Notifications
Clear all

Life Without Acne

MemberMember
(@helpclear)

Posted : 05/21/2013 3:44 pm

Does anyone else always think about this?

Back in Elementry School I actually liked school and had many friends from what I remember. In the early Middle School days things were going good, then partly through 6th or 7th grade I started getting acne. It was terrifying and I got made fun of constantly all the way through High School. I had very few friends and what friends I did have in school I very rarely hung out with them outside of school. One day on the bus some little punk punched me in the face who I always avoided but he always had to try and pick on me. Well I didn't take that and I punched him back which made him ball his eyes off. This happened on the bus and most of the time kids left me alone on the bus after that. Of course I get detention while that little punk didn't which made me extremely angry.

Nothing changed in school though. I couldn't even finish High School which I never tell anyone as it's completely embarassing. I couldn't take the constant emotional abuse. I had no desire to finish High School or go to college because I hated it. I jumped right into working pretty much right when I quit school and actually enjoyed it more because people weren't making fun of me and actually made me feel normal.

Now that I'm 27 I really feel like if I didn't have acne I would have gone to college and gotten a job I love. Instead I'm stuck at a job I don't really like while still battling acne. My pay doesn't even matter to me as I'm not even upset about that, I just want to do something I love or even just live a normal life. I feel I'll never get married at this rate or have any kids as the years are just flying by now. This acne has just ruined me and no matter how much anyone says to deal with it, it isn't that easy. I tried like hell for years and I went out with some nice girls and got rejected by a bunch. It just isn't easy for someone with acne in the dating world.

MemberMember
(@misclegend)

Posted : 05/21/2013 3:47 pm

Great post man and it's an awful story and speaks about how it can be for MEN with acne ( as females won't deal with this nonsense. ), I also want to state that even if we cured our acne tomorrow, we will never get our time or our youth back.

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 05/21/2013 3:58 pm

We've all been through the rejection and pain of suffering with acne, hence the creation of this site... Contrary to unpopular belief ^^^ women also experience rejection and diminished self confidence when suffering from acne. At the end of the day, what matters is having a great support system and moving forward, because we can not get that time back, but we can make the present better by living in the moment. Our potential is only realized when we actually try... I could've let severe acne hold me down, but I didn't... I never used acne as an excuse as to why I didn't accomplish what I wanted, nor should you. At the end of the day, I had to take a good look within myself and realize that I, not acne, inhibited my own growth. Yes, the regimen helped me to gain a great deal of self confidence on the surface but I had that self confidence all along... Having clear skin just brought it back to the surface... I suffered from SEVERE acne for over 20 years and the regimen saved my skin, yet it did not change who I am as a person.. Let the past go and move forward knowing that you have learned lessons that you probably wouldn't have without going through your journey. Remain strong and no matter what, choose to be positive and never allow negativity to destroy you again... Good luck and take care of yourself physically, mentally, and emotionally... :D

MemberMember
(@stella-the-diver)

Posted : 05/21/2013 4:02 pm

Great post man and it's an awful story and speaks about how it can be for MEN with acne ( as females won't deal with this nonsense. ), I also want to state that even if we cured our acne tomorrow, we will never get our time or our youth back.

I disagree. It's hard for women,too! What world do you live in? We live in a world where everything is fucking airbrushed and photoshopped. Media is always talking crap about Kim Kardashian being fat (hellooo she's pregnant, for God's sakes) or any other celebrity's looks. Every ad you see, the girls or thin, have poreless, clear, flawless skin. How is that supposed to make us feel?

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/22/2013 1:12 am

I disagree. It's hard for women,too! What world do you live in? We live in a world where everything is fucking airbrushed and photoshopped. Media is always talking crap about Kim Kardashian being fat (hellooo she's pregnant, for God's sakes) or any other celebrity's looks. Every ad you see, the girls or thin, have poreless, clear, flawless skin. How is that supposed to make us feel?

i agree mate.

girls,by standard definition, are expected to be 'beautiful'.that too even 'beauty' has a definite definition.

thats probably one reason girls wear make up a lot more than men.

for its old age story abt manliness preventing use of make up.

given a choice most men would chose make -up..unless there is peer pressure or lack of skill!!

