Notifications
Clear all

Bleaching Concerns

MemberMember
(@leftwing)

Posted : 05/29/2013 1:45 pm

I started the regimen recently & I started having some concerns about bleaching. Prior to starting the regimen I used a 4% bp wash and this was enough to slightly bleach my pillow cases. In the past, when I might have been on a different bp regimen, I took a nap on my couch and the bp from my face left a large orange spot on one of the cushions. I'm worried about bleaching the clothing & pillows of a s/o, or couches that I may happen to crash on at friends places. Does anybody have any experience with this, or tips to avoid bleaching other peoples things?

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 05/29/2013 2:03 pm

Other than put a cover down over what your laying on not really. All my pillow cases are bleached from over the years lol.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 05/29/2013 10:53 pm

Yeah, its a real problem. I always have to ask my BF to change if he has a decent top on and we plan to cuddle watching tv. I've bleached a couple of his t-shirts by resting my face on him when he pulls me close. Whoops!

MemberMember
(@leftwing)

Posted : 06/05/2013 11:35 pm

Does the chance of bleaching lessen throughout the day as the bp absorbs into the skin? Also, is it possible to wear a hat or is this out of the question? If so, would it have to be white?

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 06/06/2013 5:24 am

I would say the bleaching effect definitely lessens as the day goes on but not completely. All my running tshirt a are bleached around the neck from sweat running off my face. I normally run after work when the Bp has been on my face all day. All my other clothes are just fine when wearing them normally (eg not sweating through exercise).

A hat will defo bleach around the rim on the inside.

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 06/06/2013 11:44 am

I've lost a few articles of clothing to bleaching... But if that's the price for clear skin, so be it... Had the same issue when I used other acne products, but the difference was, they didn't work... :-/