Notifications
Clear all

The Acne Promoting Effects Of Milk!

MemberMember
(@cdfelds)

Posted : 05/22/2013 9:59 am

I've read scientific studies on the link between acne and dairy products. Its a damning fact that is over looked by many if you've tried everything like me from quinoderm, duac, antibiotics ah so many even went to the extremes of manuka honey c'mon putting honey on my face thats where acne will take you. Desperate attempts to clear your skin and claim your life back confidence and all.

Now i've battled with acne for so many years its depressing to think am going to battle with it any longer does anybody feel the same? Milk is apparently from the research i've been doing online is one of the main causes of acne! This is what your dermatologist or any of these corps won't tell you because a cured customer is no customer!! Do you honestly think they haven't got a cure for acne? Its a multiple billion $ a year business do you know how many businesses would go bust. I've realized these quinoderms(which am on now and my skins as dry as ash) and duacs,face washes etc are all temporary they just want you to keep buying man seriously if i stopped this quinoderm i'll break out so bad it would scare the life out of Dracula lool.

They are studies all over google pointing the finger at milk! I've cut milk out of my diet now for a month and i see positive results not incredible but its evidently working. I am purchasing this holistic approach teaching about acne like healing power of water, diet ,exercise and environment. I will post about the results as the claim is bold "if it don't work in 60 days have you money back" kinda of claim and the testimonials on there look viable loads of before and after pictures and vocal testimonies hmmm keep in touch follow me or whatever and i'll tell you how its going i wont recommend it at the moment as i haven't tried it but i'll let you know how it goes.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/22/2013 10:23 am

welcome here!

but let me assure u that u r not the 1st one stating milk is a culprit.

u would want to go through the 'diet and holistic living' forum to know more about what people here thinks.

(@LewisS)

Posted : 05/22/2013 11:20 am

But I love milk :(

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/23/2013 11:32 am

But I love milk sad.png

am sorry mate.

but i think u should weigh between a acne-free skin and milk.

stick to whichever u love more!grinwink.gif

(@LewisS)

Posted : 05/23/2013 11:35 am

But I love milk sad.png

am sorry mate.

True! I still have it in my tea, but I stay away from too much dairy. I ate a ton of cheese a few weeks back and broke out so bad. Not sure if it was the cheese, but likely.

Waiting for my BHA to get here to sort the aftermath out!

MemberMember
(@cdfelds)

Posted : 05/24/2013 5:49 am

But I love milk sad.png

am sorry mate.

True! I still have it in my tea, but I stay away from too much dairy. I ate a ton of cheese a few weeks back and broke out so bad. Not sure if it was the cheese, but likely.

Waiting for my BHA to get here to sort the aftermath out!

Thats exactly what i am thinking Lewis i love milk i have been reading the ingredients to everything i eat and you will be shocked how much milk is in it all wow!...I sugar intake is also another big player aswell....Hmmm tag more people to these convos i wna see others who've actually got results from cutting these things out!...

I mean radically cutting out dairy is tough especially when your offered cakes. I have black tea :( but if its gonna clear my skin i won't ever touch milk again ive been battling acne to many years lol.

Thank you aanabill i will certainly join some of your blog convos and that do follow my results i am about to post a picture up lol of the acne and its scarring and then i'll show you my results as time passes if its improved my skin or not. I've been back on quinoderm for about a week my skin has dried like tobacco lol i was on dettol before that really helped i've been on so much i just want a cure you know what i mean i don't want a temporary you gotta apply it twice a day or you'll break out. Accutane is LEATHAL i will not go anywhere near there am sorry lol the sideeffects is like getting rid of one disease and getting another depression is not what i want! Tag some people grinwink.gif i wna see more opinions and there results!

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 05/24/2013 1:12 pm

Yes sugar and milk = acne

Don't forget that carbs are eventually processed into sugar by the body

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/25/2013 2:20 am

but they aint as harmful as sugar.

carbs are our necessity and should be taken in moderation.u can keep it low carb and low GI/GL.but completely restricting it is not right in my opinion.

any kind of carb that u r good with,not intolerant to SHOULD be included in ur diet.

this i am saying keeping general people in mind.

