face unconciously, applying too much AHA on the first day of using it, not drinking enough water, etc.

MemberMember
(@wombat666)

Posted : 07/23/2013 9:03 am

I used AHA+ around 3 weeks ago for about a week and a half or so (putting it on at night once every 3 days or so), and everything was going well but suddenly after that week I got like 3 big uncomfortable pimples, 1 on my chin, one on my forehead, and another one on the side of my mouth. I was scared that my skin just didn't like AHA+ so I stopped. But I don't want to waste the AHA+ that I bought, so I'm thinking of starting it again and continuing to put it on if I breakout again. For those of you that use AHA+, was there an initial breakout for you? And did you eventually stop breaking out?

Everyone's skin is different. After using AHA+ on my face for about a week in March, I got three to four large cyst clusters on my face... they were really uncomfortable and made me depressed for a couple weeks because they just wouldn't go away. I hadn't had cysts that big in months, so AHA+ was the only factor. I just use it on my body now and avoid the face at all costs.