Notifications
Clear all

Is It Okay To Have Zinc Supplement With Almond Milk?

MemberMember
(@dreamergirl)

Posted : 05/23/2013 9:22 pm

So I drink Silk True Almond Unsweetened almond milk and it says it has 10% Zinc Gluconate. Now I'm wondering if it's okay to continue taking my 50mg zinc supplement as well, it says it is Elemental Zinc (citrate).

I also have omega 369 1200 mg, omega 3 400 EPA:200 DHA, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, zinc 15mg, and probiotic supplements. I found all these at home haha. Which ones would help me the most? Because I think that is all too much to take..no?

MemberMember
(@autonomousone1980)

Posted : 05/24/2013 12:12 am

50 mg of zinc is alot. It may interfere with copper and other minerals absorption.i have lots of bad experiances with zinc in higher doses like 50mg. Try taking it out for a few days and see if you don't feel better overall because of it. also, having too many minerals in the blood like zinc, copper, and iron which is unbound to any carrier proteins to guide them in the right places can contribute to free radical generation leading to premature aging.

i wouldnt exceed the RDA of zinc or even perhap slightly below that like 50% in a supp. i do realize there is some studies that may have shown benefits for acne in higher doses, but, even if it may slightly improve your acne, the other effects must be weighed in.

MemberMember
(@dreamergirl)

Posted : 05/24/2013 12:50 pm

50 mg of zinc is alot. It may interfere with copper and other minerals absorption.i have lots of bad experiances with zinc in higher doses like 50mg. Try taking it out for a few days and see if you don't feel better overall because of it. also, having too many minerals in the blood like zinc, copper, and iron which is unbound to any carrier proteins to guide them in the right places can contribute to free radical generation leading to premature aging.

i wouldnt exceed the RDA of zinc or even perhap slightly below that like 50% in a supp. i do realize there is some studies that may have shown benefits for acne in higher doses, but, even if it may slightly improve your acne, the other effects must be weighed in.

Do you think I should just take my 15 mg of zinc then?

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 05/24/2013 1:10 pm

I take 30 mg zinc chelated. Only chelated zinc has ever helped me. 45mg took my appetite and made me depressed but cleared me 90%. 30mg is safe for me and clears me 50% and I use diet to take care of the rest. Make sure to have zinc with your carbs or it can make you have stomach cramps. It usually takes 3 weeks to see results

MemberMember
(@autonomousone1980)

Posted : 05/26/2013 2:23 am

you should not be hanging too much on our recommendations, or depending on them, you should set up a good trial/experiment of the supplement and judge for yourself, but take our words into consideration. nobody on this site is a know it ALL.

we know some stuff and in your particular situation, our advice that we have experianced may not apply to you, but typically it does. and many peoples experiances were not based on well designed experiments, and the perceptions of the effects of one variable are typically skewed because of that misunderstandning of setting up a good experiment to test their theories/hypothesis.

really, id say be very skeptical/evaluative of all supplements. dont even assume they are safe, because most are not and teh good ones are hard to find.

15mg is probably better then 50, but use your own experiance to judge.

MemberMember
(@omnivium)

Posted : 05/26/2013 3:09 am

You'll be fine if you take 50mg for a few weeks, just don't take it for months. 15mg is a good amount to take long term.