(@LewisS)

Posted : 05/25/2013 4:41 am

Thats exactly what i am thinking Lewis i love milk i have been reading the ingredients to everything i eat and you will be shocked how much milk is in it all wow!...I sugar intake is also another big player aswell....Hmmm tag more people to these convos i wna see others who've actually got results from cutting these things out!...

I mean radically cutting out dairy is tough especially when your offered cakes. I have black tea sad.png but if its gonna clear my skin i won't ever touch milk again ive been battling acne to many years lol.

Yeah, black tea is a huge part of my diet (with milk). I tried it with almond milk, but I didn't purchase anymore since I ran out. I don't think dairy is my problem to be honest. My skin is in bad condition right now, but the breakout happened before I went back to dairy and it seems like my skin goes through periods of being clear and periods of lucking terrible.

My skin is actually at its worst since I quit the regimen. It cleared me up and I managed to maintain that for months, but my skin looks quite nasty and red at the moment.

Thanks for the add by the way. First friend request I've ever gotten on here!

MemberMember
(@stella-the-diver)

Posted : 05/25/2013 11:16 am

I've cut out milk and yogourt completely. i remember eating yogourt and cereal with milk everyday and I broke out bad, but I never thought of the link between dairy and acne. I would blame it only on stress related to school. If I want to eat cereal now, I use almond milk. I definitely see improvement, no more big and inflammed pimples. Just some minor, little bumps.

Is butter also something to cut out, too? I just really love to bake and butter is like the holy grail in baking.

MemberMember
(@scotty8996)

Posted : 05/25/2013 12:13 pm

I read that dairy causes acne because of the amount of hormones that's in it. So if you have hormonal acne then it could make it worse. It's just frustrating because milk is used in a lot of things. Pasta, cakes, biscuits, pastry on savory foods, chocolate etc.

Very frustrating !

I try and avoid white refined sugar as much as poss. But does the same apply to raw honey too ? Should I avoid that too ?

MemberMember
(@darkheart)

Posted : 05/25/2013 4:38 pm

I don't believe dairy has anything to do with acne. However too much grain and sugar can elevate insulin and lead to insulin resistance in genetically prone individuals. Insulin resistance has some correlation with acne.

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 05/25/2013 7:03 pm

I don't believe dairy has anything to do with acne. However too much grain and sugar can elevate insulin and lead to insulin resistance in genetically prone individuals. Insulin resistance has some correlation with acne.

L2 use the internet brah. do some research. type into that thing called google acne dairy and boom! then you'll see.

carbs are our necessity and should be taken in moderation.u can keep it low carb and low GI/GL.but completely restricting it is not right in my opinion.

any kind of carb that u r good with,not intolerant to SHOULD be included in ur diet.

i have cut down my carbs to 20% of my daily energy and now my acne is way less. i have seen for myself that my acne was caused by excess carbs causing a spike in insulin which causes acne for most people. not everyone is the same but carbs cause it for me.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 05/25/2013 10:30 pm

I read that dairy causes acne because of the amount of hormones that's in it. So if you have hormonal acne then it could make it worse. It's just frustrating because milk is used in a lot of things. Pasta, cakes, biscuits, pastry on savory foods, chocolate etc.

Very frustrating !

I try and avoid white refined sugar as much as poss. But does the same apply to raw honey too ? Should I avoid that too ?

Dairy contributes to acne in many ways. And hormones are nearly always involved in all our acne, exceptions would be pores clogged topically and allergic reactions, but even then, there's a connection between histamine levels and androgens.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/26/2013 1:43 am

I've cut out milk and yogourt completely. i remember eating yogourt and cereal with milk everyday and I broke out bad, but I never thought of the link between dairy and acne. I would blame it only on stress related to school. If I want to eat cereal now, I use almond milk. I definitely see improvement, no more big and inflammed pimples. Just some minor, little bumps.

