Notifications
Clear all

Forgetting You Actually Have Acne Then You Suddenly Remember Again

MemberMember
(@ebun321)

Posted : 06/12/2013 5:21 am

So ive had acne for the last 4-5 years. During these years acne has been on my mind most of the time.Sometimes i get these rare moments when i just totally forget i have acne altogether, then i suddenly remember again after a few hours or even the next day and its like you just get hit with a load of depression all at once without warning. 1 minute i feel normal then the next minute i feel like i cant even look at myself. My problem isnt even with what others are thinking because i have quite a few friends i just hate the fact that acne has caused me to beat myself up and i seriously cant help it. I am very open minded i don't believe in racism and i don't stereotype people at all i just take everything as it comes, i am genuinely positive and i don't get into arguments or fights. I guess acne has really humbled me externally but my confidence in myself has taken a massive blow. Thankfully my acne is starting to clear up but i just feel like even if i get clear i will always be self doubtful .

MemberMember
(@unpretty)

Posted : 06/12/2013 8:23 am

So ive had acne for the last 4-5 years. During these years acne has been on my mind most of the time.Sometimes i get these rare moments when i just totally forget i have acne altogether, then i suddenly remember again after a few hours or even the next day and its like you just get hit with a load of depression all at once without warning. 1 minute i feel normal then the next minute i feel like i cant even look at myself. My problem isnt even with what others are thinking because i have quite a few friends i just hate the fact that acne has caused me to beat myself up and i seriously cant help it. I am very open minded i don't believe in racism and i don't stereotype people at all i just take everything as it comes, i am genuinely positive and i don't get into arguments or fights. I guess acne has really humbled me externally but my confidence in myself has taken a massive blow. Thankfully my acne is starting to clear up but i just feel like even if i get clear i will always be self doubtful .

All my life I've had relatively clear skin until now acne just started attacking my face, no matter what I tried to do its just not getting better 🙁 Every time I pass a mirror or have to wash my face a piece of me dies. I'm drinking sooooo much water, normally I could eat anything but lately i've been way more fruits and vegetables yet still no improvement. I feel hopeless right now i'm on differin and benzyl peroxide and my face is just looking worse each day -sigh-

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 06/12/2013 1:31 pm

All my life I've had relatively clear skin until now acne just started attacking my face, no matter what I tried to do its just not getting better 🙁 Every time I pass a mirror or have to wash my face a piece of me dies. I'm drinking sooooo much water, normally I could eat anything but lately i've been way more fruits and vegetables yet still no improvement. I feel hopeless right now i'm on differin and benzyl peroxide and my face is just looking worse each day -sigh-

Keep calm it takes a while to work.

Don't stress too much and dont over wash.

MemberMember
(@stella-the-diver)

Posted : 06/12/2013 2:00 pm

I never forget I have acne. It's like it's embedded in my mind. My way to cope is not to look in the mirror a lot, that way I kinda "forget" about it, but not really...it's far away in my mind, but still there.

I totally understand your struggle.It seems that I'm trying the best I could by drinking more water, avoiding dairy and processed shit, eating more organic and healthy foods, follow strictly my routine day and night! but still, my breakouts come back eventually.