Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

Too much medication a bad thing?

Hey guys. Ive been strictcly on Botchla's regimen for about a month now. I went through a whole 5oz. tube of Blackhead scrub. I saw results but I hated the little beads. So I got some advantage C&C SA 2% wash. I use that along with the 10% bp cream.

My question is, I also have some SA 2% moisturziation cream/lotion. Do you think its too much washing with a SA wash and then using Lotion that contains SA?

Look closely, the count of SA is .5

Not %2.0

eusa_whistle.gif

ASSUMING your're talking about Dual Action moisturizer, which is the only one I know of CnC products that have SA in them....

But, to awnser your question.

The Advantage will make you skin much drier than the BCS did, so watch out, you'll really need the moisture.

thanks i guess i misread that. Im just concerned that more medication equals more dryness, so having a lotion containing SA might dry me up EVEn more....

so far, the Advtanage cleanser isnt drying me out.. maybe its beacuse I only do the BP wash once

It depends on your skin really. I've used C&C Advantage wash (2% SA), Neutrogena healthy skin face lotion (8% glycolic) and C&C Advantage lotion (2% SA) each twice daily and I still had oily skin.

And no, it wasn't the "rebound" affect where my skin got so dry it went into oil overdrive, because if I didn't put any of those products on my skin would of been even more oily.