Is butter also something to cut out, too? I just really love to bake and butter is like the holy grail in baking.

butter is not good - one,its dairy too.

two,its not a good idea to have too much oily/buttery stuff when u have acne (or otherwise).

one nutritionist(on tv) once asked us to not have more that 2 tbspn of oil a day(more or less).

even my derma asked me not to have oily food!

MemberMember
(@darkheart)

Posted : 05/26/2013 8:12 pm

L2 use the internet brah. do some research. type into that thing called google acne dairy and boom! then you'll see.

>

i have cut down my carbs to 20% of my daily energy and now my acne is way less. i have seen for myself that my acne was caused by excess carbs causing a spike in insulin which causes acne for most people. not everyone is the same but carbs cause it for me.

Actually milk is good for acne because it's a rich sorce of vitamin D which bolsters the immune system. Acne really isn't a hormonal problem as most people with acne have normal androgen levels. Hormones just make the skin oily and don't directly cause acne as many people with oily skin don't sufffer from acne lesions.

The inflammation in acne is caused by infection which only occurs to the degree it does because the immune system in an acne patient is inherently weaker than a clear skinned person. When someone grows out of acne it's because their immune system matures - not because their hormones balance.

I had inflammatory acne for thirteen years straight from age 11-23 and only recently grew out of it. I also grew out of my asthma and severe allergies at the same time as well so I'm definitely thinking it was all tied to me having a weaker immune system (as with any inflammatory disorder). I eat tons of dairy, cheese and grain currently and my skin is completely unblemished. Explain that?

MemberMember
(@cdfelds)

Posted : 05/27/2013 4:14 am

>>

Actually milk is good for acne because it's a rich sorce of vitamin D which bolsters the immune system. Acne really isn't a hormonal problem as most people with acne have normal androgen levels. Hormones just make the skin oily and don't directly cause acne as many people with oily skin don't sufffer from acne lesions.

The inflammation in acne is caused by infection which only occurs to the degree it does because the immune system in an acne patient is inherently weaker than a clear skinned person. When someone grows out of acne it's because their immune system matures - not because their hormones balance.

I had inflammatory acne for thirteen years straight from age 11-23 and only recently grew out of it. I also grew out of my asthma and severe allergies at the same time as well so I'm definitely thinking it was all tied to me having a weaker immune system (as with any inflammatory disorder). I eat tons of dairy, cheese and grain currently and my skin is completely unblemished. Explain that?

hmmm very interesting it seems that it must affect different people in diff ways...this shows that one mans cure may be another catalyst for a breakout....

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 05/31/2013 1:06 pm

>>>

ill explain. you are a lucky person because most people break out from dairy.

Very frustrating !

Dairy contributes to acne in many ways. And hormones are nearly always involved in all our acne, exceptions would be pores clogged topically and allergic reactions, but even then, there's a connection between histamine levels and androgens.

this is why i dont understand when people say their acne is "hormonal" i think almost all acne is hormonal. how could it not be. i would have had acne all my life and not just when i started puberty if it wasn't related to hormones.

ill explain it. insulin resistance is normal for teenage years. therefore eating foods which spike insulin cause acne. basically insulin is an androgen and when it is raised it triggers other androgens which in turn make skin more oily. this is why acne is sometimes associated with steroids. acne is not really to do with an infection per say but instead with overactive sebaceous glands. these glands are more responsive to the androgens that caused sebum production. dht is known to cause sebum production. everyone has the same bacteria in their skin so you are wrong to say that acne is caused by an infection. not enough research has been done but if you look at places like pubmed we see that people are genetically disposed to acne because their skin cells are more responsive to the hormones that are making sebum which are usually andorgens like testosterone, dht, and igf-1. dairy is full of androgens which is probably why it directly is linked to acne. this is why not everyone has acne. i do not think that the immune system of a peson with acne is "weaker". i have not had a cold in 2 years and i still have acne. acne lies in our genes. it is how our sebum cells repsond to androgens. this is why two people could eat the same thing and one would break out and the other would not. only one has over responsive sebum cells. there are many studies showing that the skin is naturally populated with p acnes and other "acne" bacteria. what seems to matter in acne is the level of oil production and some sort of inflammation factor which is brought on by how our skin cells respond to the hormones in our body. it makes sense that androgen levels of people with acne is normal. that is not the problem. the problem is how their skin cells respond to the androgens.

