Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wehateacne

Exfoliants: Need Suggestions

I'm starting to get super dry skin from the regimen and need a good exfoliant that won't clog pores and will make my skin look nice :D Got any suggestions?

Don't use a separate exfoliator which can be harsh. Try the Eucerin renewal alpha hydroxy moisturizer. Alpha hydroxy works as a GENTLE exfoliator. Anything harsher than that is irritation, and we all know what that leads to...

-Dan

Eucerin works so well because the alpha-hyroxy it contains is a form of lactic acid, not glycolic acid which many lotions use and is a harsher AHA.

I have done some research and now only use lactic acid AHA preparations.

Lactic acid not only gently exfoliates (more gently than other AHA's), but it is also inherently a natural moisturizing compound and also anti-microbial.

Lactic acid is the best AHA exfoliator around. It's also, in my opinion, the best kept secret. I don't know why it's not promoted more.

Do some research on the internet and what you might find about lactic acid preparations will surprise you. They work! They moisturize naturally, exfoliate without harshness and are also anti-microbial (kills acne bateria).

Many products contain lactic acid and their derivatives, ammonium lactate, etc. Just read the labels; the products are out there, although not well promoted.

Yea I use the eucerin, but another good exfoliator is Nivea Face Scrub. Its in the shaving section for guys, but hey its just little sand type shizzle with no fragrance so it doesnt matter if your a guy or girl.

do you know what percentage of lactic acid is in the eurin moisturizer, if it doesn't say counting from the ingredients down from the top where is it?

do you know what percentage of lactic acid is in the eurin moisturizer, if it doesn't say counting from the ingredients down from the top where is it?

about exfoliation... here's a question for anyone to answer: i understand how using an exfoliator can be irritating and detrimental for blemished skin, but how about for skin that's clear and being treated with dan's regimen? curious.