Notifications
Clear all

The Truth About Hormonal Acne

MemberMember
(@abduliii)

Posted : 06/02/2013 2:51 pm

So ive always heard that acne is caused by hormonal acne, and that your diet has absolutely nothing to do with it, well it actually has everything to do with it. When you eat food especially foods that are high in carbs this will cause your insulin (which is a HORMONE) in our body to spike quickly, this will cause more oiliness to our faces leading to breakouts..

Some peoples bodies are immune to this and therefore there bodies are stable, but not everyone works the same. Ive noticed myself that if I eat anything which has wheat (even WHOLE WHEAT) it will cause me to become oily in a few hours.

Carbohydrates are found in just about EVERYTHING. My goal is to eliminate EVERYTHING that has more than 5g of carbs (ive tried it last week and my skin was less oily, with less breakouts, with the exception of tiny whiteheads. Just recently I had this burger and lots of rice and guess what happened, BREAKOUTS..

I will be entering a log end of every week and update everyone

Day 1: skin is a bit oily, with a few whiteheads around my mouth, redness is calm

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 06/02/2013 6:37 pm

So ive always heard that acne is caused by hormonal acne, and that your diet has absolutely nothing to do with it, well it actually has everything to do with it. When you eat food especially foods that are high in carbs this will cause your insulin (which is a HORMONE) in our body to spike quickly, this will cause more oiliness to our faces leading to breakouts..

Some peoples bodies are immune to this and therefore there bodies are stable, but not everyone works the same. Ive noticed myself that if I eat anything which has wheat (even WHOLE WHEAT) it will cause me to become oily in a few hours.

Carbohydrates are found in just about EVERYTHING. My goal is to eliminate EVERYTHING that has more than 5g of carbs (ive tried it last week and my skin was less oily, with less breakouts, with the exception of tiny whiteheads. Just recently I had this burger and lots of rice and guess what happened, BREAKOUTS..

Day 1: skin is a bit oily, with a few whiteheads around my mouth, redness is calm

No ones body is immune to the effects of high glycemic meal/drink habits. They say now type 2diabetes is the fastest growing disease in history, and people are doing it to themselves. However, other habits (sleep, nutrients, activity) and level of fitness affect how well a person metabolizes carbs.

MemberMember
(@darkheart)

Posted : 06/02/2013 9:24 pm

No such thing as hormonal acne. Hormones don't cause acne they make the skin oily. All acne is caused by genetics primarily in that your hair follicule sheds abnormally(possibly from a mutation) which gets blocked which leads to infection, pus and inflammation hence acne. 90% of people with acne have totally normal hormone levels just increased sensitivity to androgens which creates excess sebum (which isn't the cause of of acne, just an aggravator).

And hormonal imbalances or disorders are often independent from diet meaning the person doesn't get the "imbalance" because they eat like shit, they get the imbalance because of genetics . Like PCOS for example, many women who have it are born to develop the disorder no matter how they eat or what they do they just end up developing it regardless and it's not their fault. A strict diet only palliates symptoms, it is not going to cure you. And there are many strains of acne that are reistant to healthy diet or that diet only has a "modest" effect on.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/03/2013 1:34 am

No ones body is immune to the effects of high glycemic meal/drink habits. They say now type 2diabetes is the fastest growing disease in history, and people are doing it to themselves. However, other habits (sleep, nutrients, activity) and level of fitness affect how well a person metabolizes carbs.

actually,i had an grandmom(who's no more now),she had extremely unhealthy sweets and the thickened sugar syrup(am not sure if u know about it-its very middle eastern and south asian) after every meal and also the amount of fried stuff like samosa etc she took was more than what one usually takes.

like we usually have one or two samosa,at the age of 80,she could have 4 with ease.

i myself am kinda shut when i ask my mum to eat healthy and she keeps bringing up that aunt of hers - saying how she never got any digestion issues or diabetes till she passed away.

MemberMember
(@darkheart)

Posted : 06/03/2013 2:05 am

actually,i had an grandmom(who's no more now),she had extremely unhealthy sweets and the thickened sugar syrup(am not sure if u know about it-its very middle eastern and south asian) after every meal and also the amount of fried stuff like samosa etc she took was more than what one usually takes.

like we usually have one or two samosa,at the age of 80,she could have 4 with ease.

i myself am kinda shut when i ask my mum to eat healthy and she keeps bringing up that aunt of hers - saying how she never got any digestion issues or diabetes till she passed away.

Genetics. Not everyone is prone to diabetes - even the obese. You would think everyone has to get a consequence for bad habits but unfortunately this isn't the case. A lot of people get off easy.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 06/03/2013 12:52 pm

Doesn't mean she is immune. Other factors affect how well you deal with the excess sugar as I already said. But this is an important point. Diabetes 2 used to be something people only developed very, very late in life. Usually after retirement when people became less active so that they were much more affected by the sugar they consumed. Now children are developing it.

The author of the book Diabesity told the story of her Grandmother deveolping diabetes after she retired. She made a living making some kind of sweets. But she ate very little, because that would be eating her income. And she was busy and active all day. When she retired, she was less active and began to eat those sweets. Also, she was adapted to survive famine and was the only one of her siblings that survived starvation in Russia post WWII. The author was the first head of the American Diabetes Association or whatever it's called, and at the forefront when they first started noticing this shocking occurrence --young adults and even children developing this old persons disease. It's a pretty good book.

Genetics. Not everyone is prone to diabetes - even the obese. You would think everyone has to get a consequence for bad habits but unfortunately this isn't the case. A lot of people get off easy.

There are other consequences besides developing diabetes. Cancer, heart disease, loss of elasticity in all tissues and all the problems that causes, saggy, wrinkly skin, etc. They'll get something.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/03/2013 1:39 pm

not eating right and not eating in the right time is bad for health.

its a fact.known to all.

actually its logical too.

what i tell my mum is she's a rare case.doesnt mean everyone can get away!

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 06/03/2013 1:50 pm

Also, tell your mother that you, and she, are not your grandmother. You only have a portion of her genes. And your genes are not set. There are no where near enough genes to account for everything happening in your body. Environmental factors, including things you do to yourself, account for everything happening in your body.

not eating right and not eating in the right time is bad for health.

its a fact.known to all.

actually its logical too.

what i tell my mum is she's a rare case.doesnt mean everyone can get away!

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/04/2013 12:50 am

are u talking about point mutation or any kind of mutation?

am not sure the genetic set up changes through daily activities.

i though things like radiation etc mutate chromosomal set ups?

have u read anything related to this from reliable source?

may be u could send me the link.