Notifications
Clear all

Edible Earth - Bentonite/magnetic Clay Detox

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 07/19/2013 10:51 pm

Has anyone tried Edible Earth's Digestive Detoxicant and Trace Mineral Supplement? My acupuncturist gave it to me a month ago to clear out toxins and ease my digestion but I was nervous to use it. Basically, you dilute a bit of the clay in water and drink it throughout the day or at night, always on an empty stomach so that only toxins can be pulled out. I was nervous about a detox breakout, but the clay is supposed to absorb the toxins and then gets pushed through the bowels.

Well, today I saw a doctor who specializes in both western and holistic medicine. Besides acne, my issue was numbness in my hands/arms and feet. She told me that one possible cause, related also to my suspicions of leaky gut, histamines, and acne, could be heavy metal toxicity. She gave me guidelines for a diet that's similar to the low histamine one I am following until the test results come back. I got tested for prediabetes, iron & vitamin B12 [anemic] & vitamin D deficiencies, and metal toxicity (not sure how many metals they are testing for). I did both blood and urine tests and am waiting for the results. All 3 possibilities make sense based on my symptoms, and all are scary but prediabetes is the scariest since it runs in my family.

Anyway, if it is toxicity I'd be willing to try the clay but I wanted to hear feedback from others too, especially in regards to how it affects acne during & after the detox phase.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 08/06/2013 1:12 am

Noone knows about bentonite clay taken internally? Well, to update...I took edible earth 2 nights in a row, and my skin texture looks a bit better, but I think it brought some breakouts to the surface. I might continue taking it once a week for remineralization and gentle detox.

MemberMember
(@bengal-boss)

Posted : 08/06/2013 9:21 am

Hello WishClean,

I don't know much about this product, but I say you give it a try and if you start feeling extremely bad after a week or two then just drop it. Honestly, I can understand your skepticism as you never really think of eating clay to solve problems in the body; but hey, if it works, it works.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 08/06/2013 2:36 pm

Hello WishClean,

I don't know much about this product, but I say you give it a try and if you start feeling extremely bad after a week or two then just drop it. Honestly, I can understand your skepticism as you never really think of eating clay to solve problems in the body; but hey, if it works, it works.

My acupuncturist swears by it! And she has great skin. I read a lot of positive reviews online about the clay's benefits, but yes, I'm still skeptical. I will continue for a few more days on and off to see how it goes.

MemberMember
(@bengal-boss)

Posted : 08/06/2013 2:40 pm

Hello WishClean,

My acupuncturist swears by it! And she has great skin. I read a lot of positive reviews online about the clay's benefits, but yes, I'm still skeptical. I will continue for a few more days on and off to see how it goes.

Yeah, always good to be skeptical of things. Let me know how it goes!