heres a study from pubmed: "Several studies have demonstrated that there is an association between local overproduction of active androgens and acne. Acne patients produced higher rates of testosterone and 5-dihydrotestosterone (5-DHT) in their skin than healthy individuals.

The following popper user interface control may not be accessible. Tab to the next button to revert the control to an accessible version.

Destroy user interface control29 High testosterone levels have been implicated with enhanced sebaceous gland activity in humans

The following popper user interface control may not be accessible. Tab to the next button to revert the control to an accessible version.

Destroy user interface control30,

Destroy user interface control31 and consequently with diseases marked by hyperseborrhea, such as Acne vulgaris. However, only a few patients with androgenic disorders exhibit hyperandrogenemia, an observation which indicates the predominance of peripheral tissue events for the occurrence of clinical signs.

Destroy user interface control

32"

you just told me that people with acne do not have hormone problems and yet pubmed says that the produce a "local overproduction" of androgens. you are just another internet scientist misleading others. this is why we really should take what other people post with a grain of salt on the internet. your facts are not even right

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 05/31/2013 1:29 pm

Dairy is not a rich source of D. If you think you are getting adequate amount of D from dairy, you are very mistaken. You are getting a tiny, tiny fraction of what you need.

Get your D from the Sun as much as possible, and take supplements when it's not possible.

And no, our immune systems are not weaker either. I never get sick. That is not the difference between us and them. The differences lie in the way our cells proliferate, die off and exfoliate. There are several genetic traits that have been identified that affect that.

Also, androgens are not the only hormones involved in acne. There's also insulin and IGF-1, for example.

Also, anything that's bad for acne sufferers is bad for everyone else too. They just don't develop the symptom of acne because they don't have the genetic tendencies towards impaired cell proliferation/exfoliation. Likewise, everything truly good for health is good for acne.

I also don't notice any affect from dairy, but that would because acne is a result of many things you do to yourself. It's all cumulative. Whether or not I notice any effect from dairy, it still both contains and promotes hormones directly involved in acne and cell hyperproliferation (which means it also promotes cancer cell growth. You don't want hyperproliferation happening, period).

lchance,

Hormones are always involved. Except for pores clogged topically, and maybe allergic response, but there's still a correlationship between histamine and androgens.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/31/2013 1:37 pm

Dairy is not a rich source of D. If you think you are getting adequate amount of D from dairy, you are very mistaken. You are getting a tiny, tiny fraction of what you need.

Get your D from the Sun as much as possible, and take supplements when it's not possible.

And no, our immune systems are not weaker either. I never get sick. That is not the difference between us and them. The differences lie in the way our cells proliferate, die off and exfoliate. There are several genetic traits that have been identified that affect that.

Also, anything that's bad for acne sufferers is bad for everyone else too. They just don't develop the symptom of acne because they don't have the genetic tendencies towards impaired cell proliferation/exfoliation.

lchance,

It is always hormonal. Except for pores clogged topically, and maybe allergic response, but there's still a correlationship between histamine and androgens.

yes,she means its hormonal in a way that other things(like diet or activity/exercise/stress/sleep etc) plays with the hormonal level.

so other things(indirect sources) come up as the cause but actually its the hormones.

one needs about 15-20 minutes(or maximum 25-30mins) of sun exposure for enough vit D for a day.that too not necessarily on the face.anywhere.

as far as i know,its enough.

enough to work the calcium intake properly in ur body.

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 05/31/2013 1:38 pm

Also, androgens are not the only hormones involved in acne. There's also insulin and IGF-1, for example.