MemberMember
(@frankl)

Posted : 05/23/2013 8:58 pm

honestly its all in your head. those girls on the ad they are there to sell you shit. reality is people dont want unattractive people on tv. quick story. my friends mom is over weight and unattractive. not being superficial but she is like 50 something and missing teeth so she is physically unattractive. anyway all she does all day is watch tv and talk shit about people on tv. she watches stuff like american idol and judges every person she sees on there. if a person is just as fat as her on tv she says something about her weight. i'm like wtf? really?

point is all the media and celeb gossips stuff isn't real life they are just trying to sell you shit because there is probably some study that shows unattractive people cant sell prodcuts or whatever. in real life you are a pretty girl and its all good.

Does anyone else always think about this?

Back in Elementry School I actually liked school and had many friends from what I remember. In the early Middle School days things were going good, then partly through 6th or 7th grade I started getting acne. It was terrifying and I got made fun of constantly all the way through High School. I had very few friends and what friends I did have in school I very rarely hung out with them outside of school. One day on the bus some little punk punched me in the face who I always avoided but he always had to try and pick on me. Well I didn't take that and I punched him back which made him ball his eyes off. This happened on the bus and most of the time kids left me alone on the bus after that. Of course I get detention while that little punk didn't which made me extremely angry.

Nothing changed in school though. I couldn't even finish High School which I never tell anyone as it's completely embarassing. I couldn't take the constant emotional abuse. I had no desire to finish High School or go to college because I hated it. I jumped right into working pretty much right when I quit school and actually enjoyed it more because people weren't making fun of me and actually made me feel normal.

Now that I'm 27 I really feel like if I didn't have acne I would have gone to college and gotten a job I love. Instead I'm stuck at a job I don't really like while still battling acne. My pay doesn't even matter to me as I'm not even upset about that, I just want to do something I love or even just live a normal life. I feel I'll never get married at this rate or have any kids as the years are just flying by now. This acne has just ruined me and no matter how much anyone says to deal with it, it isn't that easy. I tried like hell for years and I went out with some nice girls and got rejected by a bunch. It just isn't easy for someone with acne in the dating world.

man I feel you. you and I are like living the same life. I have a crappy job where I work on cars outdoors sometimes in the sun for shit pay. I work 50+ hours just to make ends meet. my plan when I graduated (before my face mutated and got severe acne at like 18 almost 19) was to get a job and save some money to go to college. then my face exploded. like if there is a god he was like "f*ck you frank your life is going to suck* and now here I am. I'm 31 alone in my apartment on acne.org venting. I should be at a friends house drinking a beer, smoking and watching a basketball game or something. Like normal people. I hate acne.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/24/2013 8:49 am

both men and women have trouble fighting acne or anything else.equally.

i hate it when there's discrimination.

but then there's one thing to remember,

the ones's who r valuable

there are people who are over-weight and talk about obesity negatively!

just like there are people who have acne and talk about acne-sufferers negatively!

the world is round and u see similar people with similar features but on different subjects and levels.

one can not stop others by force or should(ideally) criticize them behind their back(which i must admit is tempting and common for all of us!).

the best thing to do is bring up that topic to her/him in a good way,may be.

(that is if u even care to give the fact a damn).

and if u aint bothered about who's saying what and who's doing what all day - well then,walk on ur way and spare others!

good for u and good for all!=)

MemberMember
(@helpclear)

Posted : 05/24/2013 4:55 pm

I actually like when I see a women(or anyone) with acne because it actually makes me feel normal. When all I see is their perfect looking skin, or what appears to be their perfect looking skin from make up, it makes it feel nearly impossible to ever even dream of them actually finding me attractive.

So a guy has to live every day with every flaw on his face always showing.. A guy can grow a beard and hide his, but not all guys can or want to grow one. It also can't hide all areas of the face.

MemberMember
(@frankl)

Posted : 05/24/2013 6:33 pm

I actually like when I see a women(or anyone) with acne because it actually makes me feel normal. When all I see is their perfect looking skin, or what appears to be their perfect looking skin from make up, it makes it feel nearly impossible to ever even dream of them actually finding me attractive.

