Notifications
Clear all

Poop!

MemberMember
(@balance-bird)

Posted : 06/20/2013 9:39 pm

HEY! POOP! It's like my favorite thing to do! It just feels so great to go! I feel like people take it for granted! I've been pretty constipated on and off for months now! I take probiotics, very top ones, drink lots of water, but still! I just couldn't poop without force, and I always had a mucus from straining. Lately, I have been going more...at-least it's coming out, but it's so hard! An so big! I had weird pale spots in my pooooo. I fee like my bile or liver isn't functioning as good. I eat A LOT of fiber. I dunno what is going on! I finally got the urhe to go today for the first time in over 4 weeks...

BUT pooping is SO important! If we don't go toxins build up, and cause our body stress and to recirculate harmful things.

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 06/21/2013 2:27 am

I had exactly the same problem. Lasted for months. I ate unwashed organic green salads for 10 days and it resolved completely. I think I just got lucky and got the right bacteria.

It probably it's liver or bile function. It's almost definitely dysbiosis. Especially if you've recently been on antibiotics.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 06/21/2013 3:41 am

I had exactly the same problem. Lasted for months. I ate unwashed organic green salads for 10 days and it resolved completely. I think I just got lucky and got the right bacteria.

It probably it's liver or bile function. It's almost definitely dysbiosis. Especially if you've recently been on antibiotics.

I have been eating organic green veggies (mainly leafy greens) and I still have bowel issues at times

MemberMember
(@madeleine24)

Posted : 06/21/2013 7:08 am

Drink prune juice before bed and you'll probably have a nice normal poop in the morning lol. It helps draw water to the bowel. My doctor said the problem with water is sometimes it goes through too quickly, to your bladder and doesn't reach the bowel. You could try adding a little salt to a glass of water (gross I know), or just try a sports drink.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/21/2013 9:34 am

Drink prune juice before bed and you'll probably have a nice normal poop in the morning lol. It helps draw water to the bowel. My doctor said the problem with water is sometimes it goes through too quickly, to your bladder and doesn't reach the bowel. You could try adding a little salt to a glass of water (gross I know), or just try a sports drink.

well,are salt and prune juice the only ways?

do u have any idea or can u ask ur doc(who said) why for some the water goes too quickly?

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 06/21/2013 10:29 am

Try drinking two tall, not too cold, glasses of water as soon as you wake up.

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 06/21/2013 11:29 am

I have been eating organic green veggies (mainly leafy greens) and I still have bowel issues at times

Yeah I think I just got lucky. Ate the right dirt, I guess

MemberMember
(@balance-bird)

Posted : 06/21/2013 10:15 pm

I'm going to the caribbean Sunday!!! But, I've been finally having movements! They just are big and hard!

MemberMember
(@johnh)

Posted : 06/21/2013 10:37 pm

Like Exister said above, I like to drink 2 large glasses of water upon rising every day and I don't eat any food 'til about an hour later. This will help "purge" your body of toxins and what you ate the previous night. And with the average toxicity of the average fat cell of the average human eating a typical modern diet, you definitely want to get that stuff out through your bowels and not through your skin/sweat...

MemberMember
(@balance-bird)

Posted : 06/21/2013 11:53 pm

Like Exister said above, I like to drink 2 large glasses of water upon rising every day and I don't eat any food 'til about an hour later. This will help "purge" your body of toxins and what you ate the previous night. And with the average toxicity of the average fat cell of the average human eating a typical modern diet, you definitely want to get that stuff out through your bowels and not through your skin/sweat...

good idea! I'm often hungry in the morning, but if I drink water it disappears! I will definitely do this!

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/22/2013 3:20 am

but i have heard that eating something within 30 minutes of waking up is good for general health.

not sure!

was on the paper.quoted by a celebrity nutritionist.

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 06/22/2013 11:21 am

I've been taking a gram or two of pure vitamin C powder every day. It's helped a lot with my oily skin, keeps me awake through the day, helps me sleep at night, and makes my poop extremely... soft? Broken down? It almost looks like diarrhea every time, but in a... healthy way. I never get constipated now. You could try that.

MemberMember
(@johnh)

Posted : 06/22/2013 11:47 am

but i have heard that eating something within 30 minutes of waking up is good for general health.

not sure!