Also, anything that's bad for acne sufferers is bad for everyone else too. They just don't develop the symptom of acne because they don't have the genetic tendencies towards impaired cell proliferation/exfoliation. Likewise, everything truly good for health is good for acne.

I also don't notice any affect from dairy, but that would because acne is a result of many things you do to yourself. It's all cumulative. Whether or not I notice any effect from dairy, it still both contains and promotes hormones directly involved in acne and cell hyperproliferation (which means it also promotes cancer cell growth. You don't want hyperproliferation happening, period).

lchance,

Hormones are always involved. Except for pores clogged topically, and maybe allergic response, but there's still a correlationship between histamine and androgens.

could not have said it better myself. in fact a lot of the stuff i have found is because i looked at your old posts and others on this forum about diet and acne. it seems to take me a week to develop acne from dairy and then it lasts a few days. it is strange because it is much easier for me to see the relationship of acne to sugar for me than to dairy.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 05/31/2013 1:41 pm

lchance,

could not have said it better myself. in fact a lot of the stuff i have found is because i looked at your old posts and others on this forum about diet and acne. it seems to take me a week to develop acne from dairy and then it lasts a few days. it is strange because it is much easier for me to see the relationship of acne to sugar for me than to dairy.

I forgot to mention that more receptors for estrogens and androgens have been found in acne prone skin.

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 05/31/2013 1:51 pm

Also, anything that's bad for acne sufferers is bad for everyone else too. They just don't develop the symptom of acne because they don't have the genetic tendencies towards impaired cell proliferation/exfoliation.

lchance,

It is always hormonal. Except for pores clogged topically, and maybe allergic response, but there's still a correlationship between histamine and androgens.

yes,she means its hormonal in a way that other things(like diet or activity/exercise/stress/sleep etc) plays with the hormonal level.

so other things(indirect sources) come up as the cause but actually its the hormones.

one needs about 15-20 minutes(or maximum 25-30mins) of sun exposure for enough vit D for a day.that too not necessarily on the face.anywhere.

i had to take actual vitamin D pills because mine wouldnt raise and i have very light skin. i take 5k a day

lchance,

I forgot to mention that more receptors for estrogens and androgens have been found in acne prone skin.

i think this must be a genetic factor? and that in the future if genetic engineering on humans is made more available certain people will be able to have the gene that creates more receptors taken out of their DNA. what i guess is that the pores are a collection and since the skin has more receptors basically there is more oil on the skin of people with acne than people without. this basically single handedly explains why only certain people get acne. they are genetically predisposed in a sense to have more oily skin which could be linked to more inflammation and a more habitable environment for bacteria.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 05/31/2013 2:55 pm

lchance,

i had to take actual vitamin D pills because mine wouldnt raise and i have very light skin. i take 5k a day

lockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ichance23" data-cid="3353751" data-time="1370025521">

lchance,

i think this must be a genetic factor? and that in the future if genetic engineering on humans is made more available certain people will be able to have the gene that creates more receptors taken out of their DNA. what i guess is that the pores are a collection and since the skin has more receptors basically there is more oil on the skin of people with acne than people without. this basically single handedly explains why only certain people get acne. they are genetically predisposed in a sense to have more oily skin which could be linked to more inflammation and a more habitable environment for bacteria.

Genes involved in acne.

http://dietforclearskin.blogspot.com/2012/06/things-that-are-different-in-acne-prone.html

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/298123-genes-involved-in-acne/

MemberMember
(@darkheart)

Posted : 06/01/2013 11:12 pm

lchance,

"Hormones are always involved"? I had acne since 10-11 and went to five different endocrinologists (for a second and third opinion) from age 14-21 and none of them ever found any hormonal imbalance or PCOS ect. My androgens and other hormones (including insulin) were always completely normal. I even had salivary gland analysis back when I was around 22 as I heard that gives a more accurate reading of hormones and that came back normal as well.

Saying that all acne is caued by a hormonal imbalance is bullsh*T!