So a guy has to live every day with every flaw on his face always showing.. A guy can grow a beard and hide his, but not all guys can or want to grow one. It also can't hide all areas of the face.

Yea kills my confidence too, matter of fact I've met girls with acne and scars who still don't even look my way because they got options anyway. Its harder for us guys for sure. of course there will be arguments from women on this board but they have no idea.

unfortunately i cant even grow a beard to cover this shit i call a face. i am so beta. :(

MemberMember
(@helpclear)

Posted : 05/25/2013 2:37 am

Yea kills my confidence too, matter of fact I've met girls with acne and scars who still don't even look my way because they got options anyway. Its harder for us guys for sure. of course there will be arguments from women on this board but they have no idea.

unfortunately i cant even grow a beard to cover this shit i call a face. i am so beta. sad.png

Yea I'd try to grow a goatee to cover my problem spots but it doesn't come in completely on the sides. There are tons of guys who can't grow a full beard so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just look at Tiger Woods try to grow facial hair. He isn't beta now is he?

MemberMember
(@perseverance92)

Posted : 05/30/2013 2:19 pm

unfortunately i cant even grow a beard to cover this shit i call a face. i am so beta. sad.png

Get some confidence Frank.Just because you cannot sport a beard doesn't means your beta! It's your confidence and your body language that makes you an alpha male.I have seen guys in my college who are probably 5 4" with a potbelly and they still have girls swooning over them.It is because they exude confidence.Girls don't look your way probably because they sense your low self-esteem.Another reason could be that you target the wrong girls? By wrong girls i mean extremely pretty girls .Try going for average girls.The prettier ones are all vain and conceited.I know it's a horrendous generalization and that the women fraternity here is going to rebuke me for my flagrant insolence. But i can't really help.With whatever little experience i have with women (i am 21),well it's all darkness.

Try to get a better job.Save around 100$ every month.Work for 5 years.That is 6,000$ on your 36th b'day.Put the money in some small business.Do intelligent investments.Read hard about the stock market.Get into it's nitty gritties.Your Business sagacity could make you a king.Be intelligent.READ! instead of scribbling here. Best of luck mate :)

MemberMember
(@frankl)

Posted : 05/30/2013 4:37 pm

Get some confidence Frank.Just because you cannot sport a beard doesn't means your beta! It's your confidence and your body language that makes you an alpha male.I have seen guys in my college who are probably 5 4" with a potbelly and they still have girls swooning over them.It is because they exude confidence.Girls don't look your way probably because they sense your low self-esteem.Another reason could be that you target the wrong girls? By wrong girls i mean extremely pretty girls .Try going for average girls.The prettier ones are all vain and conceited.I know it's a horrendous generalization and that the women fraternity here is going to rebuke me for my flagrant insolence. But i can't really help.With whatever little experience i have with women (i am 21),well it's all darkness.

Try to get a better job.Save around 100$ every month.Work for 5 years.That is 6,000$ on your 36th b'day.Put the money in some small business.Do intelligent investments.Read hard about the stock market.Get into it's nitty gritties.Your Business sagacity could make you a king.Be intelligent.READ! instead of scribbling here. Best of luck mate smile.png

hey man thanks for the advice. Totally get what you're saying. I don't go for "pretty" girls. Lets just say that short girls with pot bellies have turned me down. heh

best of luck to you too, you are young I am sure you will figure it all out.

MemberMember
(@celestialelf)

Posted : 05/30/2013 5:00 pm

I really despise all this talk about how men or women have it worse when it comes to acne. We both have it pretty fricking terrible, just in different ways. Stop trying to make this into a contest for the love of god. neutral.gif

MemberMember
(@thegoodson)

Posted : 06/02/2013 6:17 pm

Wait a sec here... You're really hot; what foolish dude could possibly reject your looks? Just by posting here you probably just netted 100 profile views lol.

Trust me when i say dudes have it way harder than chicks. :P

icwutudidthar!!!

MemberMember
(@deletethisshit)