Could be. I just meant that's what I personally do, but only because I take some amino acid supplements that can only cross the blood brain barrier on an empty stomach.

The important takeaway is to drink water upon waking in order to have a bowel movement before you start eating any food for the day. This could be 5 minutes, could be 30 minutes, it'll be different for everyone.

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 06/22/2013 12:01 pm

I usually wait at least two hours to eat after my morning water. For the rest of the day I separate all meals and water by 1-3 hours as well. On either side.

MemberMember
(@perseverance92)

Posted : 06/22/2013 12:18 pm

I usually wait at least two hours to eat after my morning water. For the rest of the day I separate all meals and water by 1-3 hours as well. On either side.

milk is the best laxative haha

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/22/2013 12:48 pm

not sure!

Could be. I just meant that's what I personally do, but only because I take some amino acid supplements that can only cross the blood brain barrier on an empty stomach.

The important takeaway is to drink water upon waking in order to have a bowel movement before you start eating any food for the day. This could be 5 minutes, could be 30 minutes, it'll be different for everyone.

then pls mention that its apt in ur case for u take some med/supplement.

otherwise,water intake(warm water or even normal water) is to be taken soon after u get up and one should try to eat something healthy within 30 minutes of getting up.

keeps ur metabolism okay through out the day.

personal feed :

i get up and have normal water(not exactly 2 full glasses but as much as i can,i dnt over strain myself).

then after say about 20-30minutes i have my warm(not hot) lemon green tea(its got not even half lemon squeezed in green tea made at home) and then have my breakfast.

which is two fruits(usually apple/cucumber or guave etc) and lentils(dal).

have somewater again after some time.

sadly,thats gonna change once i am back to work and busy schedule.;(

MemberMember
(@johnh)

Posted : 06/22/2013 1:25 pm

not sure!

otherwise,water intake(warm water or even normal water) is to be taken soon after u get up and one should try to eat something healthy within 30 minutes of getting up.

This widely accepted "rule" of eating within a specific time period upon waking is largely hearsay. Moreover, contrary to popular belief, your metabolism does not need "jumpstarting." An extra 30 minutes of waiting will not really change anything after you've just been sleeping/fasting for 8 hours (or however long you sleep). It honestly comes down to personal preference. Those with a blood glucose level issue may like to eat immediately. Others, like myself, prefer to wait. Different strokes for different folks.

Again, the important thing related to the OP is to try to drink water upon waking in order to expedite a bowel movement before having any food. This will probably take less than 30 minutes to happen anyway.

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 06/22/2013 1:33 pm

milk is the best laxative haha

Uh, no it's not. For one, it's extremely unhealthy and gross in concept. For another, since I'm intolerant of it, it actually constipates me like crazy. It makes me feel like I have to shit really bad for 2 days but I actually can't.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/22/2013 1:45 pm

not sure!

This widely accepted "rule" of eating within a specific time period upon waking is largely hearsay. Moreover, contrary to popular belief, your metabolism does not need "jumpstarting." An extra 30 minutes of waiting will not really change anything after you've just been sleeping/fasting for 8 hours (or however long you sleep). It honestly comes down to personal preference. Those with a blood glucose level issue may like to eat immediately. Others, like myself, prefer to wait. Different strokes for different folks.

Again, the important thing related to the OP is to try to drink water upon waking in order to expedite a bowel movement before having any food. This will probably take less than 30 minutes to happen anyway.

that is ur take.

its okay.

but kick starting ur metabolism is a very logical thing to do.medically explained.

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 06/22/2013 1:49 pm

But so is intermittent fasting; not eating for several hours after waking up and stopping a while before bed. Which I do, and since then my skin's gotten better and my bloated, potbelly-looking stomach as gone down drastically.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/23/2013 12:56 am

But so is intermittent fasting; not eating for several hours after waking up and stopping a while before bed. Which I do, and since then my skin's gotten better and my bloated, potbelly-looking stomach as gone down drastically.

IF isnt about not eating when u get up.

its about eating within a span of time.say 8 hrs.

that is if u stop eating at 3 or 4 in the afternoon(evening)(u can have something very light later ,if u need to) and then having the next meal at 7 or 8 next morning when u get up.

in fact ,this the ideal format.

breakfast is important and the time of any food matters.

now there is no guarantee that ur body will be noticeably harmed if u dnt eat on right times but then same goes for those who dnt eat right !!